X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I like that idea, Buzzard.

Comment

• From what I hear the main reason that kind of thing doesn't happen is that Heyman doesn't want it to. He likes the 'one guy' set-up he's enjoyed with Reigns and, for the most part, with Lesnar.

There are obviously people like CM Punk he's willing to break it for - but it sounds like at this stage of his career it's not just a case of telling Paul what to do, he has to be on board with it - and he likes the set-up they have.

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

Comment

• Originally posted by Powder View Post
        I want Heyman to NOT just be Roman's advisor, I want Heyman to be a leader of men. Not necessarily the leader of the "Heyman Family" like the Brain was, but to have a few guys that he advises besides Roman.

If and when Lesnar comes back, he WILL be paired with Heyman. So why not have Heyman bring back Lesnar to finally face off with Lashley and then Lesnar beats Lashley and now you have Heyman advising/managing the top champions on both brands.

Hell you could even have Becky come back also advised by Heyman, and she wins the SDWC from Belair.

And finally, maybe Heyman extends his services to Rhea Ripley and then Heyman has all 4 champions under his wing.

I know this is a little fantasy booking, but it could work big picture wise. Maybe adding the women is over extending, but Lesnar vs Lashley needs to happen, and real soon and Heyman advising both top champions is too good to pass up.
        Isn’t this pretty much how we got Punk/Lesnar at SummerSlam ‘13? Punk was a “Heyman guy”, but Paul was still “the advocate” and blahblahblah... Punk and Lesnar ended up butting heads ‘cause Heyman is slime. Or something like that. Correct me if I’m wrong.

Comment

• Heyman turned his back on Punk though, right? Hit him with a chair to stop him winning MitB?

Comment

• Whoa.... big names released indeed.

Comment

• HO-LY SHIT!

Strowman and Black? They literally just spent a few months building Black back up, and Strowman was just in a main event feud.

What the hell happened?

I see both guys going to AEW as soon as they can.

Comment

• Concerning Nikki Cross as a superhero, I think this works. It'll really depend on how creative handles it, but she's a good performer for this role. Even when she was Sanity, she was a natural babyface of the group. She's charming and likable. She can definitely pull this off, and I saw someone suggest how this will be a great gimmick for the younger fans who lost out when Bayley turned heel. With fans in attendance, a good merch product like a mask will be a hot ticket for the younger girls. And I think with Helms and Molly as producers, we're apt to see them on screen in support at some point.

Lots of positives. The problem will undoubtedly be creative though. She doesn't need to have much attention from them, but they can't ignore it. If she ends up getting as much attention as Angel Garza, it'll obviously fail. Give her the same amount of screen time and attention as Ryker has had recently and it'll be enough.

Another problem though is the lack of female heels on Raw. Charlotte, Jax, Baszler and Eva Marie... All 4 are in good positions, but for Nikki to get over, she'll need a win or two. And it's too soon for Eva to be putting Nikki over, while the others are too high up the ladder for the silly superhero gimmick to really connect. I guess we'll see.

Comment

• She can be the F.U.C.K....,. Female Undercover Caped.Kicker.
                  Or something.🤷

Completely random fact-X is the Roman numeral for 10, which means X-PAC was 5x better than 2-Pac.
                  Last edited by Buzzard Guts; 06-24-2021, 04:11 AM.

Comment

• If you haven't read or heard Mick Foley's comments, and I completely agree with them.

“The only deal I have with WWE is a nostalgia contract, a legends deal. They do pay people to be consultants, and if I was being paid to be a consultant, I would say, ‘WWE, we’ve got a problem.’ I’m putting myself in the place of a top tier superstar who has a decision to make. I would look at how AEW has treated their recent acquisitions and I would compare it to how WWE has treated a few of their recent, as in development brought up to the main roster. I would say, ‘I don’t know if I would want to gamble to such an extent that I’m willing to have everything that I’ve done watered down or made a joke of.’ So if somebody is a more intriguing character in NXT than they are in WWE, and it seems almost by design, I think that’s a big, big problem.”

On WWE’s handling of Keith Lee:

“I look at Keith Lee and I look at how dynamic he was. I know Keith has had some health problems, but it’s like, the guy comes out and you don’t know that he’s got that look? You haven’t done enough research to know that he’s a big dude, and now you want to cover him up? That’s part of his appeal that he’s loud and proud, and for whatever reason, his incredible ring entrance music was taken away.”

On Karrion Kross:

“In the case of Karrion Kross, you don’t reinvent the wheel. If the guy’s got the best entrance, one of the 4 or 5 best entrances in the business, and then you send him out there as a generic guy and he loses in 2 minutes? You only get one chance to make a first impression. Can you dig that guy out of the hole? Yea, you can, but he shouldn’t be in a hole. I think the AEW pressure is the best thing that can happen to WWE.”

Comment

• Apparently Gargano's and Zayn's contract are up by January and December respectively. Add that to KO's contract ending in January.

Can the WWE allow the possibility of 3 more wrestlers leaving for AEW? Especially with 2 of them being staples of the main roster.

Comment

• Well, you have to ask - do they care? KO and Zayn aren't really doing anything of note right now, and as far as I'm aware haven't done for a while. Owens had his Universal title feud with Reigns at the turn of the year but has been treading water since. Zayn lost his IC title around that time and then sort of has had the same story since, not doing much of anything. Gargano is obviously an unknown quantity in terms of main roster potential but in terms of NXT he's done it all now - if he refused a call up like some have been rumoured to do, they might figure why not cut their losses, I guess.

Comment

• Maybe the WWE is not doing anything with KO and Zaun bc they did not, or do not want to sign another deal?

If so, why would WWE push them only for them to leave in a few months?

Comment

• Over the past 2 years we have seen a number of former WWE wrestlers sign with AEW.
                            FTR, Miro, Moxley, Matt Hardy, Brodie, DB, Punk-ish, Christian, Big Show, Mark Henry, Ruby, etc just to name a few.

Who do you think will be the firs to jump to the WWE?

Comment

• I don't know much about AEW but The Jungle Bros has a nice ring to it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Powder View Post
                                Over the past 2 years we have seen a number of former WWE wrestlers sign with AEW.
                                FTR, Miro, Moxley, Matt Hardy, Brodie, DB, Punk-ish, Christian, Big Show, Mark Henry, Ruby, etc just to name a few.

Who do you think will be the firs to jump to the WWE?
                                MJF.

Well, maybe not the first - I wouldn't be surprised if there's some low level AEW folks who get a WWE offer and make the move. But I think MJF will be the first notable name to move.

Comment

Working...
                                X