No announcement yet.

Chad Gable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've heard pretty good things about the Roode and Gable team overall - like, they might not be the most compelling in terms of their gimmick but that they've 'kept an end down' as they say in cricket, and brought back a solid core with whatever they've been doing.

I dunno, only saw their stuff with Revival on Main Event. Anyone got any wider thoughts to add?

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

Comment

Not really. I mean they retained over The Revival towards the end of December by dubious means and it's unfortunate that AOP took the fall and lost the belts to them, but I suppose there's worse pairings that could be holding the tag belts right now.

Comment

So I hear these guys have gone heel?

Can't see that really working for Gable long term but people have begging to see Roode turn pretty much since day one of the face run.

Comment

They did, both both are just there. They are now like a severely watered down version of the Bar.

Comment

The heel turn is just random and doesn't really advance anything for them, tbh.

Comment

I've now seen Gable's two matches against Gallagher on 205 Live. They seem to have gone down pretty well, but maybe I'm just a bit jaded but I'm not sure that you can make enough noise down there for it to be his big break.

Comment

Probably not, but Ali was apparently booked to become the WWE title contender at WrestleMania. Hard to tell, though.

Comment

Is it true that they've changed his name to 'Shorty'?

Comment

I mean, they seem to at least be using it as a nickname for him. I don't know why, it's a little bit stupid.

Comment

Seems that way

Comment

Originally posted by Prime Time View Post
                        Is it true that they've changed his name to 'Shorty'?
                        I didn't notice it until the end of the match when he was declared the winner, but it seems that way now.

Comment

Cole even commented that the ring announce called him shorty, and said that the announcer should,be fired.

Then in a backstage interview, Gable accepted it.

This is just another Vince finding this funny BS.
                          Last edited by Powder; 10-07-2019, 10:05 AM.

Comment

His WWE profile makes the name change official. Even his freakin' Titantron video now says "Shorty Gable".

I'm all for talented people taking any opportunities to be featured more on TV. But I don't know if anyone could overcome this unscathed. Damn shame.

Comment

It’s going to totally destroy him and his credibility. I’m shocked they’ve gone ahead with it.

Comment

To Mizfan;

I personally recommend watching Gable's matches with Jack Gallagher on 205Live for the brief time he was there. Great outings.

Also, funk WWE for renaming him in this way. Just waiting for him to form a tag team called Ali G with (Mustafa) Ali.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X