LA Knight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LA Knight

Drake is one of the most interesting people in Impact wrestling, and he even bought us the glorious Scott Steiner back for Pete's sake! He needs a thread!

I enjoy Eli Drake. Have done since not long after his debut. When I was on the outs with the promotion he was one of the few bright lights for me.

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

Comment

E! Li! Drake! Even though he's pretty transparently doing a Rock imitation at all times, he's very good at it and I find him very fun to listen to. Last time I checked his wrestling was a bit basic, but he's got enough personality to make up for that. Definitely one of the guys Impact should be building around for the future.

The '92 Rumble! The Brain's Finest Hour!

Comment

Drake was taking a shot at bits of modern wrestling the other day, hardcore wrestling, flippy wrestling, saying he liked it geared to adults but not HLA or Katie Vick and that shit that came about after Attitude

Comment

Giving this a bump because I'm left speculating what he'll end up doing now that he's parted ways with Impact wrestling. The thing is that the opinions that led to them deciding to go their separate ways are the kind of thing that might limit his opportunities in some indy circles so you wonder where he might pitch up.

Comment

I think AEW would be smart to snap him up. He's got those mic/character chops after all.

Comment

My understanding is Drake cannot sign anywhere for quite awhile because Impact found out he had breached his contract by negotiating with AEW and WWE when he wasn't supposed to. I don't know the full details on it, but I believe he'll have to sit for a bit before he can make a move.

Comment

Sucks to hear, hate to have time ticking away on anybody's career due to legal red tape.

Comment

Sounds like sitting could be over, NWA have tweeted that he's signed with them.

Comment

I'm honestly just glad to hear he's working somewhere. I'm not entirely sold on the NWA as a brand still but they've been growing on me a lot, and I think Drake will be a huge asset to them.

Comment

They've been doing probably my favourite bits in wrestling of late, as I said in their thread with my post that killed it stone dead!

I assume he's coming in to go into the mix, can't see him just simply taking a backseat, which means Aldis is going to be in the crosshairs before too long.

Comment

Potentially good move all around. Corgan said recently the goal is to soon have consistent shows, whether they be on YouTube, a network, etc. I think Aldis has done a fantastic job, but he needs more than outsiders to play with.
                        sigpic

Comment

Turns out LA Knight has had a thread for a while, just forgot to move it into the right forum.

Comment

Working...
                          X