Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And Powder, people do believe that Tamina or Dominick could win, much like they did with Koko B Ware. You're once again thinking everyone is on the internet gossiping about who deserves a main event push. But there still are kids, and adults, who don't see it as only a select few contenders.

Last edited by PEN15v2; 01-25-2022, 12:42 PM.

Comment

• I'm sure they wouldn't, but part of me would love a curve ball like Tamina winning the Rumble. I mean, the women's roster is so thin it can barely support 20 women Rumble on it's own, the 30 women gets laden with one off debuts or returning legends.. Giving the win to someone like Tamina won't result in a tangibly worse match than giving it to Sasha, for example.

Comment

• These comments are from Vince Russo. While he is usually a blow hard, these have a point:

Bro, here's the bottom line. Listen, Triple H made it clear; we are no longer going to create stars; not one person is going to be bigger than the WWE. That's what he said. When he said that, I could not believe that he said it because when you break it down to the most basic of fundamentals, we watch TV to watch television stars. That's what we tune into TV for; we want to see stars. Kevin Costner is a star on Yellowstone. We want to see stars. So, I didn't take Triple H seriously. But they have, without a shadow of a doubt, lived up to that comment, and they stopped making stars," explained Vince Russo.

To add insult to injury, Bad Bunny, he didn't even perform in MMA. This guy is just a rapper. He comes in the ring; he beats up half your roster. A rapper beats up half your roster. And I'm like, okay guys, you lived up to your word. You didn't create any stars. Now, you have no stars.

Comment

• Gonna be interesting to see, finally, Lesnar and Riddle work together at Elimination Chamber - assuming that they don't book it so that one isn't ever in the ring with the other.

Comment

• Lesnar and Riddle worked together in the Rumble. Yes, their only interaction was Lesnar catching Riddle, and then literally tossing him over the top rope. But they interacted.

Lesnar, while being a diva, does business. He has said that in multiple interviews, and on Stone Cold's podcasts. That wrestling is his job, and he does business. If he is asked to work with Riddle, he will. That doe snot mean he will like Riddle, but Lesnar will do his job. It's business to Lesnar.

Comment

• Concerning Russo and making stars, he's purposely skewing the quote to fit an obviously false narrative. WWE still creates stars, but they just don't do a great job. But Becky and Roman are two glaringly obvious pieces of evidence that they can create stars. Look at how Bron Breakker is being pushed in NXT 2.0.

Here's the problem with what online critics seem to misunderstand: Charlotte, Brock, Roman, Alexa, Sasha... they are all stars that WWE has created, but these critics have a tendency to say thee people are overused. Cena is another great example of this, historically. Just because these fans don't see their value doesn't mean they aren't stars.

Wyatt was a great example: many of these fans hated the Fiend gimmick, yet his merch outsold everyone to a ludicrous degree. He was certainly a star, and may still be in the future. But he is a very unique talent. Whether you enjoyed his work and gimmick or not, you should be able to recognize his unique charisma and creativity. Can you think of anyone on any roster in any promotion that matches him on these topics?

It's not easy to make a star. But WWE hasn't stopped trying, no matter what Russo thinks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Powder View Post
                Lesnar and Riddle worked together in the Rumble. Yes, their only interaction was Lesnar catching Riddle, and then literally tossing him over the top rope. But they interacted.

Lesnar, while being a diva, does business. He has said that in multiple interviews, and on Stone Cold's podcasts. That wrestling is his job, and he does business. If he is asked to work with Riddle, he will. That doe snot mean he will like Riddle, but Lesnar will do his job. It's business to Lesnar.
                I agree completely, I'm mostly just interested/excited to see what they do in the ring over a slightly more extended period - I wasn't even really thinking about the supposed heat between the two when I said that.

Comment

• Ric Flair's recent comments about Becky Lynch:

“It’s huge. She’s not Ronnie. She’s Ronda Rousey. Anybody that’s stupid enough to call her Ronnie and make a joke of her presence and what she brings to the company is out of their mind, aka, what is her name now? Big Time Becks? “Hey Ronnie. Welcome back.’ Wow, that’s exciting. That’s really exciting. How about, ‘Thank you Ronda for showing up because I’m not ‘The Man’ anymore. I’m generic, who am I, Big Time Becks, The Lass Kicker, I don’t know
                  .’”

Flair, since his release, sounds like a bitter old man, who is desperately trying to stay in the limelight to hold onto past glory. Also, it sounds like every chance he gets he takes shots at Becky Lynch because she is a bigger star than his daughter, and also b/c of the real life heat between them.

On an unrelated story....this is very interesting, and could pose a problem for the WWE.

Last edited by Powder; 02-09-2022, 12:24 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Powder View Post
                    Flair, since his release, sounds like a bitter old man, who is desperately trying to stay in the limelight to hold onto past glory. Also, it sounds like every chance he gets he takes shots at Becky Lynch because she is a bigger star than his daughter, and also b/c of the real life heat between them.
                    Arguable at best. I think Becky has the most potential to be the bigger star, but Charlotte is hands down the bigger star at the moment.

Comment

• I'm not sure much of anything will come of the tattoo business. If they lose -- which I have my doubts that they will -- it'll probably cost Take 2, not WWE. Though WWE might pay them something as a good faith business partner.

If they do win, maybe WWE takes even more control over their wrestlers tattoos. But what's more likely is that in the video games, they'll just create new tattoos in the game that are close enough that the average person won't notice, but changed enough so as to be a different design. They'd do it with Punk, taking out his Pepsi logo. They might make their wrestlers make the artists sign something at the time they're getting their work done going forward that gives them usage rights.

Really though, it won't have much impact. Out of my tattoos I can only remember one person who did one of them, and I bet that none of the artists who did mine remember me or the tattoo. So really, you'd have to be an artist look for a payday, someone who did a particularly memorable piece, or someone that the wrestler goes to for every tattoo in the future for it to even factor in.
                      https://youtu.be/wue-ZFnEta8
                      My latest (and hopefully last) Covid-Era show

Comment

• I can't help but feel this tattoo issue is just opportunism by the artist(s) in question.

My understanding of the law is very limited, but to my understanding the ownership of tattoos once they're tattooed is pretty cloudy anyway, and most likely a joint ownership deal between tattooist and the person tattooed.

Speaking to a few of my artists, there is technically a case where anybody, anywhere, who puts a photo of someone's tattoo online is potentially infringing on copyright. It's, of course, impractical to follow this through in a court of law, because a) nobody would be able to go through so many lawsuits from an artists perspective, and b) nobody would then be getting tattoos.

Someone has, simply, seen a chance to go after a big fish and is chasing it.

Comment

• For the first time in awhile, I can honestly say that two WM main event feuds are not predictable.

I do not know who will win either Elimination Chamber matches.

In the men's match, if the rumored Title vs Title match is happening then Lesnar is the obvious winner, but if it is not Brock...my best guess is Rollins.

In the Women's match, I believe we will get Belair winning to close the feud between Becky and Belair that was kind of put on hold after the draft.

Also, the WWE in the past few weeks have been building Rhea Ripley back up nicely, especially with her performance in the Gauntlet match last night. However, why give away Ripley vs Belair for free like they did last night?

I would think that they could have had some screwy ending to the match setting up a WM match between them.

Comment

• Give it away? Rhea went 40 minutes before Bianca entered. It's not a screwy finish, but it's certainly left open for a true one on one encounter.

Comment

• There are reports out there that Cody Rhodes is potentially coming back to the WWE.

I certainly hope not. That would make Cody one of the biggest hypocrites out there. When he left, he was bitter, and he reinvented himself on the indies and Japan, and became "Cody Rhodes". He also had so much stature and influence that HE was able to convince Tony Khan to invest and create AEW as direct rival and competition to the WWE. Also AEW constantly points out how different they are from the WWE, and how they think differently. Cody was the loudest one on his soap box about this.

To me, Cody coming back to the WWE (and reports are that he wants a HUGE contract) is the literal definition of selling out.
                              Last edited by Powder; 02-15-2022, 11:44 AM.

Comment

• OR
                                He thought he'd be happier in AEW with more control, and realized it wasn't worth the effort. Plus, there has been talks of him being on the outs with the other main people, so he might be so unhappy that WWE became the better option, and he's milking it for the most money.

Comment

Working...
                                X