No announcement yet.

'The Man' - Becky Lynch Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think Bianca being called up recently will have a huge effect on the Raw women's championship changing hands. The main roster's womens brands aren't fairing all that well in terms of depth, so someone new and credible being called up will likely have a chance to run at the top of the hill.

Though I think Shayna will still get the title from Becky

Comment

• Sounds like Seth is going to be a daddy.

This is obviously inconvenient timing for WWE, but her eventual/possible return will likely be a good story down the line.

Comment

• Good for them!
        https://youtu.be/wue-ZFnEta8
        My latest (and hopefully last) Covid-Era show

Comment

• Originally posted by PEN15v2 View Post
          Sounds like Seth is going to be a daddy.

This is obviously inconvenient timing for WWE, but her eventual/possible return will likely be a good story down the line.
          Funnily enough, I was just wondering yesterday why we hadn't seen much of Becky recently. Don't think she's been in the ring since Mania.

I see they're making a point of her being on Raw to go face to face with the MitB winner tonight - I wonder if a title loss awaits.

Comment

• While there's obviously a personal dimension that might be more important, the wrestling side of it means taking a major chunk of the starpower out of the women's division.

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

Comment

• Without a doubt, and I am not saying this with any certainty, but this could, key word, could take Becky out of wrestling for years or permanently. I cannot see Becky, let alone any mother wanting to leave their 6-month to a year old baby for months at a time while being on the road wrestling. Also, I know it could happen, of taking the baby on the road, but I just can't see it. I'm sure that Beck and Seth will get married, then potentially baby #2. Becky could come back for a one off match every now and then, but this could be the end of Becky Lynch as a full time wrestler.

Comment

• Originally posted by Powder View Post
                Without a doubt, and I am not saying this with any certainty, but this could, key word, could take Becky out of wrestling for years or permanently. I cannot see Becky, let alone any mother wanting to leave their 6-month to a year old baby for months at a time while being on the road wrestling. Also, I know it could happen, of taking the baby on the road, but I just can't see it. I'm sure that Beck and Seth will get married, then potentially baby #2. Becky could come back for a one off match every now and then, but this could be the end of Becky Lynch as a full time wrestler.
                I believe they are already engaged so marriage will happen sooner or later.

Comment

• I know they are engaged, my point was about new mothers, and then possibly baby #2 etc.

My main point was that this may be the last we ever get of Becky Lynch as a full time performer in any capacity. In a few years, I can see her coming back for a 1 off, like Beth Phoenix does, but with at least one young child, and potentially more, I cannot see Becky leaving to go on the road.

Comment

• Why not? Mickie James did it. I’m sure there are others, but she’s the first that comes to mind.

Comment

• Wasn't Mickie working for TNA when she had kids? And I honestly do not know, but did TNA tour with 300+ dates a year when she had her child(ren)? So if the WWE would allow Becky to work most to all RAWS only and most to all PPVs, then I can potentially see it. But I cannot see a new mother working the 300+ dates a year.

There is also the fact that her [future] husband is a full time wrestler, so potentially neither parent would be home with the kids.

Comment

• I’m not sure if TNA was touring all the time or not when she first had a kid. But when she returned to WWE, her kid was less than 3 years old. And I’m going to assume she was on the house show circuit then as well as doing television.

Comment

• Originally posted by Powder View Post
                          There is also the fact that her [future] husband is a full time wrestler, so potentially neither parent would be home with the kids.
                          Same as Mickie, who is married to Nick Aldis. The situation isn't that different in that respect.

I think it could go either way, honestly. But if you're interested according to Cagematch Mickie was back within two months of giving birth, worked 38 dates the following year, 32 the year after that, and was back on a WWE schedule in 2017 so she did 80+ matches (when I guess her son was 2-3). So it clearly can be done, if people want to do it badly enough. 30-40 matches would mean you could be on RAW about once a month in addition to PPV. There's always pretapes and things, too.

Like I say, I could see it going either way.

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

Comment

• Either way, it'll be up to them in about a year or so. I'm sure she'll be back, but I think the natural doubt is whether or not she'll work the standard WWE schedule. I think she's earned herself a Brock Lesnar or Shawn Michaels 2002-2010 type contract, and that would be great for the women's division to have her around for a part time schedule.

Comment

• Has she earned that kind of schedule yet? I mean, I know she’s been pretty much the focal point of the division (with the exception of Charlotte) for the past 18 months or so, But I don’t know if that warrants her getting the Brock or HBK treatment just yet.

Comment

• So my best guess will be that Seth will most likely remain as a full time wrestler with the WWE and continue with the complete touring schedule. But he may bet some random time off like Orton, and definitely get his honeymoon and child birth time.

Then after Becky gives birth, she may work a few dates on RAW, and then the big 3 PPVs, Wrestlemania, the Rumble and SummerSlam, but no where near a full schedule, nor a regular schedule.

Comment

Working...
                                X