X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Powder
    replied
    HO-LY SHIT!

Strowman and Black? They literally just spent a few months building Black back up, and Strowman was just in a main event feud.

What the hell happened?

I see both guys going to AEW as soon as they can.

Leave a comment:

• PEN15v2
    replied
    Whoa.... big names released indeed.

Leave a comment:

• Oliver
    replied
    Heyman turned his back on Punk though, right? Hit him with a chair to stop him winning MitB?

Leave a comment:

• meandi
    replied
    Originally posted by Powder View Post
    I want Heyman to NOT just be Roman's advisor, I want Heyman to be a leader of men. Not necessarily the leader of the "Heyman Family" like the Brain was, but to have a few guys that he advises besides Roman.

If and when Lesnar comes back, he WILL be paired with Heyman. So why not have Heyman bring back Lesnar to finally face off with Lashley and then Lesnar beats Lashley and now you have Heyman advising/managing the top champions on both brands.

Hell you could even have Becky come back also advised by Heyman, and she wins the SDWC from Belair.

And finally, maybe Heyman extends his services to Rhea Ripley and then Heyman has all 4 champions under his wing.

I know this is a little fantasy booking, but it could work big picture wise. Maybe adding the women is over extending, but Lesnar vs Lashley needs to happen, and real soon and Heyman advising both top champions is too good to pass up.
    Isn’t this pretty much how we got Punk/Lesnar at SummerSlam ‘13? Punk was a “Heyman guy”, but Paul was still “the advocate” and blahblahblah... Punk and Lesnar ended up butting heads ‘cause Heyman is slime. Or something like that. Correct me if I’m wrong.

Leave a comment:

• Prime Time
    replied
    From what I hear the main reason that kind of thing doesn't happen is that Heyman doesn't want it to. He likes the 'one guy' set-up he's enjoyed with Reigns and, for the most part, with Lesnar.

There are obviously people like CM Punk he's willing to break it for - but it sounds like at this stage of his career it's not just a case of telling Paul what to do, he has to be on board with it - and he likes the set-up they have.

Leave a comment:

• PEN15v2
    replied
    I like that idea, Buzzard.

Leave a comment:

• Buzzard Guts
    replied
    Speaking of fantasy booking, how does Cena/Goldberg for a top match at SummerSlam sound? Goldberg still has another match this year and Cena is rumored to headline the event. Regardless of match length/quality you can't deny that it should be a huge draw.

Leave a comment:

• Powder
    replied
    I want Heyman to NOT just be Roman's advisor, I want Heyman to be a leader of men. Not necessarily the leader of the "Heyman Family" like the Brain was, but to have a few guys that he advises besides Roman.

If and when Lesnar comes back, he WILL be paired with Heyman. So why not have Heyman bring back Lesnar to finally face off with Lashley and then Lesnar beats Lashley and now you have Heyman advising/managing the top champions on both brands.

Hell you could even have Becky come back also advised by Heyman, and she wins the SDWC from Belair.

And finally, maybe Heyman extends his services to Rhea Ripley and then Heyman has all 4 champions under his wing.

I know this is a little fantasy booking, but it could work big picture wise. Maybe adding the women is over extending, but Lesnar vs Lashley needs to happen, and real soon and Heyman advising both top champions is too good to pass up.
    Last edited by Powder; 05-27-2021, 02:35 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Team Farrell
    replied
    Interesting. I wonder how this will play out. He should theoretically be really, really good at combat sports play-by-play. If they let him do that, he's probably good.

Having a three man booth in that case could be a benefit. Michael Cole tends to be play-by-play and primary salesperson. But if they could get Smith doing straight PBP, Corey on colour and Bryon as their salesperson, it could be a really effective team.

Leave a comment:

• PEN15v2
    replied
    I don't see Graves being a play by play guy. Maybe I'm wrong, but have they ever moved a color guy to the play by play role?

I think we'll see Tom Phillips or the guy in NXT now who was once on Raw (I can't remember his name).

I also hope we get more color time for the female announcers. Charly was really good before she left, but Kayla is great as well, I think Sarah Schriber has lots of personality, and McKenzie in NXT seems more than just a good looking women with a mic. I'm not sure any of them would be good in the booth, but I think they are worth trying out.

EDIT
    Or Jimmy Smith! I like this idea.
    Last edited by PEN15v2; 05-26-2021, 03:47 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Powder
    replied
    The only way for Graves to be a lead announcer is for him to drop the "heel color guy" gimmick. Can he? I hope so.

Last edited by Powder; 05-26-2021, 02:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Team Farrell
    replied
    With changes apparently coming to WWE's announce teams, what would people think of moving Michael Cole back to Raw, and Corey Graves to Smackdown?

I get the impression that they see Graves as the guy to eventually replace Cole, and the combination of Graves and Pat McAfee would probably give Smackdown a younger and cooler feel.

Since they seem set on a three man booth for Raw, I'm not sure who they would get as that third person with Cole and Byron Saxon. Would Wade Barrett maybe go on the road with them? Saxon was a wrestler, but he's firmly in that "announcer" role for a long time, so having someone who'd done a little more in-ring and has the gravitas of an athlete behind the desk would be helpful.

Leave a comment:

• CoLD
    replied
    Ref. Drake Wuertz

Ref. Jake Clemons

Alexander Wolfe

Have been let go from the WWE today. Allegedly more to follow.

Kavita Devi

Jessamyn Duke

Vanessa Borne

May have been let go as well.
    Last edited by CoLD; 05-19-2021, 03:56 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Oliver
    replied
    So, looks like Zelina Vega might well be coming back to WWE based on recent news reports - at the very least, she's been at the PC recently and filmed by a camera crew with Simone Johnson.

Leave a comment:

• Buzzard Guts
    replied
    I just realized that's exactly how I see her.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X