This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Oliver View Post
    If you're WWE and want to run Edge vs Reigns vs Bryan at Mania, do you 'give away' Edge vs Bryan on TV for the shot, with them then hitting the trope of Reigns attacking them both to force a double DQ or similar? Or do you just insert him in the match, even though he just lost a competitive match to Reigns at Fastlane?
    Yes, Bryan lost, but Roman did tap out. My guess is that Bryan opens SD up tonight cutting a promo about how he really won the match, with video of Roman tapping, only to have Edge knock him out with a chair.

Roman comes out, then Edge comes out, an argument ensues, and finally we get Adam Pearce coming out and just adding Bryan to the match, agreeing with what the Cook said.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Cook View Post
      I think he'll just be inserted into it. Edge has stated he really wants to work a big feud with Bryan, which I'd imagine comes after 'Mania. Whether it's for the Universal Title who knows but I'd say it shouldn't be as Reigns still has a few challengers that'd make sense.
      I guess they could, in theory, have Bryan take the fall in the triple threat then spin a feud between he and Edge around him not even really 'earning' his chance to be there and costing Edge the title. Means a heel(ier) Edge, but perhaps the chair attacks have hinted at that too.

Comment

• I hope Charlotte is back tonight. As much as I like when NXT call ups take place after Raw, I don't see anyone as interesting to be added into the mix than Charlotte right now while Rhea is champ. This isn't a slight on Io or Toni, but Rhea vs either of them just doesn't interest me as much.

I expect to see some fresh faces, but judging by who seems to be left in the wind after Takeover, it's hard to figure out who. Could Finn be moving back? Bronson Reed, Dexter Lumis, Ciampa, Jordan Devlin, Grizzled Young Vets, Adam Cole, Breezango? With the women, Io and Toni Storm. All lost in a way where they could be moved away from the brand and don't have ties to the NXT roster (Candice and Indy being in the Way means they won't be moving, Wilde and Mendoza are still with Escobar...etc.).

Of that bunch, Finn makes the most sense. Lumis is more built for the main roster than NXT. Both women seem obvious.

Cole and Ciampa might be NXT 4 Life. I know Tommaso has said as much, while Cole has a contract ending soon and could be a hot property for AEW negotiations. Maybe WWE could play a push on the main roster promise as a chip in the game? I personally hope not and would let him go to the land of overrated spot workers and be All Elite, but he's got a lot of backing from some influential people, so who knows?

Reed still needs work in my opinion. No one knows what is holding Keith Lee back on the main roster, but I don't see Reed being any better in any category.

Devlin (and Balor), possibly NXT UK bound.

Main roster could use real tag teams, so GYV and Breezango could work anywhere they go. The problem remains that WWE main roster is not very good at utilizing their tag division.

Comment

• Probably both Charlotte and Becky back this week. Possibly Charlotte comes back, Becky interrupts her and we're off to the races with a program there. Or Becky gets in Rhea's face because she never lost the title.

I'm not really sure who else I see getting the call-up. Lumis makes sense. Eli Drake fits better on the main roster in theory, but I don't want to see it because I have a feeling that as soon as he's pulled up he's not allowed to cut promos anymore -- his strongest point -- and is made to work 20 minutes matches every week.

Remember when they called up EC3 and didn't let him talk for months?

I think Io almost has to come up at this point, and I guess Smackdown could use an injection of some new top women. Toni, though, I'd keep in NXT for a minute. Not that she needs it, but with Io and Rhea and Chelsea Green now about ready to come back, I'd hate to see Toni's callup forgotten.
          https://youtu.be/wue-ZFnEta8
          My latest (and hopefully last) Covid-Era show

Comment

• Rousey is rumored to come back soon too.

I also put in the Lashley thread, that I think that Keith Lee joins THB tonight.

Comment

• One day I'll work out who the hell decided THAT was the approach to take with EC3. And I will find them and sit then down and ask them why.

I mean, the guy looked like he was carved from marble, was/is dynamite on the mike, and can work a competent match heavy on storytelling. How did WWE have him (twice!) and let him slip through their fingers?

Comment

• Are they splitting Bray and Alexa? Because if this supernatural spooky garbage spills over into more angles and segments, I'm out.

Comment

• Appears to be that way, and my best guess is that there will be some other sort of Supernatural Character to rival the Fiend.....SMH

Based on the ending of RAW, it looks like we might get a new version of the Hurt Business with T-Bar and Mace joining Lashley and MVP. Hopefully next week both come out, in suits and without their masks and face paint. This could do wonders for them. I was hoping for Keith Lee to join, but so be it, but he still could.

And there were no NXT call ups. Surprising. We did get Charlotte and the Viking Raiders back though.
                  Last edited by Powder; 04-13-2021, 07:31 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Team Farrell View Post
                    Are they splitting Bray and Alexa? Because if this supernatural spooky garbage spills over into more angles and segments, I'm out.
                    Her Dark Sister outfit at the PPV had lot of similarities to the entrance clothes Alister Black uses most of the time and the stars were used for him also. He was also raised by occultist so it fits. Its a long shot but I'm hoping its him if anyone.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Someone needs to explain to me, how Mandy and Dana first attacking Nia, then having a match against the Tag Champs, and then leaving b/c it's not worth it makes sense.

You tag team wants to win the tag titles, and you have the upper hand in the match, and you are the faces, and then you leave?

Comment

• It doesn't. It was really dumb.

Comment

• Originally posted by CoLD View Post

Her Dark Sister outfit at the PPV had lot of similarities to the entrance clothes Alister Black uses most of the time and the stars were used for him also. He was also raised by occultist so it fits. Its a long shot but I'm hoping its him if anyone.
                          Would that make Black a weird supernatural guy, too? Because, I mean, at least it gets him on TV but this dumb stuff makes me hate WWE.

Comment

• I'd kind of love Alexa to be a sort of puppet master over Black. Black doesn't need it, but just as a manipulative kind of force directing him to do her bidding. Shit, if it gets Black on TV I'd be happy with pretty much anything at this stage.

Comment

• Originally posted by CoLD View Post

You might have been on to something here...from the main page:

WWE is reportedly preparing for the return of Aleister Black.

The company began filming vignettes for Black’s return this week, according to PWInsider. There is no word on when the vignettes will begin airing, but it should be soon.

The vignettes are said to be loosely based on Black’s childhood, which indicates he may be in for a bit of a slight gimmick change.
                              Last edited by Powder; 04-15-2021, 05:26 PM.

Comment

• Shelton Benjamin has been dumped by the Hurt Business twice in the last month+.

Comment

Working...
                                X