Shayna Baszler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shayna Baszler

So the good, Baszler attacking Becky to set up their WM feud.

The bad. What the hell is that biting of her in the back of the neck, and the worst fake blood.

I didn't think it was bad. It shocked me, and made an impression. Seems effective in my opinion.

Comment

I guess it's just to make her seem vicious.

If Marina and Jessamyn show up next week in tight trousers and frilly white shirts, though, then we'll start talking about vampire cults.

Comment

Originally posted by PEN15v2 View Post
        I didn't think it was bad. It shocked me, and made an impression. Seems effective in my opinion.
        Originally posted by Oliver View Post
        I guess it's just to make her seem vicious.
        The segment could have been just as impressive if Baszler hurt Becky by like 'breaking her arm', or took her out as she did. But biting her neck, with the horrible fake blood?

Jericho shoving the spike into Moxley's eye was vicious, Orton giving Edge (and Hardy) the one man conchairto was vicious, 'breaking someone's ankle by using the chair spot' is vicious, powerbombing Becky through a table would have been vicious, but biting someone's neck is just weird.

Originally posted by Oliver View Post
        If Marina and Jessamyn show up next week in tight trousers and frilly white shirts, though, then we'll start talking about vampire cults.
        Call them the Nest.
        Last edited by Powder; 02-11-2020, 07:29 AM.

Comment

"if they'd have done this instead, I would have liked it better".

It's cool if you didn't like it, but I can't think of a time I watched a movie or show and said what you are implying.

They tried something new and different. I found the bite placement to be the weirdest part, but because they needed to fake it and then bandage it up for the Becky promo later, I get it.

Comment

I wasn't meaning to suggest what Shayna should have done, I was pointing out what others have done to be vicious. I was commenting that the biting aspect is just weird.

BUT, there are plenty of times that movies or shows do things that make me say, what or why did they do that. For instance, I am a big comic book show and movie fan, and we all have similar complaints to what they have characters do. For instance, I literally said yesterday, that in the TV show the Flash, I was rooting for a character's death, as she is just awful.

I liked the attempt at a new approach, but I think it was not as effective as other recent vicious attacks as other wrestlers have done, including one on the same show, in Orton's attack on Hardy.

As I said, look to recent history, like the past 3-4 weeks.

Jericho spikes Moxley in the eye.
            Moxley keys Santana in the eye.
            Orton one man conchairtos Edge and Matt Hardy.
            MJF and Wardlow literally whip Cody.
            Bryan and the Fiend beat each other with a leather strap.
            Roderick Strong tries to break Keith Lee's ankle with the stomp from the top rope onto the steel chair around Lee's ankle spot.
            And a little further back, Dakota Kai, takes out Tegan Nox with the use of the WarGames holding cell door, and then Nox's own knee brace.

Then Baszler bites the back of Becky's neck. Which one seems weird and weaker? That is all I am saying. There are other ways to 'hurt' Becky, that are not weird. It seems like the WWE went for 'shock value' and to me it fell short, and went into a confusing category. Now if this was 20 years ago, and Gangrel or Vampiro did it, it would be in character, but this made no sense, and was just weird. Especially with the horrible fake blood.
            Last edited by Powder; 02-11-2020, 08:27 AM.

Comment

Well hey, fuck it, maybe Shayna is going to be a vampire character. Maybe it's all just a lead in to that?

Maybe Becky will take the Buffy role. And Regal can be Giles. Charlotte is Cordelia, Bayley is Willow, and Sasha is Xander.

I hope someone out there is writing this fan fic right now, otherwise I'm going to be really disappointed.

Comment

I never watched the show, so I have no idea to what you are talking about, but the movie from 1992. Now you are talking.

Comment

I want to slap Dave Meltzer. He was on his audio show mocking Vince saying they don't want to use "blood and guts" when they did that angle.

Jesus fucking Christ Meltzer is a fuckwhit. Does he not understand context? Is he not capable of understanding that there's a difference between a little blood in that angle and a FUCKING MOUSETRAP BOARD or (fake) convoluted barbed wire "web", or shoving broken glass or thumbtacks in someone's mouths?

Meltzer is a dumbfuck, and if I ever have the opportunity to meet Alvarez I'm going to slap him.
                  https://youtu.be/wue-ZFnEta8
                  My latest (and hopefully last) Covid-Era show

Comment

They pander to an audience who are making the same comment across the internet. I'll never blame these guys for marketing to the audience that felates them at every chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Farrell View Post
                      I want to slap Dave Meltzer. He was on his audio show mocking Vince saying they don't want to use "blood and guts" when they did that angle.

Jesus fucking Christ Meltzer is a fuckwhit. Does he not understand context? Is he not capable of understanding that there's a difference between a little blood in that angle and a FUCKING MOUSETRAP BOARD or (fake) convoluted barbed wire "web", or shoving broken glass or thumbtacks in someone's mouths?

Meltzer is a dumbfuck, and if I ever have the opportunity to meet Alvarez I'm going to slap him.

You're being pretty hysterical or misunderstanding. You do realize that Vince is the same guy that was just a few years ago sending referees into matches to clean up even a little bit of blood, right? In some Brock Lesnar main event PPV match, he got a little bit of blood, and the referee immediately tried to get into the middle of it and tried to clean him off, so Brock just told him to fuck off and shoved him away to applause from the audience. That was a Vince McMahon rule 'no blood'. And now he's doing this.

I don't see why Meltzer or Alvarez pointing this out would prompt you to want to slap them in the face. It's just Vince being contradictory and schizophrenic yet again, what else is new?
                      Last edited by Alan; 02-15-2020, 10:55 PM.

Comment

It's schizophrenic to change policies after 4 years?

Comment

Originally posted by PEN15v2 View Post
                          It's schizophrenic to change policies after 4 years?
                          It's schizophrenic to swing from extremes without any reasoning behind it, yes. From 'Even if there's a little bit of blood, we'll immediately send in a referee to interject and try to clean up the blood, potentially even ruining the match and killing all the tension, because we're very clean and PG, and we don't do any blood, no sirree!' to 'Just use as much as you want'.

It would have been reasonable to have had a 'Use blood sparingly, and purposefully, and make it matter' the whole time, instead of this crazy back and forth between Vince's random whims.

Also, weren't they once upon a time also fining people money for using blood in their matches? Lol.

Comment

Hmm... you are astoundingly incorrect, because I seem to remember a main event of SummerSlam with planned blood a few years back. The talk of blood being banned and people being fined seemed to be something discussed in dirtsheets and within fans, but not in any official terms. It feels that blood is to be used sparingly, and not to let it be the focus of the show. Judging by how the Shayna/Becky segment went, it also feels that over-the-top unrealisitc blood feels safer than realistic.

If you're going to attack WWE or Vince, there are plenty of legit reasons. But being a "I'll add LOL to my comment to ridicule whoever I'm replying to" anti-WWE fan without any real reason makes no sense.

Any business changes and evolves as they go. From Orton vs Brock years back, to Shayna attacking Becky, it feels like planned blood is saved for what they deem to be special occasions. How that makes them schizophrenic is beyond me, but you do you, my friend. Just continue to add LOL to feel better about yourself.

Comment

They've used blood capsules a number of times over the past few years. Their problem isn't that they're PG and "oh my gosh, children might see some blood". It's an issue of bloodborn diseases and being sanitary. That's why a finish like Brock vs Orton is used so sparingly, and why it's the finish.

They've put an end to stopping matches and segments dead at the slightest hint of hard way blood, because they listened to their fans. They realized they'd overreacted, and dialed it back a bit. But the referees will still throw those gloves on for a simple scraped elbow from mat burn, because they don't want people interacting with other peoples' blood any more than they have to.

To not recognize the difference between fake blood in an angle or a little blood a little of the time, and calling something "blood an guts" that's had barbed wire/glass/thumbtacks/staple guns/other deathmatch bullshit used on over half of the pay per view shows they've produced, is either purposely missing the point or being fucking stupid.
                              https://youtu.be/wue-ZFnEta8
                              My latest (and hopefully last) Covid-Era show

Comment

Working...
                              X