Royal Rumble 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Royal Rumble 2022

If we've got anyone out there who wants to discuss the upcoming Royal Rumble, this thread is the place to do it.

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

I love how the Royal Rumble has turned into such a major show. It was always big 4 (or 5), but they've elevated it to being a "stadium" show on a regular basis. It's been an event to bring in the special attractions, such as Goldberg returns, Brock matches, and solid title matches for the top champions. I understand how WrestleMania is bigger, but I think the consistency of the Rumble makes it one of the best shows of the year on a regular basis.

On top of that, but the change to Day 1 really makes the Road to Mania even more unpredictable. So this Rumble just feels even more special.

Comment

I totally agree, but what do you think is going to happen?

As I said in the Brock thread, I would still go on with the Heyman interference costing Lesnar the title to Lashley, which then frees Lesnar up to go and face Roman at WM as per the original plan..

However, I do not like that. The first match between Lashley and Lesnar should have been at Wrestlemania.

Aside from that: Who do you think with all the releases recently, are going to be the surprise entrants/returns? The WWE doe snot a a huge roster anymore and they will need to fill lots of spots for both the men and the women.

With AEW, Impact, and ROH signing basically most of who the WWE released, who is possibly coming back or at lease making a one time appearance?
      Last edited by Powder; 01-05-2022, 11:03 AM.

Comment

I still fully expect Reigns/Lesnar at Mania, and I thought the loser of the Day 1 match would win the Rumble to get there. I agree that all the changes recently have made things more unpredictable and exciting, especially as the WWE Title picture is so unclear. Also, who on earth is going to challenge Reigns at the Rumble, and whatever show is after as it seems McIntyre's going to be gone for a bit to heal a neck injury.

As for Rumble entrants? Well there's only about 12 women on the roster so they'll have to bring anyone and everyone they can in for it. Asuka's been gone for a long time so I can see her returning and going close but ultimately not winning, and even if Bayley isn't ready to fully go a little cameo from her is possible. Along with Bayley, Sasha Banks is the biggest female star yet to win a Rumble and with her never having won at a WrestleMania I think it'd make for a nice story if she emerged victorious.

Reigns and Lesnar could feasibly still enter and win the men's but if they don't I really couldn't pick a winner. I think we'll see one or two of the NXT stars they're high on like Breakker, Grayson Waller or Von Wagner as well. And after seeing WALTER return last night it wouldn't surprise me to see him in there too, I'd love to see him chop the ever loving piss out of Johnny Knoxville.

Comment

Originally posted by Powder View Post
          I totally agree, but what do you think is going to happen?
          I don't know. I'll find out as I watch.

Comment

Originally posted by PEN15v2 View Post
            I don't know. I'll find out as I watch.
            Bingo. One title change made everything infinitely more possible and interesting.
            https://youtu.be/wue-ZFnEta8
            My latest (and hopefully last) Covid-Era show

Comment

I always manage to get excited for the Rumble, and this is no different. I'm completely out of the loop with Raw, not so bad on Smackdown as I've found it much more interesting recently whereas Raw has drifted into a black hole for me and I just cannot be bothered to do anything in terms of watching it.

I DID, however, watch the full fourway from Monday and I thought that was excellent. There's something to be said for people in matches just pulling out signatures from the go when they're in a multi-man situation with something serious on the line. And I also thought the Owens/Rollins interactions were great, as was Lashley and Big E realising they needed to work together against the pair of them.

Lashley/Lesnar should be fun at the Rumble, and I'm looking forward to it. I think this is the right place to do the match, and the right time for it. I kind of want to see Lashley take the title back and then Big E be on the other side of the ring from him at Mania, but right now there are so many variables. They could even head to a bit of a title unification at Mania with Lesnar and Reigns, I guess, although then you have a question mark over how they handle the Rumble winner.

Either way, I think they're doing pretty well at building a fair few people up into genuine contenders for the Rumble, and for a big Mania match.

Comment

Anyone else worried about some type of non-finish in the WWE title match? I know the Rumble is a big deal, but Lashley/Lesnar is arguably the biggest "dream match" they have on the active roster and I'm a bit surprised to see their first time meeting on anything other than a Mania card.

Comment

I'm still not seeing the "dream match", outside of the online community. Wrestlemania is for the biggest drawing matches, and as valuable as Lashley has been for the Raw main event roster, he's not a draw to warrant a Mania match vs Brock. It's much more of a Rumble match, to me. Not when Brock vs Big E, Vs Roman, vs Drew, vs Edge, vs Bron Breakker are all possibilities to be on Mania instead.

At for the non finish, no I don't worry. I don't dislike non finishes. The entire stadium can boo because they got counted out after barreling through a tron, and I won't give a shit. A good match is a good match, and the ending is part of the story.

Comment

I totally see the ending of Brock vs Lashley as where Heyman turns on Brock costing him the title, which I think we all believe was the plan for Day 1. This will mean 2 things.

1. Lesner vs Roman at Wrestlemania is happening, and 2. Someone from RAW is winning the Rumble to face Lashley.

I believe that the Rumble winner has to come from RAW, because why would the WWE need to have Lesnar win the Rumble? What would make more sense, would be for Roman and Heyman to "force" Lesnar to have to win the Elimination Chamber in order to get to him.

Now, who will win the Rumble, my money is on Big E.

Comment

I do not believe that was the plan for Day 1

I also doubt Brock would be in a Chamber match. That's just a gut feeling I have. With his limited appearances, I don't think a Chamber match fits what they've asked him to do over the last decade since he returned.

EDIT
                      Impact Champion Mickie James, champion Charlotte wanting to win to choose her opponent, and Seth Rollins vs Roman Reigns. Some very interesting additions to Rumble 2022.
                      Last edited by PEN15v2; 01-07-2022, 11:09 PM.

Comment

What I meant was that Heyman turning on Brock was the plan for Day 1. Sorry for the confusion.

Also, yeah, I think it is weird that the WWE would bring in another company's wrestler, let alone champion to be on one of their shows.

And Rollins vs Reigns is a nice twist, and a very good time filler.
                        Last edited by Powder; 01-08-2022, 08:41 AM.

Comment

I still don't believe that was the plan either.

Comment

Yeah, if that was the direction at all Day 1 was way too early. You've blown your load on the biggest question in the feud four months before the blowoff.

If anything, either Paul wouldn't have been there at all like he wasn't anyway, he would have been there maybe on commentary or watching from the stage, or he would have been at ringside in the corner of neither man and maybe played in to the finish in such a way where you still weren't quite sure who's side he was on. Maybe costing Roman in a serendipitous way where it still isn't clear he's against Roman and with Brock, but in a way where he gets to grovel to Roman that he was right to protect him from Brock Lesnar.

But, we'll never know now.
                            https://youtu.be/wue-ZFnEta8
                            My latest (and hopefully last) Covid-Era show

Comment

Originally posted by Powder View Post

Also, yeah, I think it is weird that the WWE would bring in another company's wrestler, let alone champion to be on one of their shows.
                              During the Monday Night War WWE allowed some ECW wrestlers to be on their shows. He even let Tazz go back to ECW to win their title and wore the belt on Raw.

ECW wasn't a threat to WWE. Impact Wrestling is no longer a threat to WWE.

Comment

Working...
                              X