X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Again TLC 1 and 2 beg to differ

Comment

• I mean, let's not get it confused, those aren't exactly "good matches". Really entertaining stunt shows? Sure. Legendary matches? Completely. But good professional wrestling matches? Not really. There's a reason JR dubbed them "human demolition derby".

But even those two matches, take any combination of the three teams and put them in a TLC match and it's a less contrived, more focused match.
      https://youtu.be/wue-ZFnEta8
      My latest (and hopefully last) Covid-Era show

Comment

• Originally posted by Powder View Post
        Also, in regards to Lee, I am hoping that the WWE asked him to drop some weight and get back into NXT shape, which was around 30lbs lighter. lee went from the matches with Dijak at around 310-315lbs, to around 345-350, and it was flab, not muscle. Since this is WM season, and Lee already missed the Rumble, EC, and looking like Fastlane, just hold him off Mania, and have him re-debut on RAW after Mania, lighter, more agile, and fresh.
        Think we've been through this loop before Powder, but Lee was billed at 340lbs at Great American Bash vs Cole, and through a lot of his time in NXT. He definitely started off lighter - quick Googling suggests he was billed at 325 at Worlds Collide in 2019, for example - but from what I can find he was consistently billed at 340 through 2020, notably against Dijakovic.

Now, he might not have actually been 325 or 340 in that run - I'm always dubious about WWE billed weights. And for sure he looked a little bit more cumbersome after being called up. But I'm not convinced that there was a dramatic increase in weight that led to that.

Comment

• I do not care about billed weights either really, but I use the eye test. Look for yourself. The left picture is Lee at the 2020 Rumble, and the right is less than a year later on RAW. There is definitely a noticeable difference in size of the man, where he looks bigger and flabbier on the right.

Keith Lee on the left, looks intimidating and would destroy you, the Lee on the right, looks like a typical 1980s big man used for fodder to be fed to the stars.

Keith Lee.PNG
          Last edited by Powder; 03-05-2021, 09:48 AM.

Comment

• I'm not convinced it's enough of a weight gain to be an issue, nor are those 2 photos all that convincing. The first photo he looks fresh and just entered the ring. Usually in those moments, you're flexing and looking imposing. The second photo is post match. He's sweaty, has been working, is no longer looking imposing. Also the camera angles are a huge factor.

That being said, if he could look like the photo on the left at all times, it would be for the best.

Comment

• Dude, those two guys look almost exactly the same. Take this from someone who's like half as in to bodybuilding as I am in to wrestling and critiques men's physiques regularly. The only difference is that his butcher singlet is very form fitting an coming out underneath even more form fitting trunks and it's accentuating his stomach as opposed to hiding it. He'd look fine with either a straight singlet or no butcher. Bronson Reed looks like a big monster dude but would have some serious FUPA if you added sight trunks overtop of that singlet, too.

He ight have put on a little weight, but I highly doubt it's as much as you'd think.

Also, take it from a guy with personal experience, I beard is a great way to add definition to a shockingly chubby looking face for a lean guy 😬
              Last edited by Team Farrell; 03-05-2021, 11:32 AM.
              https://youtu.be/wue-ZFnEta8
              My latest (and hopefully last) Covid-Era show

Comment

• Dude can safely perform a Spanish Fly. I really don't see how weight is a factor with him.

Comment

• For the past 2 weeks we have been getting promos for Rhea Ripley making her true main roster debut. Last week we also heard from Charlotte stating that she wants to go to WM and challenge for the RWC. So what about Charlotte and Asuka having that confrontation tonight, and then Ripley makes her debut and says to Charlotte that if she wants the title match, challenge Auska at Fastlane because I want the winner at WM. That way we can have Charlotte both.....

I know it s a little hot potato with the title, but Ripley vs Charlotte II is that match I think everyone expected this year, and what I think should happen.

Comment

• I expect it to be a Triple Threat with Asuka, Charlotte & Rhea Ripley

Comment

• That will work, but i was hoping for Chrlotte vs Ripley II solo.

Comment

• The singles match will probably be better, but perhaps it'd be wiser to hold off on it until next year's Mania and you can have Ripley win the Rumble and challenge a Charlotte who's been champion for 6+ months.

Comment

• The only reason I don't like your idea Cook is that it holds the title "hostage" for almost the year, and makes it difficult to elevate new talent. I also don't think the extra time helps all that much, and pulling it all off this year would be better.

IF they do it right. Big IF.

Comment

• Man, a year ago if you'd told me we'd get a Shayna vs Asuka match in 12 months I'd have said 'yep, that will be a great Mania bout too'. A shame to have it super short and essentially as a character (re)establishment match for Asuka and nothing more, but they at least kept it good and didn't give it a completely dominant Asuka win with the finish, I guess.

Comment

• I don't believe it was "nothing more." I don't think the Asuka vs Shayna story is over. I'm not quite sure what the goal is for Mania, but I could see Shayna being the #1 contender to the title by Mania. Without Charlotte (or Rhea) on Raw last night, it's hard to tell where they are going. But Shayna basically inserted herself into a feud with Asuka. I don't think this was a 1 night thing, and they didn't book a match for Fast Lane. Logic dictates that it's possibly for Mania.

Comment

• See this is all convoluted.

Shayna and Nia are defending against Sasha and Bianca at Fastlane. To continue with Asuka vs Shayna, I would have had Asuka distract Shayna to cause her to lose the Tag Titles. But the monkey wrench is then that Sasha and Bianca then become Tag Champs, and they have the SDWC match at Mania, and they would then have to drop the titles before Mania, which is too much hot potato to the WTTT.

So my guess is that Shayna and Nia win, with Sasha turning on Bianca. Then on RAW, Shanya and Nia defend against *gasp* Dana and Mandy, where Asuka distracts Shayna to cause them to drop the titles. That, to me, is the best option, on what to do with the tag titles, to free up Shayna for Asuka. You could even add Nia to the RWC match to make it a triple threat.

And in all of this, we would still get Charlotte vs Ripley, which I believe is what we all want.
                                Last edited by Powder; 03-16-2021, 09:43 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X