No announcement yet.

Wrestlemania 38

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Correct Powder, not every match has to be 15-20 minutes, and it won't be. WWE never books like that, so I'm not sure why you'd bring that up.

And the simple answer as to why they do 2 nights is to ask you: will you watch both nights? I highly doubt there are many people who will only tune into 1 show and not the other. Especially with Peacock/Network where you don't have to watch it live. But if you do watch both nights live, then it's an odd complaint.

Comment

It's just asking a lot from your fanbase. The WWE asks us to watch 3 hours of RAW, 2 hours of NXT and then 2 hours of SD, then 6 hours of WM on both Sat and Sunday followed by another 3 hour RAW the next Monday.

Regardless of watching live, 12 hours of their Superbowl is too much.

Hell the Superbowl is only 4ish hours long, and that includes the 25 minute halftime show.

Comment

Originally posted by PEN15v2 View Post
        And the simple answer as to why they do 2 nights is to ask you: will you watch both nights? I highly doubt there are many people who will only tune into 1 show and not the other. Especially with Peacock/Network where you don't have to watch it live. But if you do watch both nights live, then it's an odd complaint.
        Hmmm, I'm not sure, actually.

Seven hours was too long, but at least in one sitting if I got bored I could chat with friends. Two nights is actually a lot harder for someone like me.

Sunday is the day that I really, really want to see. But I'm not going to sit in my house alone for five hours on a Saturday night, so unless I can put a crew together I'm not sure I'll watch it live and I'm not really the type who's going to go back a week later and watch night one of Mania.

Maybe it's because of the way they treat their content as disposable, or maybe it 's because they make so much of it, but I don't feel there's any re-watch value in modern wrestling. I can go back and watch 20 year old Raw's and PPVs until the cows come home, but I never find myself seeking out current product to re-watch.

If I don't watch Saturday live, I'll probably pirate the Owens/Austin segment Sunday morning and that'll be that I'll likely never watch it. Odds are I'll never see Stand and Deliver. I just don't have the time.

I actually wonder how Saturday's show will do on Peacock. For the last two years they've had the benefit of a lot of people being captive in their homes. This year they don't, and people are hungrier than ever to get out of the house on a Saturday.

I know of at least two local indies running Saturday and usually running head to head with Mania is suicide, but their advance has been largely unaffected.
        Last edited by Team Farrell; 03-31-2022, 03:07 PM.
        https://youtu.be/wue-ZFnEta8
        My latest (and hopefully last) Covid-Era show

Comment

Granted, I'm disengaged from the current product to know what's hot and what's cold, but just by looking at the cards themselves...yeesh, Saturday is a skipper in my book.

Even if I did still watch, I'd skip Sunday too and probably watch it on the stream on Monday. Date night and all.

Comment

I'm sorry to hear that you're not as excited as I am. I decided to see both nights at the theater on my own, with Sunday night in a VIP room with wait service. As someone who has been working from home for over 2 years (plus several periods before then for non-Covid related reasons), I need to get out of the house, and maybe my excitement to do something is feeding my excitement for the card. But as you can tell from my rundown above, I feel it's a really solid show.

Comment

I don't currently watch any wrestling organization regularly, but I find myself excited for the hof and WM.

Hof has that WCW blend that works for me, like with the Steiners and Vader. UT will be special as well.

I'm here for Austin and Seth Rollins vs ? above all else. Usually when I watch WWE, I end up liking RKbro matches the best, for whatever reason.

For the first time in my life, when I watch WWE (RR, WM) I watch it more on their terms than mine (sports entertainment, content making vs. pro wrestling) and I find I'm happier when I can do that.
              sigpic

Comment

That's a good way to put it, Mystic. I'm exhausted by "pro wrestling" now. It's very much associated to lifetime of it and being 40, but 4-5 star matches don't mean much to me anymore. To me I want to care about the story more than the matches. The matches are just the icing on the cake, essentially.

RKBro have been tremendous. Orton really is one of the best in ring story tellers, and this story/angle/team fits around Riddle's skills tremendously.

All that being said, I'm suspecting they are breaking up this week. I wouldn't go so far as saying it's a prediction. But barring new teams coming from SD or NXT, or new teams created, RKBro have worked with everyone, and there's little left for them to do unless it's against each other. I dunno, just a feeling that we're gonna get some surprise swerve heel/face turn, and this seems like the best candidate.

Comment

From everything that I've heard (and quite a long distance away), it sounds like the kind of show that if you are in that group that generally likes modern WWE you'll be into the show. If you're one of the larger groups of more sceptical fans or lapsed fans, then there's next to nothing on the card to convince you to watch it - and certainly nothing to convince you to sit through two nights of it. So in a sense, I guess WWE are, as we've said about AEW and some other promotions over the years, very much preaching to the choir at this point.

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

Comment

I think that's the case in terms of existing wrestling fans. But with the celebrity involvement, there's still a few elements to gain completely new fans somehow.

Comment

All that being said, I'm suspecting they are breaking up this week. I wouldn't go so far as saying it's a prediction. But barring new teams coming from SD or NXT, or new teams created, RKBro have worked with everyone, and there's little left for them to do unless it's against each other. I dunno, just a feeling that we're gonna get some surprise swerve heel/face turn, and this seems like the best candidate.
                      I just hope it’s not what everyone expects in that Orton is the one to turn on Riddle. Riddle turning on Orton and becoming more serious, grows the character much more than Orton turning heel once again. Orton will put over Riddle, but in my opinion, Riddle needs to turn.

Comment

Wanna know the kind of random shit that occurs to me?

-Both of the losers of last year's main event have turned heel on AJ Styles by kicking him in the nuts.
                        -Reigns/Lesnar is a Samoan and a redneck facing each other for the third time at WrestleMania. Sound familiar?
                        -A common theme this year is heel Canadian vs face southerner. Owens/Austin, Edge/Styles and Sami Zayn vs Johnny Knoxville.

Comment

I said it to Pen early this morning:

With the way that Undertaker finished his speech last night by putting on his jacket and hat and saying: Never say never.

This leads me to believe that either:
                          1. He is/was the backup plan for Rollins if Cody fell though
                          OR
                          2. He will be Rollins' opponent and Cody's debut will be held off until Monday.

Comment

Every year I like to take a moment to wish everyone a happy WrestleMania. May your disappointments be few and your mark out moments be many.

Comment

That's a good way to put it, Mystic. I'm exhausted by "pro wrestling" now. It's very much associated to lifetime of it and being 40, but 4-5 star matches don't mean much to me anymore. To me I want to care about the story more than the matches. The matches are just the icing on the cake, essentially.
                              This statement is so true. I've thoroughly enjoyed night one of WrestleMania, and it's mostly been because of big feel and big characters.

For those who watched tonight, I wonder what you though of Cody/Rollins. I thought Cody started nervous, but they picked up about halfway through.

I see a potential path if Cody has a world title in his future. First, we were reminded of Dusty tonight. Later, a Dusty documentary is coming. Then, in an interview released tonight, Cody talks about his original dream was to be WWE champion, because Dusty wasn't able to do it in the garden against Graham.

^ Obviously I don't know if he'll be WWE champion, but I wonder if this is going to be his open mission at some point, to do what daddy couldn't do. If they give him the belt, they should do it at MSG. What a moment that would be.

Really fun night though. Gonna watch Austin now.

sigpic

Comment

It was a near perfect show. It was long, and I do understand the complaints of it being a lot to ask of the audience.

But every match mattered and felt deserving of a spot on the card. And one thing I realized as the show went on is that every match had a chance to breathe. Whether it's indy influence, or AEW pressure, or just wrestling in 2022, tonight was about taking time in the ring and selling the moments and moves more than usual. And every match was unique.

Concerning Cody, there were some rough spots and it's very possible nerves were a reason for it. But overall it was a fantastic match. Both the Raw women's title and this match were the best of the night, and both exemplified selling. They each had stories to tell, and they told them well.

On the topic of Cody, I think WWE would be really wise to strike while the iron is hot and get him on a Stone Cold podcast ASAP. If they wait too long and his push cools off, it won't matter, but if they release it in the next month or two, that would get a lot of attention.
                                Will he be a WWE Champion? I wouldn't bet against it, but I don't see it any time soon. Brock vs Roman really is a massive match, and the pool of challengers will be small with mostly other giants like Lashley, McIntyre, and possibly Omos depending on tomorrow night. Owens and Rollins can always be part of the mix, and Orton as well. But Cody will need some work.

Comment

Working...
                                X