NXT

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really? Another match between the two. Surely I can’t be the only one who says no thanks.
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Heisenberg
      Really? Another match between the two. Surely I can’t be the only one who says no thanks.
      They have really good matches and this could be a story for Gargano's redemption.

Comment

• I honestly think they're not being called up anytime soon so I don't think doing another singles match with them is in the plans for Mania weekend.

Loved the Riddle/Ohno match actually. One of the most different matches on the card.. considering we had both singles title matches go long with the tried formula.

Great tag match.

Didn't love Bianca/Shayna but Sam Roberts saying Bianca wasn't ready for the spot in a kayfabe preshow where she was actually undefeated going into was pretty ridiclous.
        Last edited by LK3185; 01-27-2019, 05:03 PM.

Comment

• If that was Sam Roberts going into podcast mode he deserves to get flogged. That was almost outrageous and the type of stuff that gets me off of a lot of the talking head sports shows.

“How great the tremors will be when the judge comes."

Comment

• Someone pointed out to me that Gargano's gear going from Captain America (for his Street Fight with Ciampa) to The Punisher (for his match with Black) to Dark Phoenix (for his match with Ricochet) is a very specific (and nerdy) storytelling device, which until now I'd not considered but think is absolutely excellent - he's gone from the clean cut hero, to the chaotic neutral 'anti-hero', to someone who the darkness has completely overwhelmed.

Very nice touch.

Comment

• Originally posted by LK3185
              Didn't love Bianca/Shayna but Sam Roberts saying Bianca wasn't ready for the spot in a kayfabe preshow where she was actually undefeated going into was pretty ridiclous.
              Originally posted by Macho Mourn
              If that was Sam Roberts going into podcast mode he deserves to get flogged. That was almost outrageous and the type of stuff that gets me off of a lot of the talking head sports shows.
              See, I didn't think that it was that odd. There's more to "being ready" in a storyline sense than being undefeated. Bianca walked in to that match with less than three years experience. Meanwhile, Shayna (as much as I don't like her) has been fighting professionally for 13 years, was in UFC, dominated the women's division in 2018 and has beaten tried, tested and experienced pro wrestlers in Ember Moon, Nikki Cross and Kairi Sane. If those girls couldn't beat Baysler, why should we believe that the inexperienced Belair was going to just because she came in undefeated?

If pro wrestling were a real sport, which we should ostensibly want them to treat it as on the pre-show, every commentator in the world would say that Belair wasn't ready. She's beaten girls on NXT (and didn't win the MYC so I don't exactly know how "undefeated" she really is), but if you want to get really into the weeds with it, the "fight math" says that Kairi Sane knocked Belair out of the MYC and had been her only loss in WWE...who is it that just wrapped up with Sane?

So yeah, I wouldn't look at those comments cross if Joe Rogan made them on a UFC pre-show about someone, or about a young QB heading into the Superbowl. That really should have been the story going in at the end of the day: is the inexperienced but undefeated Bianca Belair ready to face the battle hardened pro that's beaten a who's who of women's professional wrestling in the last 18 months. If he'd said that she's not over enough, or that she's not ready "for them to put the belt on her", that would be a different story, but I saw it was a guy being very real about her odds of winning a match with someone more experienced and arguably "better" than her.
              Last edited by Team Farrell; 01-28-2019, 10:48 AM.
              https://youtu.be/wue-ZFnEta8
              My latest (and hopefully last) Covid-Era show

Comment

• Would never give away spoilers here but I want to say I loved what they did at the tapings last night to combat them.

Comment

• The traditionalist in me hates it, but the part of me that knows that everyone in the building knows it's a work makes me love the ability to prevent spoilers.

Comment

• Well, Sam Roberts is refusing to apologize for his comments. However, isn't the point of NXT to train the talent so they can be good enough to go to main programs? Of course not everyone who is in NXT will be perfect.

Comment

• Halftime Heat was a lot of fun. I wonder if this leads to more live stuff from the performance center. It looked like a fine venue for something like that.

Comment

• Give me more Bugenhagen. That guy’s entrance was awesome.

Enjoyed the air guitar abdominal stretch.

Last edited by comfortablynumb; 02-07-2019, 12:02 AM.

Comment

• Who the fuck is that guy? Where did he come from? And why is this cheesy bullshit instantly my favourite thing in the entire business of pro wrestling?

Comment

• That guy's gonna get mega over.

“How great the tremors will be when the judge comes."

Comment

• In NXT. Its not gonna play on the main roster.

Trips saw Tana's air guitar and said "Money!"

Comment

• I’m not sure what’s going on with this recent NXT promotion on the main shows. I still don’t think these four are getting called up for good but if they all keep winning maybe they are. My only other thought is are we seeing the emergence of a legit third brand? Maybe it still stay network only but they expand to two hours each week. There’s supposed to be an announcement this week.

I love Ciampa treating Sheamus like he’s Kona Reeves in his body manner. He might be smaller but he don’t give a shit. He’s nothing to the greatest sports entertainer in the business.

Now promote Bugenheim.
                                Last edited by comfortablynumb; 02-19-2019, 09:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎