Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• While I agree they should sign Grace, the one division WWE does not really need help in is the women's division. The top talent pool is only shallow because of who is missing from the picture, but the roster is very deep.

Asked no matter her skill level, she's unknown to WWE audiences. It's a single audience to compare to do it might not be fair, but think about how dead Houston was for Raw when Iyo Sky wrestled Bianca. Iyo has been in NXT for several years, but still didn't get much of a reaction. That's something HHH/WWE will need to be mindful of. Grace, Iyo, Kai, and now Kross will likely need to have their characters explained to the audience better than they might expect.

So someone who's only been on Impact won't be a main eventer within months as you're suggesting. It's possible, but it would take effort from WWE, and if that's the case, they can do that with anyone that want to push.

And that's when we get back to the deep roster. While I doubt Shotzi and Aliyah will really make a splash on Smackdown in terms of the women's title, Raquel and Zia Li are both top candidates to challenge at some point. On Raw, Iyo can definitely fit that bill, and Dakota likely can as well. With the NXT pool, Toxic Attraction is likely ready for the main roster any time they want to pull the trigger, and the green women who have incredible star potential once they have experience include Nikkita Lyons, Tiffany Stratton, Cora Jade, Roxanne Perez, Katana/Kayden, Ivy Nile, Elektra Lopez, Alba Fire, Indi Hartwell... Not everyone can be a star, but the potential is massive with who they already have, and people that HHH is likely familiar with and already attached to.

PLUS, the way AEW has booked the women so far, it's hard not to imagine some of their stars won't test the WWE waters once they are available.

Grace could be great. But she's definitely not needed.

Comment

• To be honest, I've not seen enough that Grace has done to be sure she is 'must have' for WWE, or for that matter anywhere else.

At the moment, I get that she's strong. But I think WWE has Ivy Nile in NXT that does that and in ring backs it up enough to suggest she could be as good as, if not better than, what I've seen of Grace.

Comment

• She's a headcase. I'm not sure she'd last there.
        https://youtu.be/wue-ZFnEta8
        My latest (and hopefully last) Covid-Era show

Comment

• Originally posted by Oliver View Post
          To be honest, I've not seen enough that Grace has done to be sure she is 'must have' for WWE, or for that matter anywhere else.

At the moment, I get that she's strong. But I think WWE has Ivy Nile in NXT that does that and in ring backs it up enough to suggest she could be as good as, if not better than, what I've seen of Grace.
          She is not Ivy Nile. Grace is much, much, bigger and stronger, and polished. And, while short, she is a powerhouse, that she could easily match, if not surpass, Bianca's strength.

Comment

• I just watched - because I'd never seen it and it's highly rated on Cagematch - the Ironman match between Grace and Purazzo for Impact, and I've got to say that I saw nothing in Grace during that other than very basic chain wrestling stuff.

There's potential there but I think she needs to capture it a bit. Even her strength, put over by commentary as her biggest asset, was hardly notable during the match.

Anybody got a recommendation of a single must see match for her that isn't a more recent PPV one one? I've been keeping up with Impact PPVs recently which is where my original conclusion came from. She reminds me of Michael Elgin (as do my feelings towards her, for that matter) - she looks OK, she wrestles fairly competently and well, but there's not a real substance to what she's doing.

Comment

• It sounds like Gable Steveson's training isn't going well and the reports of the Summerslam tryouts being a disaster. It makes me wonder if there's a future for the WWE's NIL program.

Comment

• I wouldn't worry so much about the program. My guess is expectations were a little higher with Gable, in hopes he could match Kurt Angle or Ronda's transition time. Ronda isn't great, but for how quickly she had to learn, it's impressive. And Kurt...I think we still have no idea how amazing his transition really was.

Keep in mind that his less known brother is on NXT regularly, and hasn't looked terrible at any time. I'm sure he's been protected from looking bad and is nowhere ready for the main roster, but the fact that he's moved into a regular role bodes well. But the expectations for Damon Kemp are much lower. Once Gable and WWE accept that he won't be perfect overnight, I think it'll workout.

Comment

• I can't help but feel like they really tried to throw everything at Steveson early doors to make a big deal of having a gold medalist immediately. Not so much in hope that he'd develop like Angle/Rousey, but just to capitalise on the hot thing in the moment, which often they get criticised for not doing. The whole Mania appearance and drafting to Raw really didn't help to keep those expectations lower, ultimately he just wasn't ready for that high profile a introduction and someone should have put the brakes on it.

I think it's all, likely, nonsense that Triple H is reportedly 'giving up' on him, because WWE as a whole is invested in him a lot just in terms of the contract. I just think it's going to be a bit longer before we see him regularly.

I'd honestly stick him with his brother in NXT, especially after Worlds Collide. Let them tag a bit, they'll probably cover each other's weaknesses for a bit, maybe pair them with a talker to learn from as well, and see how they go.

Comment

• How is it possible that Shotzi Blackheart looks like the Dollar Store version of Sasha Banks, Rhea Ripley, and Ruby Riot all at the same time?

Comment

• So, now that HHH is in charge, and all the rumors around the web state that wrestlers all over the world are looki8ng at the WWE in an entirely different light. People who did not want to work for Vince, or would not get a change to work in the WWE are all now fair game (no pun intended).

So that brings me to Jordynne Grace. Again. Her contract is up in May of 2023. Does HHH finally bring her in? She will be 28 and seasoned.

I have said for years that she should be in the WWE, and in May/June 2023 is the time to do so.

Comment

• Probably the same discussion as we had before, Powder, but I'm not sure there would be a higher profile female 'get' unless they go and pitch from AEW for Britt Baker or something.

if they wanted to go really left field but 'big', Utami Hayashishita from Stardom would be killer. But I don't think they'd have much name value in the US even with Meltzer's 5.5 rating on their side

Comment

• Who how in the what now?

I'm sure Grace is on WWE's radar, but there are so many things going on in the industry right now that it's impossible to know who might be offering what, and what she might be interested in. I'm a fan, but her social media presence gives me the impression she might not be able to handle the WWE schedule. She's a talent that AEW would love to make an offer for, if she'd be open to it after her husband's issues. And Impact still seems to have the budget to have a strong women's division, so they might counter any offer that is made to her.

All in all, nothing to do really do about it now.

But, on the topic of women that WWE might find interest in, I wonder if the recent comments concerning Nick Aldis might lead to an opportunity for Kamile. I know she's married to Thom Latimer, who has his own drama with WWE and Charlotte in particular, but Kamile would also be a huge prospect, while also being a perfect fit for WWE.

All that being said, it's also possible that when a contract is up for any woman in the industry, that they decide to use that time to plan/start a family. Female talents might decide to get hired by WWE, and then start a family a year into their run, or not at all. And what every woman and her family will want may be different.

Comment

• You almost have to assume WWE's going to pick up Aldis, right? A year ago, I'd say no chance and he was NWA for life and wanted to build that brand. Now that he and Billy aren't seeing eye-to-eye, Aldis is everything you'd expect Triple H would want for a top guy in WWE.
                            https://youtu.be/wue-ZFnEta8
                            My latest (and hopefully last) Covid-Era show

Comment

• At 35, I think it can happen.

Comment

• Aldis is only 35? Jeez. He's been around for nearly 15 years on TNA/IMPACT and then NWA, I think - didn't realise he'd started there at 22/23.

Originally posted by PEN15v2 View Post
                                Who how in the what now?
                                And that's the kind of reaction I expect most would have too!

This'll be her most famous match - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWww...el=PiggyBetter - and the aforementioned 5.5 star one that I daresay has helped her name spread within certain communities. She's only 24, so a good age. 5-7 years ago I would have said it wouldn't have even featured on WWE's radar, but with Asuka, Kairi, and Iyo all having moved from Japan over I'm sure someone in there will have caught wind of it.

Like I said, it won't make 97% of the audience go 'oh heck, what a signing!', but would be big for that other 3%. Not unlike signing those three other names.

Comment

Working...
                                X