X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK then, improve Randy Orton.

No, you can't. Because he's perfect.

Comment

• Except that he is and always will be monotone with a bad beard.

Comment

• Watching NXT last night, it struck me (again) how good Pat McAfee is at talking. I know he's commentating on Smackdown right now, and the bits of him I hear in clips are good, but his talking head bit last night for the Balor/Kross II was absolutely excellent.

I think he'd be a fantastic manager. Him as the talker for Dunne/Oney/Burch off the back of WarGames would have been excellent.

On a note - Heyman referenced that Reigns would be 'watching [Balor/Kross II] closely'. A hint at maybe what's to come for Reigns' next feud? Or just a statement from Heyman that adds a bit more weight to the bout?

Comment

• Originally posted by PEN15v2 View Post
          My point isn't that her gimmick is perfect and can't be improved. It's more that like so many online complaints, it's a personal opinion problem more than an actual problem. I think every gimmick can be tweaked and improved, but it doesn't make what we actually get a problem.
          But the thing is, my stance isn't "I don't personally like this", it's that based on the history of pro wrestling, I don't believe that someone with that demeanor will ever get over as a major star to any group outside of hardcore fans that care that their favorite wrestler they follow on Twitter is living their dream.
          https://youtu.be/wue-ZFnEta8
          My latest (and hopefully last) Covid-Era show

Comment

• Originally posted by Powder View Post
            I asked last night: Why did the WWE choose to have Rhea turn instead of Bianca Belair? Beliar's EST gimmick is a natural heel type of gimmick along the lines of Kurt Angle's Three I's and when Bret was a heel, with the Best there is....
            I am a bit late here, but is it fair to say that Rhea is more of an anti-hero, rather than heel?

Comment

• Originally posted by LifeLostInRewind View Post
              I am a bit late here, but is it fair to say that Rhea is more of an anti-hero, rather than heel?
              I honestly do not know? She is acting as a heel with Asuka, yet feuding with a true heel in Charlotte and sort of playing the face. This is the ultimate 'tweener booking' without being an anti-hero at all. To me it is confusing and poor booking. The WWE should choose what they want to do with her, either face or heel and run with it. At this point I do not care which, but make a choice.

The WWE when they try to make someone into something does not work. Look at Roman. They tried for years to make him into the next Cena and it failed, yet when they allowed him to run with his own ideas, he is now the best thing in the WWE.

Same with Apollo. And the New Day, and even the Street Profits.

Comment

• Are you saying Crews is doing his own ideas right now? Because it feels like pure WWE creative to have him with a bodyguard, speaking with the accent, medal of honor...etc.

As for the Roman comparison, he's not being himself. His character is with Heyman's direction. Heyman is WWE creative in this role. I'm not saying talent should never have creative input, but I think it's also unfair to say all WWE Creative input fails, because they wouldn't be where they are if that was at all true. Like any business, some ideas work, some don't.

For Rhea, she's new. I doubt she knows her character yet, heel or face. So what Raw is doing with her is letting her be both heel or face at the same time, especially while Charlotte is obviously the top heel. It's lazy, no doubt,. But it's also smart so that they don't make a bad choice with her. They are letting be face and heel, and then after this feud, she'll end up with a single affiliation. My guess is she will be anti-hero because Rhea vs Charlotte as heel vs heel is doomed to fail.

Originally posted by Team Farrell View Post

But the thing is, my stance isn't "I don't personally like this", it's that based on the history of pro wrestling, I don't believe that someone with that demeanor will ever get over as a major star to any group outside of hardcore fans that care that their favorite wrestler they follow on Twitter is living their dream.
                It's possible. But like so many characters, they evolve. Cena started out as a rookie just happy to be given a shot, but evolved to megastar. Bianca obviously isn't on the same level as Prototype Shorts Rookie Cena as she's already Women's Champion, but it also is a sign that this is just a phase until the next element of her character will get used.

Comment

• For some reason I cannot see what Pen posted.

Comment

• I went to edit it, and it wasn't approved.

Are you saying Crews is doing his own ideas right now? Because it feels like pure WWE creative to have him with a bodyguard, speaking with the accent, medal of honor...etc.

As for the Roman comparison, he's not being himself. His character is with Heyman's direction. Heyman is WWE creative in this role. I'm not saying talent should never have creative input, but I think it's also unfair to say all WWE Creative input fails, because they wouldn't be where they are if that was at all true. Like any business, some ideas work, some don't.

For Rhea, she's new. I doubt she knows her character yet, heel or face. So what Raw is doing with her is letting her be both heel or face at the same time, especially while Charlotte is obviously the top heel. It's lazy, no doubt,. But it's also smart so that they don't make a bad choice with her. They are letting be face and heel, and then after this feud, she'll end up with a single affiliation. My guess is she will be anti-hero because Rhea vs Charlotte as heel vs heel is doomed to fail.

Originally posted by Team Farrell View Post

It's possible. But like so many characters, they evolve. Cena started out as a rookie just happy to be given a shot, but evolved to megastar. Bianca obviously isn't on the same level as Prototype Shorts Rookie Cena as she's already Women's Champion, but it also is a sign that this is just a phase until the next element of her character will get used.

Comment

• I would say that, in both Crews' and Reigns' case, it's that they're getting a bit of a chance to show something different through the creative direction WWE have put them in. I mean, as far as I can tell Apollo has had more time on the microphone in the past couple of months than in his previous four years on the main roster combined.

I'm not sure it's so much 'their own ideas' as much as it is just having something to do that's new/interesting.

Comment

• Aleistar Black looks great. He leaned out while he was gone. That finish is one of the best kicks I've ever seen thrown in wrestling.

Comment

• Really glad he's back. You're right Coach, he looks incredible. Has definitely gotten leaner, and that one Black Mass was crisp as heck.

Interested to see where they go from here. The talk was that Big E was the next to get a big push on Smackdown not so long ago, so pivoting into a feud with Black could be the next stepping stone on that. Or they could spin off an Apollo/Black feud for the IC title given that he essentially won the match for him, and Big E could make a leap up the card in a different feud.

Comment

• Someone please explain the kayfabe logic of why Roman wouldn't want the tag titles in the family.

Comment

• He doesn't want to share the spotlight and worries he'll lose his control over Jey.

Comment

• Yeah, didn't Jimmy say last week that if they won the tag titles they'd all be "Tribal Chiefs"?

Comment

Working...
                                X