No announcement yet.

Chad Gable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pretty sure that tag team would interfere with Ali's never ending barrage of inspirational Twitter promos that he thinks will get him noticed and instead do jack shit...on second thought yes. Let's roll with Ali G!

Comment

I will say at least Gable is on tv

And for an Ali G tag team

Comment

If nothing else it'll be hilarious and can eventually lead to them wrestling Tyler Breeze and that guy that was once over during Wrestlemania weekend before he flamed out quicker that Lou Bega. What was his name? Alex Wright Jr.?

Comment

That’s disrespectful to the Alex Wright

Comment

That's true! That wannabe could never fill the boots of the greatest wrestler to never hold a world title!

Comment

Originally posted by anonymous View Post
              It’s going to totally destroy him and his credibility. I’m shocked they’ve gone ahead with it.
              It's one of the silliest things we've ever seen on WWE. But...

Originally posted by LK3185 View Post
              I will say at least Gable is on tv
              This is one of the benefits of it. There's definitely a better way to go about it, but there's a way for it to work. I don't have faith in WWE to make it work, but there is a chance. And the worst that can happen is they realize it sucks, and he moves to another brand as Chad Gable and it's a lateral move.

That's the one thing I've realized about stupid ideas like this, and that's it thankfully rarely ruins a career. I'm not saying it's never happened. But more often than not, when WWE sees something failing as monumentally as this likely will, they don't stay the course. They try to fix it.

And I'll always side with a booker who tries something, even if it's risky, than with those that just put guys out there without any direction. A wrestler with the character of "athletic athlete" is a dime a dozen. Gable obviously has much more potential and true credits to his name than most others, but I'll prefer them trying something than nothing.

But of all things to try... this? sigh...

Comment

I think they were better off having gable be King Corbin's servant. Similar to how HBK was "working" for JBL back in 2009.

Comment

I can't believe people have doubted Alex Wright in this thread. Your names are in the book, doubters.

And Cult, I've already detailed that Alex Wright's illegitimate son was born to an Irish mother and has a Germanic demon inside of him:

Comment

Alex Wright could never father a child as disappointing as Finn Balor.

Comment

That's very true, a man with a package as impressive as Mr Alex Wright can never father a let down.

Comment

How is the team with Ali shaking out, now?

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

Comment

Who? This Shorty G gimmick that makes Vince laugh is killing a great wrestler.

Yes he had a match against Dash Wilder on Friday on SDL. Sigh.

The Revival as biding their time....
                          Last edited by Powder; 01-07-2020, 10:01 AM.

Comment

So I missed this, but sounds like Chad Gable/Shorty G/Whatever he goes by now is a heel again?

That continues his trend of turning about once a year since the break-up of American Alpha.

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

Comment

Not really. I'm not sure where they are going with it. The Riddle vs Corbin angle isn't part of SummerSlam, so the whole thing seems to be a background angle right now. But Corbin put a bounty on Riddle, and Gable attempted to earn it by attacked Riddle. The next week Shorty G apologized to Riddle, saying it was out of character, and then Corbin blindsided Riddle while his attention was on G. While that sounds heelish, G also told Corbin the attack was a mistake and wanting nothing to do with the King anymore, and when Corbin attacked Riddle, G "acted" like he had nothing to do with it.

Basically, it's not clear where they are going yet. IT could be Corbin taking advantage of Gable's need to make a name for himself, or it could be a turn.

Comment

There was some talk a little while ago that they might change his name back at least

Comment

Working...
                                X