No announcement yet.

Limitless Keith Lee Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They really are in a relationship, and Mia Yim had to quarantine? That explains a lot...

But the WWE told us about Drew, so why not also tell us the same for Lee?

EDIT: Simple google search revealed that Yim tested positive 3 days ago, which means that Lee is in quarantine. But again, why not just say that Lee had to quarantine?
    Powder
    Last edited by Powder; 02-02-2021, 10:07 AM.

Comment

BECAUSE IF IT'S NOT ON WWE TV, IT"S NOT OFFICIAL.

Mia and Keith being an item is not canon.

Comment

YOUR POINT IS IRRELEVANT.

THE WWE DOES NOT have to say that 'Keith Lee's girlfriend, Mia Yim, tested positive", they can simply and easily acknowledge and justify that 'Keith Lee has to quarantine because he came into contact with someone who tested positive."

No mention of Yim.

Every professional sport, does not go into detail about who is quarantining and why, they just say Player X has to quarantine due to covid protocols. The WWE can and should do the same.
        Powder
        Last edited by Powder; 02-02-2021, 11:07 AM.

Comment

My point isn't relevant. WWE is a story based show, not a professional sport. There's absolutely no reason to set up any ties between Mia and Keith, especially while she's in Retribution. Even alluding to it makes no sense.

Comment

You do not have to elude to any ties at all. Just say that Lee came into contact with someone who tested positive.

I know you do not watch AEW, but when they had performers in quarantine, they simply acknowledged that the wrestlers are in quarantine. And that was it. No details.

Comment

Who cares? Some midcarder stops turning up on TV. So what? They addressed Drew not showing up because he was going to be off screen when he's a lynchpin of the show and his sudden - unexplained - absence would really impact their storylines and what they could do on TV. Keith Lee could just as easily not have a match/promo one week and not appear as a result.

The guy's not even in a title picture of any sort, his absence isn't being felt.

Comment

The main reason was that he was not in the Rumble. That is kind of major

Comment

Originally posted by Powder View Post
                  You do not have to elude to any ties at all. Just say that Lee came into contact with someone who tested positive.

I know you do not watch AEW, but when they had performers in quarantine, they simply acknowledged that the wrestlers are in quarantine. And that was it. No details.
                  Have AEW done that, though? They did when Mox had to delay a title defense because Renee was positive. They did when Archer had to miss his title shot. I can't think of any other times that they have. And Jericho has said he had it in the fall (after fucking Strugis), one of the Bucks had it right in the middle of their heel turn and they had to employ a stunt leg rather than say anything, and there was apparently an outbreak in WWE, AEW and Impact recently and I don't recall them saying anything about it.

I think the people who noticed Keith Lee missed the Rumble are a minority. I know I didn't even know until you mentioned it. It would be one thing if they'd made a big deal out of him being in the match and had to pull him, but he just wasn't in it. This isn't Steve Austin getting sick and having to miss the Rumble unexpectedly. This is an upper midcard guy not being in the match.
                  https://youtu.be/wue-ZFnEta8
                  My latest (and hopefully last) Covid-Era show

Comment

The main reason was that he was not in the Rumble. That is kind of major
                    I mean, I watched the Rumble and didn't even realise until you said here.

Comment

YOUR POINT IS IRRELEVANT.

THE WWE DOES NOT have to say that 'Keith Lee's girlfriend, Mia Yim, tested positive", they can simply and easily acknowledge and justify that 'Keith Lee has to quarantine because he came into contact with someone who tested positive."

No mention of Yim.

Every professional sport, does not go into detail about who is quarantining and why, they just say Player X has to quarantine due to covid protocols. The WWE can and should do the same.
                      Yet they can’t stop linking Becky Lynch and Seth Rollins whenever the opportunity presents itself. I have no problem with it either way, but WWE continues to play fast and loose and be fickle on discretionary decisions.

Comment

When they did it with Rollins and Lynch, they were the Champions of the brand. Their relationship was well known in social media and Dirtsheets. They were both babyfaces

Lee and Yim were merely friends, and I've yet to see anything confirming they are in fact more than friends. It's a lot more low key, so WWE don't treat it the same way. Yim is involved in a heel stable about causing havoc everywhere, while Lee is a babyface.

If you don't see the difference, I'm not sure what else to tell you.
                        PEN15v2
                        Last edited by PEN15v2; 02-09-2021, 01:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by PEN15v2 View Post

If you don't see the difference, I'm not sure what else to tell you.
                          Totally uncalled for.

Comment

You described WWE as fast and loose when deciding which couples they promote on TV in kayfabe. I described the major distinction that proves that idea wrong.

If me pointing that out offends you, once again I'm not sure what else to tell you.

Comment

Have they ever acknowledged Bianca Belair and Montez Ford being married on the main roster? I know they did it on NXT a couple of times, often on those 'here arriving are the Street Profits' bits where they film people turning up before a match.

Then again, they've not openly referenced Scarlett and Karrion being in a relationship on NXT. Obviously, they're linked, but I don't think they've stated they're in a relationship. So it is variable for whatever reason(s).

Just watched Lee vs Riddle from Raw and thought it was outstanding.

Comment

Sort of. A few times Bianca has said 'her husband' and then Ford comes over, and especially when she won the Rumble, in the backstage interview, she said her husband Tez. Also in the Chronicle, they showed both of them and talked about them being married. Yes that is not in kayfabe, but on the Network and a promoted show to watch.

Comment

Working...
                                X