Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PEN15v2
    replied
    Not exactly. He turned heel last year, but flirted with being a baby when it was a convenience for his character. But he's subtlety been a dick this whole time. It's really Otis that seemed to turn heel, due to Gable's dick influence.

Leave a comment:

• Prime Time
    replied
    I hear that he's already turned again, and saw someone say that it's now an average of a turn a year for Gable since he moved up to the main roster.

Leave a comment:

• Buzzard Guts
    replied
    He can be the David Spade to Otis' Chris Farley.

Leave a comment:

• Powder
    replied
    But Otis was more coherent last night with his talking with KO. Less 'Otis" and more actual person.

Leave a comment:

• The Cook
    replied
    Yeah he's taken Otis under his wing, which could be good but they've pretty much just moved Otis from one over tag team to one that isn't. Similar to Peyton Royce.

Leave a comment:

• Prime Time
    replied
    Originally posted by Powder View Post
    A few things...

1. We need to rename this thread back to the Chad Gable thread.
    I was originally going to leave this, both because we don't need to change the name of a thread every time someone changes gimmick and because it stood as a monument to bad WWE creative. But then I got bored. So have at it, the renamed thread.

I hear he's doing something where he's recruiting people to an 'Alpha Academy' now?

Leave a comment:

• Oliver
    replied
    Originally posted by T.O. View Post
    Wasn't there already a pretty well received Gable vs Styles match on SmackDown years ago?
    There was - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysJJXJyqo0c

It's a shame that WWE never really put a lot into Gable, because he's certainly a great in ring guy and could probably work with most of the top talent(s) on the roster. Aside from the size points - and let's be honest, that's less of a concern nowadays given the type of wrestlers that have risen to the top recently through NXT - I would have thought he had everything that WWE was looking for in ring.

Maybe he just needs that 3-4 week run of strong in ring appearances to get a little push towards the midcard titles - he certainly wouldn't have looked that out of place mixing it up with Styles, Hardy, and Zayn recently in the IC title mix.

Leave a comment:

• Degenerate
    replied
    I'd be very surprised if the WWE does anything with Gable at this point. They've squandered just about everything related to him since leaving NXT and they clearly don't seem to care much about him at all to let him do anything of interest for longer than a couple of weeks.

Leave a comment:

• T.O.
    replied
    Wasn't there already a pretty well received Gable vs Styles match on SmackDown years ago?

Leave a comment:

• Powder
    replied
    A few things...

1. We need to rename this thread back to the Chad Gable thread.

2. I hope that we do not get the smiling Chad Gable back. I really hope that we can have a pissed off, work horse wrestler the likes of Kurt Angle. I want Gable to have a chip on his shoulder, because of the lack of direction that he has been given for a few years, and especially with the Shorty G gimmick. Build him up through his matches and eventually have him win the IC title.

I know that Gable will never be WWE or Uni Champion, due to his lack of height, but he could be a great US or IC Champion.

Could you just imagine the matches we could possibly get in the near future if they let him be the Angle type of guy?

Gable vs Bryan
    Gable vs Mysterio
    Gable vs Rollins
    Gable vs Murphy
    Gable vs Black
    Gable vs KO
    Gable vs Big E
    Gable vs Reigns

Then from the RAW roster:

Gable vs AJ
    Gable vs Riddle
    Gable vs Cedric
    Gable vs Shelton
    Gable vs Orton
    Gable vs Drew

Leave a comment:

• Funker
    replied
    There was some talk a little while ago that they might change his name back at least

Leave a comment:

• PEN15v2
    replied
    Not really. I'm not sure where they are going with it. The Riddle vs Corbin angle isn't part of SummerSlam, so the whole thing seems to be a background angle right now. But Corbin put a bounty on Riddle, and Gable attempted to earn it by attacked Riddle. The next week Shorty G apologized to Riddle, saying it was out of character, and then Corbin blindsided Riddle while his attention was on G. While that sounds heelish, G also told Corbin the attack was a mistake and wanting nothing to do with the King anymore, and when Corbin attacked Riddle, G "acted" like he had nothing to do with it.

Basically, it's not clear where they are going yet. IT could be Corbin taking advantage of Gable's need to make a name for himself, or it could be a turn.

Leave a comment:

• Prime Time
    replied
    So I missed this, but sounds like Chad Gable/Shorty G/Whatever he goes by now is a heel again?

That continues his trend of turning about once a year since the break-up of American Alpha.

Leave a comment:

• Powder
    replied
    Who? This Shorty G gimmick that makes Vince laugh is killing a great wrestler.

Yes he had a match against Dash Wilder on Friday on SDL. Sigh.

The Revival as biding their time....
    Last edited by Powder; 01-07-2020, 10:01 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Prime Time
    replied
    How is the team with Ali shaking out, now?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X