No announcement yet.

Classic TNA Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think as it stands that's the last match Hogan wrestled so at least you got to witness some history there.

Comment

Sadly, they had the same match at the Manchester show the following night!

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

Comment

Ha, the chance to see Hogan main event in the 2010s! What a time. Must have been very nearly his last match too.

The '92 Rumble! The Brain's Finest Hour!

Comment

Second to last - he couldn't even do the legdrop which was a bit of a bummer, but otherwise it was quite a thrill because he was relatively 'unstained' back then. People lost their minds to see Hogan and Sting even in 2012, it was something to see.

Comment

I believe it, even I got some enjoyment out of Hogan in that run. The once planned Bully Ray/Hogan match could have been a fun spectacle but as you said, that was around the time everything went sideways.

Comment

Yeah, it's amazing how quick what they had fell apart. I know you still managed to get something out of the next couple of years but for me it went from outperforming WWE to damn near unwatchable in the matter of a few weeks there. All very disillusioning

Thinking about it - this was probably the last time I went to a wresting show where the crowd didn't ruin it for me - or at the very least take the edge of the experience. Every time I went after this, no matter how much I enjoyed bits and pieces there was always a 'yeah, but....' about the people who were sat around me.

Comment

Even if you're like me and you still enjoyed some stuff from the period that followed, it's impossible to deny that things were thrown into chaos. Hogan leaving suddenly before BFG even though they were still working angles around him. AJ going overnight from jaded lone wolf to doing a muddled version of MITB '11 Punk. That weird reverse ladder match where Magnus became world champion. Things got weird, at the very least.

Comment

You know what's weird, though? I really liked this period of TNA, but I can't remember a single match that I'd go back and rewatch as a match. I enjoyed the storylines for the most part (the odd moment of garbage aside, but I was still a bit more forgiving then). But in-ring, there's nothing on my list of matches that I really enjoyed. I'm not even sure, sat here, what I'd go back to watch if I were forced.

Funny, that. But probably helps explain how I went from there to not watching anything within a few years.

Comment

I continued watching regularly until about the time Alberto Del Rio came in, and from what I remember things starting going downhill once AJ left at the end of '13. I quite liked Magnus but he just didn't work as champion. I think if EC3 had come along a year earlier he'd have been a much better champion coming off the AJ thing.

Comment

I think some of the stuff in '14 and '15 is as good as anything they've done, but it was bumpy for sure. Del Rio was the breaking point for me, the episode he came in on was so overall insufferable that I still have never watched a full episode since.

Comment

There’s no such thing as classic tna
                        See the latest of my Ric Flair saga click here. http://lordsofpain.tv/showthread.php...acock-(Part-2) View my story inspired by colorful wrestlers I've come across in my fandom. http://lordsofpain.tv/showthread.php...-the-Challenge

Comment

Haha, an interesting take. I think there is a lot to love over the years in TNA, as well as a lot to despise.

Comment

2005 was quite a year for them.

Dudleys came in
                            Raven finally won NWA title
                            First Lockdown pay per view
                            Samoa Joe debuted

2006 I enjoyed
                            Sting Jarrett feud
                            Demise Of Team Canada
                            Styles & Daniels as tag team Champs
                            Christian Abyss feud

Comment

2005 was probably their best year overall. No Russo involvement on or off screen and the roster seemed particularly loaded.

Comment

Working...
                              X