Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My guess, and other probably agree, is that Charlotte will win the title from ASUKA and Ripley then makes her debut (finally) to challenge Charlotte.

now when ? Who knows.

Comment

• Very good story driven show. While Edge hasn't made his choice, his interactions with everyone on the roster, and the tension with Roman has been tremendous. Even though we know no one who conversed with Edge will be Universal Champion, those interactions were teases for feuds after Mania.

I'm very curious about the Crews heel turn, lots of possibilities there, though I don't want it to derail Big E's momentum.

I'm loving the evolution of Cesaro, and the possibility of a feud with Rollins.

The tag division actually highlighted multiple teams! With the champs at commentary, 2 contender teams in the ring, and constant mentioning of the Street Profits, WWE is actually putting some work in for the tag division. It likely won't build from this, unfortunately, but I enjoyed this even if it's a sole bright spot.

Someone needs to teach the women to act like adults. Face or heel, they act like high school brats. It's so over the top and dumb. They don't act like wrestlers, they are play acting like wrestlers, and it just doesn't work. I's why Kenny Omega's act on Impact doesn't connect with me. It's the same reason The Miz can't evolve. They all have moments of great mic work, like Miz, but they revert back to these parodies for 80% of their character work. In the end, we have to believe in these people being credible physical threats. And none of them act like they want to fight someone. Even Shayna has lost the edge. She can get it back, so I'm not worried, but until then she's stuck with Sasha mocking and laughing like a heel despite supposed to be a face when on Smackdown...

Despite the women, 7.5 out of 10
      Last edited by PEN15v2; 02-19-2021, 11:35 PM.

Comment

• I know I'm LOP's biggest Bayley mark, but I really like the Ding Dong, Hello segment if only for her. I'd even go so far as suggesting that Bayley is the most improved woman on the roster in the last ~12 months. I don't know if it's just because there's been no audience and she's had the chance to really develop the character without the impact of a live crowd opinion or something else, but she's really sunk into the character she's supposed to be and it feels really natural.

I agree on Sasha, Pen, and I just don't think 'The Boss' works as a face gimmick. I'm also not complete sure the being the greatest/fastest/besest/highest/strongest is either, for that matter. In both cases it's something to lord over a 'lesser' opponent. Sasha wandering out and going 'everything here revolves around me' makes me want to see someone knock her off her pedestal, and not cheer her on against a nefarious opponent.

Comment

• Sasha is incredibly small. They should be using that to het advantage as a babyface.

As a heel, she's underhanded and cheats to get an advantage, which works. So she could easily be a physical underdog. I'm not sure how much of a change to her gimmick it would take either. She can still be "The Boss" and talk a big game because she always backs it up, but Shayna, Nia and even Bayley are all physically larger than her. She should be a complete underdog.

She should also take some lessons from Hulk Hogan *gasp*. She doesn't need to start talking about taking vitamins and saying prayers, but shift her speech to doing what she's doing for the fans. As a babyface it should be all about the fans. Even Steve Austin would ask the fans for a "hell yeah" if they wanted him to kick the heel's ass. She just needs to tone down the smarmy, mean girl attitude. If, rather than talking about how the women's division "revolves around her", she'd said something like "Everyone watching at home knows that I'm The Boss, and at WrestleMania, Bianca Belair is going to give me and every one in the WWE Universe what we all want by challenging me for the WWE Women's Title", it feels more babyface.

Babyfaces do it for the fans and involve the fans. Heels do it for themselves.

I do wonder though if they're maybe hinting at a heel turn vs Bianca? I would hope not. I actually think that a heel turn and reignited fire from Asuka vs Bianca might be better a better angle.

EDIT:

I'd give just about anything for WWE to take a page out of NWA's book and go smaller. They have fans in attendance at the PC. I would so much prefer a studio style show with a small number of fans making actual noise and actually reacting to what these people are saying to what we have now.

I know it's wishful thinking. WWE doesn't do anything small. Even NXT has its own Thunderdome. But man what I wouldn't give to see them go small and have some real, live people to cheer and boo.
          Last edited by Team Farrell; 02-21-2021, 01:22 AM.
          https://youtu.be/wue-ZFnEta8
          My latest (and hopefully last) Covid-Era show

Comment

• I thought the same thing about her tending, if not going full, heel against Bianca to get Bianca over. But then, like I said, I'm not sure the way Bianca is coming out and cutting promos actually plays into a face gimmick either.

Has Bianca even teased going after anything other than Sasha's title at Mania? I think she had maybe the briefest encounter with Asuka the other week, but it does feel like she's done way more work with Sasha since her Rumble win.

Also, are we just accepting that Reginald is involved in intergender matches now with no build or fuss about it? Like, I'm not bothered, I just thought it was interesting that they spent ages saying 'no intergender stuff ever ever ever again' then ran Becky vs Elsworth the other year with a lot of fanfare, and now it's just 'Reginald's in this tag match with five women, it's cool'.

Comment

• *fart noise*

Comment

• Brilliant, just brilliant. I am actually happy with the curve ball.

Comment

• Originally posted by T.O. View Post
                  *fart noise*
                  Sasha's attitude isn't that bad....

Comment

• Brilliant audible on AJ's part to realize he wasn't gonna be able to get the full rotation on his first 450 attempt and make the result look intentional.

So is Miz just there to keep Drew occupied until he faces Lashley at 'Mania?

Comment

• Yeah I thought that was very intelligent by Styles.

And I'd have thought so, McIntyre will take it back at Fastlane and face Lashley at 'Mania. Although Sheamus is still lurking around, he pinned McIntyre on Raw and arguably had him beat as he Brogue Kicked him before Styles leapt in and took him out. So maybe a Triple Threat at 'Mania, or McIntyre will defend both nights.

The only thing is that Miz going from WWE champion to a tag match against a celebrity, Bad Bunny, seems a little off so maybe that match has been changed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buzzard Guts View Post
                        Brilliant audible on AJ's part to realize he wasn't gonna be able to get the full rotation on his first 450 attempt and make the result look intentional.

So is Miz just there to keep Drew occupied until he faces Lashley at 'Mania?
                        Close, but not exactly. Last night during the PPV, I was texting with Pen and as soon as you saw that MVP was talking with Miz I predicted what would happen.

BUT in accordance with the rest of the prediction:
                        • MVP tells Miz that Lashley will attack Drew after the EC, then you go and cash in.
                        • The Payment for the assist is that Lashley gets a title shot at Fastlane (and wins)
                        • Drew vs Sheamus at Fastlane 1 v 1 for the #1 contender spot and the match for the WWE title at WM. (Drew wins)
                        • Lashley vs Drew at WM

Comment

• I won't lie; Powder predicted quite a few things correctly from last night.

One thing I didn't think of until this morning is now that Miz is WWE Champ, what happens with Damian Priest (along with Bad Bunny)? I hope they don't rush Priest into a main event role. Depending on who comes out of this angle between Lashley and Drew as WWE Champ, Priest could be a contender by SummerSlam which would be reasonable time.

Comment

• I believe that the tag match between Bad Bunny and Priest vs Miz and Morrison is 'set in stone' for WM.

So to continue that feud, at Fastlane in the title match, Bunny costs Miz the title, even though Lashley does not need the help.

Comment

• It all feels a bit short-term and weird if the plan is just that Drew takes it back at Fastlane. Four weeks of TV with The Miz to take the title back and spend 3 weeks on a focussed build to Mania.

I hate that Fastlane exists. It's such a stupidly timed show, and there's no sensible way to actually schedule a show between Mania and Fastlane and give it an actual hook unless they do something like a short run for someone who, most likely, won't be in the main event come Mania. Obviously ifs, buts, and maybes, but if Drew does take it back off The Miz in four weeks time then carry it to Mania, he'll have spent 50 days out of the 371 days between Mania 36 and Mania 37 not as champion. Would it not have been better for WWE to just have left the title on him for the whole year in that case?

I suppose that question comes down to whether a year long reign is a more powerful statement than '3-time WWE Champion' for promoting a match.

I mean, I'm happy for The Miz and for his work over the last 4-5 years he's certainly shown he can deliver. But...I don't know, it's just a crappy time to do it ahead of a crappy show, and if Drew wins it back there then goes on to face Lashley at Mania Miz's reign will end up meaning nothing in the scheme of things.

It's weird to see two EC matches have essentially the same post-match structure of a short title defence.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oliver View Post
                                It all feels a bit short-term and weird if the plan is just that Drew takes it back at Fastlane. Four weeks of TV with The Miz to take the title back and spend 3 weeks on a focussed build to Mania..
                                I feel this is pretty much sorted out by this:

Originally posted by Powder View Post

Close, but not exactly. Last night during the PPV, I was texting with Pen and as soon as you saw that MVP was talking with Miz I predicted what would happen.

BUT in accordance with the rest of the prediction:
                                • MVP tells Miz that Lashley will attack Drew after the EC, then you go and cash in.
                                • The Payment for the assist is that Lashley gets a title shot at Fastlane (and wins)
                                • Drew vs Sheamus at Fastlane 1 v 1 for the #1 contender spot and the match for the WWE title at WM. (Drew wins)
                                • Lashley vs Drew at WM
                                This way you can have McIntyre basically feud with Lashley, Miz & Sheamus for the next 4 weeks so that after Fastlane McIntyre vs. Lashley won't seem like a rushed 3-week feud.

Only issue with this is that I feel WWE want to give McIntyre a big win and moment in front of fans after he missed out on that last year and so that would mean a 4-week title reign followed up by a 3-week one just to get the title back to McIntyre.

Comment

Working...
                                X