Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Throw her in with Charlotte for 12 minutes and let them almost steal the show.

Comment

• I'm perfectly fine with that...but what is the reasoning? There has to be some sort of story. Anything. Every match in every PPV always has a story for why it's happening, and if that was going to happen, then Charlotte better come back tonight and make the challenge. Waiting until Friday is too late, IMHO.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Cook View Post
        Yeah, as much as I'm not a fan of Nia Jax and Shayna Baszler is a bit 'meh' to me I think it's time to move the tag titles onto some of the 'lesser' women such as Mandy & Brooke and let Nia & Baszler move into the singles division(s).
        It's just lazy booking.

As for lesser women, I think we'll see some NXT women moving to main roster starting next Monday. Io might lose the title and graduate; I suspect Toni Storm will also get "promoted". So I like the tag titles being on women who can be singles threats, but giving them something of value to do until they can work in the singles division again.

Originally posted by Powder View Post
        With all that is going on in the WWE, with WM being 2 nights and all, I still cannot believe that Bayley does not have an announced match as of yet. I have not heard one thing about any sort of injury or testing positive, so why does she not have a match?
        They haven't announced a match for most of the women, especially in the tag division. So I wouldn't get upset until the womens tag title match is announced, and Bayley isn't in it.

Comment

• As far as I'm aware, Bayley hasn't even been on TV since the start of March, when she did a short Ding Dong, Hello! segment. It's mad that she's potentially not going to be on Mania after the year she had as the champion, to be honest. They used her to establish Bianca after she lost the belt, and since then she's not really been of importance.

I hope you're right, Pen, and she finds a tag partner - but given that it will be the ultimate in thrown together it seems she's not going to get a decent spotlight regardless. Maybe they are just holding back with her for a bit to bring her back to TV when they have a decent feud for her to get into?

Comment

• If she shows up Friday to announce she's in a multi team Women's tag title match, and her partner is Io Shirai, Toni Storm or Charlotte Flair, or a legend like Lita or Trish or a Bella or whatever, something tells me her several weeks lay off won't be important anymore.

She could also be a surprise entrant, much like the Hardys were.

Basically if after WrestleMania we then see she wasn't used, I would then wonder if there was a valid reason (health, covid scare, pregnant...etc.), But to as maddening as WWE can be, even they aren't boneheaded enough to find nothing for Bayley for WM, while finding a way for Tamina and Nattie to be inserted.

Comment

• Have her cost McIntyre the title then call out Lashley.

The Man, v2.0

Comment

• I would give my left arm for Bayley to be the first female WWE Champion.

Jeff Hardy also doesn't have a Mania match. And there's currently no Smackdown Tag Titles match on the card, so the obvious choice is:

Last edited by Oliver; 04-06-2021, 10:32 AM.

Comment

• Pen was saying that Charlotte and Bayley will team up and be inserted into the Women's Tag Team Turmoil match on night one and win to face Nia and Shayna on night 2. Honestly, it is the best scenario.

Comment

• I didn't say they'd necessarily team up, though I think it's possible. I was saying that the match as it's booked now definitely doesn't feel Mania worthy, and it's perfectly setup for a surprise entry to win and earn the title shot. Lots of options, such as a one weekend Bellas reuinion, or a partner like Lita or Trish teaming with Charlotte or Bayley...etc. But SOMETHING is going to be added to this turmoil match, without a doubt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oliver View Post
                      I would give my left arm for Bayley to be the first female WWE Champion.

Jeff Hardy also doesn't have a Mania match. And there's currently no Smackdown Tag Titles match on the card, so the obvious choice is:

I was obviously half-joking/half-trolling but I think given their roster nowadays, WWE is finally ready for a female WWE champion. They shouldn't beat someone like Brock Lesnar for the title, but under the right circumstances it could play well.

The only questions I have are: who would be the choice for the champ (Shayna Baszler?), and who would they beat for it/how would they win?

Comment

• No

Comment

• I don't think WWE will ever do it - whether it in theory could happen, and in someone like Shayna they have someone who has a background that suggests she could take on pretty much anybody if they made her just an absolute beast - because of the fear of backlash.

I'd buy Shayna being able to (just for example) beat Adam Cole. Just choke him until his head pops off. Actually, that's not too bad a thing to think of - I think they could possibly run NXT with a women's NXT Champion.

Anyway, I love Molly Holly. That is all.

Comment

• "Jeff Hardy also doesn't have a Mania match. And there's currently no Smackdown Tag Titles match on the card, so the obvious choice is:"

I thought the smackdown tag titles were announced for the Smackdown before Mania.

Comment

• I'm sure someone will now the answer to this, but:

How can the WWE (or any company for that matter) file a trademark for someone's given name?

Chelsea Green and the WWE both filed to trademark the "Chelsea Green" name. How? How can the WWE possibly do this? How can the WWE own the rights to someone's given name? The main page has the story, but it appears that no decision has been made yet. I get that the WWE can own the rights to the name that they gave to a wrestler, like Dean Ambrose, who now reverted back to Jon Moxley, or Rusev...Miro.

But in Green's case, that is her name and I cannot understand how the WWE's application could even be given any legitimacy.
                              Last edited by Powder; 04-20-2021, 02:41 PM.

Comment

• It's a trademark only for use in wrestling, and in general that person has to sign a document indicating that they agree to said trademark.

As it stands, she'll likely get granted the trademark and WWE will get denied if she hadn't previously signed off agreeing to WWE's filing.

The trademark is, more than anything, so that nobody else could make Chelsea Green merch for example. I'm not sure it's ever been challenged by someone who used their legal name and left the company, but I wonder how it would hold up. I guess WWE would hold the trademark until it expired, at which point they'd once again need that person to sign off on the trademark again, which they obviously wouldn't.

But it would be really interesting to see if someone who WWE had been granted a trademark to their legal name left and started wrestling under that name elsewhere, if there would be anything WWE could do about it or if they'd even bother.
                                https://youtu.be/wue-ZFnEta8
                                My latest (and hopefully last) Covid-Era show

Comment

Working...
                                X