Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's really odd. She doesn't seem particularly over with anyone, except for this one group of people for whom she's the best women's wrestler alive. It's so weird. I know some of these people that just love Liv Morgan for some reason. Maybe it's her real life story, maybe it has something to do with the fact that she's so open on social media. I'm not sure.

I don't dislike her, but I definitely don't see her as the next big thing in women's wrestling. She's probably a middle of the pack girl on the roster.
    https://youtu.be/wue-ZFnEta8
    My latest (and hopefully last) Covid-Era show

Comment

• WWE has released Jeff Hardy, who apparently turned down their offer for rehab.

As a recovering addict I was really inspired by Jeff's story. I pray he gets whatever help he needs and that we haven't seen the last of him on WWE programming.

Comment

• Wow, I didn't realize that was what was going on with him. I thought he got messed up by something in that match where he was taken out and was hurt.

I really hope the guy gets the help he needs and that no company touches him until he does.

Comment

• WOW....Liv Morgan is so robotic in her promos, and is having trouble remembering her lines, and she does not show any real emotion.

Becky is doing everything to help out Liv, but liv is failing.
          Last edited by Powder; 12-13-2021, 09:22 PM.

Comment

• Becky deserves all the credit for this angle being anything close to passable.

Comment

• I am trying to understand what is going on in the RAW WWE Title picture. Usually we talk about who is the next contender for, and who will face the WWE Champion at WM, but now the WWE has put the 3 likely contenders in a fatal fourway match.

Honestly, I would have kept Lashley out of the match and set up for a Big E rematch at Mania.

Comment

• Having a "midcard" fatal four way works on a show where no combination of talent on Raw will outshine Roman vs Brock. One thing multi men matches do is subconsciously tell the audience that everyone involved has a chance to win. So, a singles match between any two of them is potentially the WM main event.

That being said, the Rumble winner throws anyone into a title shot. From any brand. It could be Bron Breakker. It could be a return of Cena. It could be Kofi or Xavier. I Smackdown is hinting at McIntyre getting a shot at Roman soon, so it could be Brock vs Big E.

One thing I've been successful in doing that's helped me enjoy all wrestling a lot more recently is I just watch what's on the screen. I don't think about what Mania will be, or the Rumble. All I'm thinking about is Day 1 in this case.

So in relation to this topic, I don't really have any thoughts as to what this title match will be. But i feel Big E is doing a great job, but needs a real feud to really make an imprint. So of the options I mentioned, I hope it's Cena, Brock or Kofi/Xavier. But it might be Rollins, which I'll enjoy as well, because Seth is great in this role (though I wonder how long it'll last as he must be spending lots on these outfits every week).

Different topic, but WWE is booking Owens and Zayn like they are leaving. At least, I thought so until Sami stood up to Paul on Smackdown last week. I still think they are leaving, as they are both in positions to put over top guys on their way out. Zayn was gonna be treated like a joke, as he should be, but then he had backbone about being interrupted by Heyman. So that throws a potential wrench in my theory.
                Owens on the other hand will likely get a PPV title shot and lose clean to make Big E strong, before he moves into free agency.

And on that topic, I'm sorry to see Gargano and O'Rielly go. But they reached their ceiling, and in any other era, any promoter would end their contracts and let them go. They will be well used elsewhere, but they'll still never be main event guys, so whatever makes them happy. And this is the healthy way to do business, it seems.

This was written on my phone while waiting for the wife in a parking lot. So forgive typos.
                Last edited by PEN15v2; 12-14-2021, 07:04 PM.

Comment

• Well with Owens now signing a new contract with WWE I could see him winning the title at Day 1 and Big E challenging him for it at 'Mania

Comment

• That is a good signing.

But it leads to me ask: Can wrestlers have in their contract, or use it as part of the negotiation to have a top title reign of some significant length written into it?

I ask, because KO has had only 1 Universal Title run, and it was pretty good, and then got fed to Goldberg. Yes he had top title feuds, most notably with Reigns, but no one really thought that KO would win the title. But I can see Owens getting a WWE title run.

But Cook, I think it would be the other way around. KO eats the pin Day 1, the he goes on to win the Rumble and win the Title at Mania. Owens has been a loyal soldier and in my opinion, criminally not given another top Title run.

Comment

• Can KO be WWE champion again? Sure. But look at the roster, and tell me he's a better choice to lead a brand than Roman, Brock, McIntyre, Rollins, Big E, or Lashley? And that's not including possible breakout stars like Austin Theory, Damian Priest, Bron Breakker, Gable Steveson, Montez Ford, Riddle, T-Bar, Rick Boogs, or Ridge Holland.

My point is Owens is great, and he should be in the mix with these people. But to declare he deserves a title run, or a contract stating it's mandatory, is beyond ridiculous. This isn't the era of the title changing hands every 2 months anymore. The top champions really are the top people on the brand, or truly being elevated to take over that role. Kevin Owens likely needs a makeover or major gimmick change to really get to the top again. His current role isn't fresh or captivating enough to be champion instead of a face of the company prospect like Big E.

There's also the element of him being 50/50 at best for a long time. That type of booking can work for midcard guys, but it's a tough scenario to get someone into the level of being the top champion. This is why the change in look, or attitude, or gimmick is possibly essential to get that run again. His best time to win a title again was unfortunately early in the Roman Reigns heel run, and therefore wasn't the right time. Since then unfortunately, he's not been winning enough, and a tweener/heel turn with his "dishonest" gimmick isn't really enough, in my opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Powder View Post
                        But it leads to me ask: Can wrestlers have in their contract, or use it as part of the negotiation to have a top title reign of some significant length written into it?
                        Anything is possible, but I doubt it. Vince isn't going to handcuff himself that way, and in the era where you don't get a ton more money for being top Champion, it's a pretty mark move.

According to people close to Vince, he never promises people title runs. He might say things that a talent could interpret as them being told they're getting one, but rarely if ever does he tell someone that they're going to get a run. It's no unprecedented to do, in the territory days it was pretty standard practice to tell someone that they'd be coming in to work with X, and probably have a run with a specific title, etc. But that's never really been Vince's MO.

I could see him getting a run on Raw, though. That title scene with Big E, Lashley, Rollins, etc. doesn't really seem like it would be as insurmountable for him as the scene on Smackdown with Roman, Drew and Brock would be.

Comment

• Based on last night's Smackdown I can see that the entire Reigns/Heyman/Lesnar storyline at Day 1 turning out to be:

Heyman coming to the ring with Lesnar and being in his corner, then during the final moments of the match, Heyman actually turns on Lesnar and gives Reigns the win, as it all was a set up all along.

Comment

• It's been a few days, so whatever on the double post:

Is the WWE attempting to turn Lashley face? It would not be all that bad of an idea.
                            • Lashley basically called out MVP for getting involved in his match last week
                            • Rollins and KO attacked Lashley and Big E made the save
                            • Lashley pseudo called out Roman Reigns by having MVP say that the crowd should Acknowledge the Almighty
                            • In the Main event E and Lashley saved each other.
                            It could be a long shot, but an interesting long shot to have Lashley win the Rumble and challenge Reigns at Mania.

I know, what to do with Lesnar and Drew. Well what about Lesnar vs Drew II, but this time with an audience.

Comment

• I thought Lesnar/Reigns 43 was all but confirmed.

Comment

• From all reports, that is likely, but as we know, Vince tends to change his mind.

Comment

Working...
                                X