No announcement yet.

Hall of Fame 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HoF inductions are turning into participation awards.

Comment

Female nods in a business that has, historically, misused or otherwise mistreated it's female talent are always going to be a problem, especially as nowadays it will feel inappropriate for WWE to not induct a female into the HoF.

Seems like they're really running thin on them, although I don't think Sable has been inducted yet as an example of where they could go.

Comment

I honestly believe that since Sable has not yet been inducted, that she will be inducted when Brock is so they can go in together as a family.

Comment

Entirely possible, I guess. Sable seems pretty happy to live a fairly reclusive life (as does Brock for that matter) so maybe she's just not too bothered equally.

There's probably a fair few of the women's wrestlers from, say, the mid-00s that are on the cusp of one. I'm actually kind of surprised that Mickie isn't getting inducted after turning up in the Rumble, I wondered if that was the deal there. But Mickie, Melina, Victoria...heck, even arguably Maryse could all be inducted in the next few years and have a good body of achievements behind them.

Comment

Will Vince be the first of the McMahons to be inducted? Will it be posthumously?

Comment

Definitely Posthumously. I believe he has said repeatedly that he dies not want to be inducted alive, but he should.

Unless Linda.

But Vince deserves to have a speech. He is literally responsible for damn near everything.
              Last edited by Powder; 03-17-2022, 12:36 PM.

Comment

I feel like Vince, in his micromanaging way, will have somehow made a plan for his own HoF induction, including a pre-recorded speech.

Comment

As cool as that would be, making HoF arrangements before his death and induction would seem somewhat uncharacteristically narcaccistic of him.

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzard Guts View Post
                    Will Vince be the first of the McMahons to be inducted? Will it be posthumously?
                    Vince Sr. has been in since 1996.

If you believe what you hear about Vince not wanting people to even thank him in their speeches, you can imagine how he feels about going in while he's alive, and the idea of making a speech himself. It sounds like he feels as if it's just not what the customer wants to see - people falling over themselves to praise the boss.

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver View Post
                      I feel like Vince, in his micromanaging way, will have somehow made a plan for his own HoF induction, including a pre-recorded speech.
                      To add what Buzzard says, he micromanages the main roster shows. But that's really it. He's been very free towards the HOF, other than the rule of not mentioning him.

Comment

Hmm, it's a good point actually, I hadn't really though much about how he has previously talked on being inducted to the HoF and what we've heard about him.

It's an interesting one, really. There's no way that Vince shouldn't be inducted in there pretty much the moment he passes. But the how's/why's of it are interesting. You wonder what those Raw and Smackdown shows immediately after his passing will be like, too.

Comment

When Vince does die, I think that whichever show is first will have all matches cancelled and it will be nothing but a tribute show. Highlights, testimonials, and maybe one match.

Vince is the reason wrestling is what it is all across the globe. So he will get a proper send off that he would have hated....

EDIT:

But I don’t know. I could get hit by a bus today, and if I do, I want one second before I kick to say thank you to everybody
                          This is a quote from Vince from his interview on the Pat McAfee show. So I think this sums up his feelings on the Hall of Fame speech type of thing.
                          Last edited by Powder; 03-22-2022, 01:57 PM.

Comment

So does Triple H go in next year or will they wait until 40?

Comment

With WrestleMania being held in LA next year I'd say it'll be headlined by The Rock, regardless of if he's wrestling Reigns or not. So 40 makes sense, perhaps with Batista actually going in as well to open the HoF show and HHH closing it.

Comment

Working...
                              X