• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hogan/Austin.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Powder View Post
      Hogan/Austin.....
      Depends on whether you want to keep it specifically to situations where WWE/F missed the opportunity, or extend it to situations where the two people couldn't agree to work with each other (I think Austin and Hogan both wanted to win and wouldn't budge?)

Same sort of thing with Austin/Lesnar - that could have been a torch passing moment, but Austin refused to work the match at short notice and walked out instead, right.

Comment

• To be fair, Austin wanted to work with Lesnar, but he rightfully so, thought that the first match between these two should not have been during a throw away match in the first round of the KOTR tournament on a RAW without any build.

Austin has said repeatedly that he would have faced Lesnar, and had no problem doing the job, but make the match on a PPV and have a proper build.

Rousey vs Becky 1 v1.
        Last edited by Powder; 03-25-2021, 12:56 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oliver View Post

Depends on whether you want to keep it specifically to situations where WWE/F missed the opportunity, or extend it to situations where the two people couldn't agree to work with each other (I think Austin and Hogan both wanted to win and wouldn't budge?)
          I believe someone (maybe JR?), recently kind of speculated that there wasn't much behind the old stories of neither being willing to lose, or there being bad blood and chalked it up to Hogan's age and Austin's physical condition.

Whomever it was, said that Austin knew that the match wouldn't be up to his standards in terms of the in-ring and would have been smart enough to know that in Toronto there was no way Hogan was getting booed which would have made time look bad, and so wasn't interested in doing. And then after the fact there was no time to do it since Austin walked out, then came back for that last match.

Same sort of thing with Austin/Lesnar - that could have been a torch passing moment, but Austin refused to work the match at short notice and walked out instead, right.
          Yeah, Austin was perfectly willing to lose but thought that it needed some build behind it. Not even necessarily a pay per view match, but give it a few weeks of build for a TV main event.

I believe that the combination of being unhappy with his overall position -- going from THE top babyface in the entire industry making his triumphant return and main eventing a huge WrestleMania card one year to a goofy booked heel and then generously third from the top at Mania year later -- and them wanting him to do things he thought were dumb lead to the walk-out. And, ultimately, when you're one of the industry's top guys, that's what you do.

https://youtu.be/CuiN0s2cLEI
          Check out this COVID era pro wrestling show I just produced.

Comment

• I am going to throw out 2 missed opportunities, just because I can see them both not happening, but both still could.

1. Brock vs Rock II

2. Rock vs Roman. Honestly, I think that if we were not in a pandemic, Rock vs Roman might have happened this year at WM, so the Rock would have cementer Roman as the Head of the Table. But I can also see this match not happening.

EDIT: Lashley vs Lesnar. Yes it is also still possible, but....

And one for TO...Rock vs Cena III - Thrice in a lifetime. lol
            Last edited by Powder; 03-25-2021, 01:12 PM.

Comment

• A proper DX vs. Brothers of Destruction.

Comment

• Orton vs Cena

Comment

• Originally posted by T.O. View Post
                  Orton vs Cena
                  You know, I think if Cena could get in ring shape he and Orton would have a better match now than they did at any point in their various feuds. Orton's in ring stuff feels stronger to me right now than it's been for a long time.

Here's one - WWE had Eddie and HBK on the roster from HBK's return to Eddie's death, yet they never had a match. I'm not even sure if they crossed paths in the two Rumbles they were both in (2003 and 2005) because in the '03 one HBK was eliminated in 2 minutes and Eddie came in later, and in '05 Eddie went for half an hour from #1 but Michaels came in at 19 - I think Eddie was probably eliminated just before Michaels was entering. As far as I can tell, WWE had both of these guys at their peaks (and post-injury HBK was peak HBK) and yet they were never in the same ring.

Comment

• I've seen multiple sources state that Michaels/Eddie was scheduled to be one of the top matches at WrestleMania 22 and how it would've played off both men's past problems and how religion helped them turn their lives around.

Comment

• Late to the conversation, but oh well.

Undertaker vs Mordecai (2004). Obviously could not happen since Mordecai was released shortly after the Great American Bash.
                      Eddie Guerrero vs Triple H (iirc, they only had 1 televised match and it was for Eddie Guerrero WWE title on the night of the draft in 2004. Maybe, they had one back in 2000, but I do not recall)
                      CM Punk vs Sheamus (I don't believe these two had an actual feud)

Comment

• It just occurred to me during Smackdown tonight that I really want to see a match between Montez Ford and Riddle.

Comment

• 9 Days of WWE ahead of us, starting with Raw tomorrow night. Eeesh.

Comment

• Originally posted by PEN15v2 View Post
                            9 Days of WWE ahead of us, starting with Raw tomorrow night. Eeesh.
                            It's a lot, isn't it?

I see they're having Asuka & Rhea vs Nia & Shayna on Raw tonight. Does anybody think it's weird that they just went through the same loop of Mania opponents vs the tag champs on Smackdown to get Sasha vs Bianca warmed up and are now doing the same thing for Rhea vs Asuka? Is it just a sign that the women's talent pool actually just isn't deep enough when you have two of your top women (Becky and Charlotte) out, Bayley becoming a talking personality more than an in ring player, and basically your other established main eventers holding the singles and tag belts - and then nobody else is a threat? I mean, the women's tag teams that show up are hardly worth a damn even though I do love some of the people in those teams.

Comment

• Yeah, as much as I'm not a fan of Nia Jax and Shayna Baszler is a bit 'meh' to me I think it's time to move the tag titles onto some of the 'lesser' women such as Mandy & Brooke and let Nia & Baszler move into the singles division(s).

Comment

• With all that is going on in the WWE, with WM being 2 nights and all, I still cannot believe that Bayley does not have an announced match as of yet. I have not heard one thing about any sort of injury or testing positive, so why does she not have a match?

Comment

Working...
                                X