Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If anyone thinks anything different will come of it, I've got some magic beans for sale.

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

Comment

• Originally posted by Prime Time View Post
      If anyone thinks anything different will come of it, I've got some magic beans for sale.
      I'll buy those magic beans!!

Comment

• Originally posted by LK3185 View Post
        All it lmplies is less heel authority. There's no behind the scenes change.
        That may not be entirely true.

Originally posted by Prime Time View Post
        If anyone thinks anything different will come of it, I've got some magic beans for sale.
        Originally posted by LWO4Life View Post
        I'll buy those magic beans!!
        I don't want beans, but do you have a bridge in Brooklyn for sale?

Comment

• Originally posted by Prime Time View Post
          This. Reminder that the 'new Raw' featured:

- two lengthy Baron Corbin segments
          - a Baron Corbin match being announced, that then turned into a handicap match - exactly what Corbin was doing when he was 'killing the show' (not to mention it was just a TLC rehash)
          - a match ending in a no contest due to outside interference
          - long promos to set up matches they could’ve just announced
          - Rollins doing the 'disguise' bit that always happens
          - The Tag Team graveyard continuing, whilst featuring a group of ex-NXT wrestlers that haven't had development opportunities on the main roster, whilst advertising a bunch of new NXT call-ups.
          - Elias vs Bobby Lashley
          - All the women fighting in something that is at least Battle Royal adjacent, if not an actual Battle Royal

They can't even 'reboot Raw' on the Raw that they say they're 'rebooting Raw'.

Raw should literally start with a card that says 'Forget about it - just watch Smackdown'. It's worthless as a program right now.

Comment

• I think its a bit of harsh critique on Raw... Mainly because I didn't see it as a reboot.. its more like we're going to give you new faces, more opportunities for others instead of just giving rematches.. (hence AOP losing their Title rematch... ) oh and no heel authority figures to hold people down kayfabe wise. You had the revival, a popular NXT team win a tag title chance, A women's gauntlet match that showcased everyone and was quite good (the winner is questionable but given the title match is done on a taped raw who cares?) and Baron Corbin can't go around abusing his power.

This doesn't change the fact that the McMahons missed the point about their creative but its better than what they were doing.

Comment

• Apparently the WWE has made Kenny Omega a really good offer....

https://www.thesportster.com/news/ww...r1LjDZUsIwxUYw

Comment

• I read that last week too. Not sure what it really means, though. Not sure Kenny will really enjoy working for WWE, I'd probably rather see him working for AEW with his pals.

Comment

• Just when we couldn't get enough of Lucha House Party, the main page is reporting that we maybe getting another Lucha stable on Smackdown consisting of Rey, Andrade, and Sin Cara. The report also said that it would be a six man stable, but doesn;t name anyone else, so maybe includes the Lucha House party?

But WHY???

Comment

• Originally posted by Powder View Post
                    I mean, why bring in a 45 year old? Push Strowman and give him a title run. Push Lars when he can debut. Use McIntyre. The WWE has their own monsters. Hell you could even make Rusev back into a monster easily.

If Abyss was 10 years younger and the WWE could get 5+ years out of him then sure, but if not then I do not see the point.

Also AJ Styles came into the WWE when he was 38, a full 7 years younger than Abyss currently is.

Kane vs Abyss
                    Foley vs Abyss
                    Taker vs Abyss

Three feuds that should have happened from 2002-20010.
                    Well if you want to get technical, didn't an Abyss vs Foley feud happen in TNA? I know it's not the same promotion, but still.

Comment

• But Foley was past his prime, and already was limited physically. Imagine a Foley of 97 vs Abyss of 2004?

Comment

• So the WWE finally revealed the new Daniel Bryan's eco-friendly WWE belt. While I think it is perfect for his gimmick, and will keep people talking, it is a shame really as the belt is ugly.

I am completely surprised that Vince okayed that belt to be the representation of the WWE Championship. The main page is reporting that there was another design that they chose not to use:
                        The other design was said to be not as “drastic” as the one that was revealed. The other design included an “eco sourced” strap and “recycled materials” to make up the plates. That design also still had a shine to it.
                        I personally, would have rather had that one, sight unseen.

Comment

• You’re the first person I’ve seen who hated it.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Looks like Bryan is going to have a fairly lengthy title reign. If they were going to have him drop the belt at mania, there'd be no point in having a new title belt at the ready.

Comment

• Originally posted by Heisenberg View Post
                              You’re the first person I’ve seen who hated it.
                              I don't hate it, I said it was perfect for the character, but it is ugly.

The Smoking Skull belt was cool.
                              The Spinner Belt fit the character of Cena and was gawdy, but still ok.
                              The Rated-R Spinner Belt, a variation of Cena's.
                              And now the Eco-Friendly belt.

Besides those four, have there been any other WWE title made specifically for a champion? I know TNA had the Jeff Hardy Belt.

Originally posted by LifeLostInRewind View Post
                              Looks like Bryan is going to have a fairly lengthy title reign. If they were going to have him drop the belt at mania, there'd be no point in having a new title belt at the ready.
                              And awesome. The WWE needs to keep long title reigns in place, especially with a part timer on the other show.
                              Last edited by Powder; 01-30-2019, 09:30 AM.

Comment

• The WWE title Bryan had before the Hemp title was ugly too. So much wasted space. Hope they go more traditional with the next title but they won't.

Comment

Working...
                                X