Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Psh; I would've beaten Kofi by now and I wouldn't have needed two guys heading to AEW next year to do so!

Comment

• Stupid stupid stupid!

Comment

• Originally posted by Team Farrell View Post
        You don't think that their main roster matches are any good?
        I'm yet to see them deliver something that has really taken my breath away on the main roster in the way they repeatedly did in NXT. The only thing that comes close, off the top of my head, is their TV match against Roode and Gable.

I just don't think they've had a storyline to really get their teeth into, and as a result haven't been able to lace together something narrative in the ring like they did time and time again in NXT.

Comment

• Originally posted by T.O. View Post
          Stupid stupid stupid!
          That's the same thing I say every time I hear that Roman Reigns is still going after Bryan and Rowan. We all know Western Canadian wrestling legend Sydney Steele is the one who tried to injure Roman with the car and that uproariously funny segment with the pipes where Roman walked away like he got hit with a napkin.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oliver View Post
            I'm yet to see them deliver something that has really taken my breath away on the main roster in the way they repeatedly did in NXT. The only thing that comes close, off the top of my head, is their TV match against Roode and Gable.

I just don't think they've had a storyline to really get their teeth into, and as a result haven't been able to lace together something narrative in the ring like they did time and time again in NXT.
            They also had weeks upon weeks at the PC full time with their opponents to put those big matches together. You didn't see them tearing the house down weekly on NXT, it was when they had four months between Takeover shows to put something together that they had those matches with DIY.
            https://youtu.be/wue-ZFnEta8
            My latest (and hopefully last) Covid-Era show

Comment

Does anybody else, every so often, watch a Revival match on the main roster and then almost immediately sigh loudly and go and find the 2/3 falls match with DIY?

Or is it just me?
              I doubt you're alone, but I don't share your mentality. NXT and main roster have completely different styles, so expecting to repeat success from NXT is ridiculous. It is an indicator that someone is good, but it doesn't mean they will be used the same way. Right or wrong. Watching Smackdown and expecting an NXT type program is mistake #1. Plus, I enjoy the Revival being midcard tag wrestlers. I'm much more interested in the monster tag teams that are currently protected, like Gallows/Anderson, Viking Raiders, and AOP when they return.

As this relates to Vince possibly changing NXT, I'm not that concerned. First reason is I don't think they'll change much. The value to WWE to have NXT be so experimental and different is huge. It might not register ratings, and there will be a natural change in NXT to match expectations of USA and Vince, but I truly don't think it'll become brand #3 of the main roster. And, if it does, then Evolve will likely be the new NXT type product. And if not Evolve, then one of the other indy companies threatened by the arrival of AEW will likely change enough to be the new NXT. I think Impact, ROH, and MLW all show a lot of the positives we've seen in NXT (whether NXT ripped them off or vice versa is debatable).
              Last edited by PEN15v2; 08-28-2019, 12:07 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cult Icon View Post
                That's the same thing I say every time I hear that Roman Reigns is still going after Bryan and Rowan. We all know Western Canadian wrestling legend Sydney Steele is the one who tried to injure Roman with the car and that uproariously funny segment with the pipes where Roman walked away like he got hit with a napkin.
                Why are you so mean?

Comment

• The world is mean. I'm merely a parody of it.

Comment

• Finally a Bayley heel turn. It would make sense for Charlotte to turn face since WWE typically doesn't like heel vs heel feuds.

Comment

• It only took 3 years to make Bayley interesting.

I also see another tag title run for Bayley and Sasha now.

EDIT:

Did any one else notice that during the opening segment last night, the WWE had 3 former major TNA talent? AJ Styles, Robert Roode, and Luke (Doc) Gallows.

I also loved that AJ called Roode, Bobby, then corrected himself to Robert.
                      Last edited by Powder; 09-03-2019, 11:40 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by LifeLostInRewind View Post
                        Finally a Bayley heel turn. It would make sense for Charlotte to turn face since WWE typically doesn't like heel vs heel feuds.
                        Do you think WWE will do that, given how badly the fans rejected face Charlotte last summer?

Hopefully they have long-term plans with heel Bayley, beyond just an impact turn.

Comment

Do you think WWE will do that, given how badly the fans rejected face Charlotte last summer?

Hopefully they have long-term plans with heel Bayley, beyond just an impact turn.
                          My memory is lacking, but Ember Moon aside, there are no other faces on Smackdown (barring Asuka and Sane, and they're more used in the tag title scene) now that Bayley turned. Also, Roman Reigns has been rejected, but they kept him face. Plus this could eventually lead to a Becky and Charlotte vs Sasha and Bayley feud in the future.

Comment

• Even with his first round match against Shelton, Gable has been getting that subtle underdog push. He won that crowd over tonight and I like where this is heading. It’s no longer a subtle push.

Comment

• So Rowan just spoke on the mic for possibly the first time. I honestly cannot remember if he ever talked before. He was good, and well spoken, and cut a good post beat down promo on Reigns and DB. Makes you wonder why hasn't the WWE allowed him to talk all these years.

Comment

• The only time I remember Rowan talking was in the first Wyatt family vignette.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdDyQ1Qxtvg

Comment

Working...
                                X