Limitless Keith Lee Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PEN15v2 View Post
    Here's where I am hoping WWE is doing something smart, but the fans are so used to seeing WWE throw everyone on TV without direction. I'm going under the assumption they are doing this by design, which I think is unlikely honestly. But, if they are purposely waiting for the right moment to get Keith Lee back on TV for a productive reason, I'm a fan. The reason I believe this is possible is because WWE has a track record of using everyone way too often until they aren't interesting anymore. So for them to be holding Lee off TV, I don't think it's pathetic, lazy or uncreative. That's what they are already doing with a decent portion of the roster. So something is up here. Either he's hurt or something, or they are being patient.
    Bingo! Even if you're winning all your matches, you're going to look less like a star meandering and doing nothing just to be on TV as opposed to sitting at home until they actually have something of substance for you to do.
    https://youtu.be/wue-ZFnEta8
    My latest (and hopefully last) Covid-Era show

Comment

How ever, let's take one concept that the WWE beats to death....Rematches every fucking week!

Let's take a look at Drew and Lashley. They have been facing each other basically every week for a few months now. How many more times do we need to see Drew vs Lashley? And all signs are pointing to the two of them facing off one more time at HIAC.

With guys like Alestair Black, Keith Lee, Angel Garza, Humberto, and recently released Andrade, Samoa Joe who were all sitting at home with nothing to do, the WWE could have had them in weekly matchups where they might lose to Drew or Lashley, but build up their stock while doing so. Look at what the ladder match loss against Taker did for Jeff Hardy. That made him a star. same could be said for Cesaro against Roman. The aforementioned stars do not have to win, but show the world that they are soon to be next in line for pushes. You could even have Dusty finishes.

For instance, have Lee re-debut, and take Lashley to the limit on a RAW, where he hits his pounce followed by his Spirit Bomb only for MVP to hit him with the cane for a DQ. Shows off Lee and gives him instant street cred, but he still loses, even though he won.

Comment

That's a different issue. I'm not disputing that WWE could be using their time much better, and much less rematches. But let's be honest, it's not changing anytime soon. So using the reality that WWE does do it this way, Lee is better off waiting.

Comment

In theory, you can raise someone's stock with a loss if the match is well done. But if your intention is to push Keith Lee to the main event, he should be losing as little as possible.

Neither Lashley nor McIntyre are the caliber of Ric Flair where he could take Brian Pillman and make him look like a main event star in a loss with one match.

I personally have been calling for years for WWE to rotate talent in and out throughout the year. If someone isn't your John Cena that you need on TV every week, rotate the people who you want to be top stars if you don't have a top program for them. Have them out of sight and out of mind, rather than just being one of the boys on the roster. There aren't many guys in WWE on that Bobby/Drew/Roman level where they feel head and shoulders above everyone else, and a big part of that is those three guys generally aren't around doing meaningless stuff each week.

Even winning cold matches, unless you're getting a push like Goldberg squashing job guys to build you up with a purpose, ruins that aura, makes you feel less special and hurts you more than just not being around.
          https://youtu.be/wue-ZFnEta8
          My latest (and hopefully last) Covid-Era show

Comment

So it sounds like he was actually quite seriously ill (COVID related?) during that whole run people were talking about earlier?

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

Comment

Yeah, I believe he got Covid but once he recovered a medical test revealed a heart condition which is what kept him out for so long. Thankfully it appears he's all healthy now

Comment

Hopefully that's long-term good health.

Meanwhile, I've read they're putting him in dark matches for now to try and bring him back as a new 'monster heel'.

Comment

He's a great example of a talent who benefits from a certain showcase (like NXT) but shows weaknesses in a bigger spotlight. He's not bad on the mic, but he's not someone you can have do an show opening promo. He needs work, but you know there's great potential. So I hope he's not a future release due to budget cuts.

Comment

If the repackaging, that has been reported, and beginning on dark matches doesn't work, he may very well be Budget Cut.

Comment

That repackaging.... 'Bearcat' Lee, huh? Did not see that one coming.

Comment

I like it. Any nickname is always a good thing, in my opinion, and the 'new attitude' comes across well. I'd actually be quite keen to see Lee moved over to Smackdown in the draft, just to give a completely fresh slate to work from.

Comment

How long has it been since he was beating Randy Orton clean on PPV in under ten minutes? 5-6 years?

Comment

It hit me last night, and I know I admit I was a little slow on the uptake, but Bearcat is a good nickname for him.

The size and strength of a Bear, and the agility of a Cat.

And, Lee was beating Orton closer to 10 years ago.

AND, I know I sound like a broken record, but last night Graves mentioned that Lee is now over 340lbs, and his belly is still big. The added weight and size will slow him down. I'm not sure why they don't have him drop around 25-40lbs?

As compared to Lashley, Big E, Drew, Roman, Orton, Priest, Sheamus, Goldberg, Omos, Jinder, Shanky, Veer, Kross, Mace and T-Bar, all guys that are the "Big Guys", Lee looks fat and sloppy.

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver View Post
                              I like it. Any nickname is always a good thing, in my opinion,.
                              It's just interesting that out of nowhere you'd pick one of the most famous nicknames of a black wrestler from the 1950s and 1960s.

Comment

Originally posted by Powder View Post
                                As compared to Lashley, Big E, Drew, Roman, Orton, Priest, Sheamus, Goldberg, Omos, Jinder, Shanky, Veer, Kross, Mace and T-Bar, all guys that are the "Big Guys", Lee looks fat and sloppy.
                                Isn't that a bit of a double standard when they're pushing females like Nia Jax and Doudrop?

Comment

Working...
                                X