FWD 2022 - Background for the King of Earth Fist 3000 tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FWD 2022 - Background for the King of Earth Fist 3000 tournament

* I spent ages writing and tinkering however my entire Card and background just became way to much. So in order to skip everyone having to read a giant wall of text I decided to split things up.
    This is the background for my Universe and not the card, This is just an extra bit of Lore dump to understand the world and why it is how it is. The matches on the Card I will post in a diffrent thread once it's fully completed. So with that out of the way - Enjoy -

Back in the year 1991 the event that changed the world happened It was called Wrestlemania and had the very first Robocop Invitational (RCI). While the entire card was beyond any show ever with people dying, it was the violence of the RCI that opened people eyes.

The Wrestling company WWF was sued for the deaths of multiple wrestlers and hit with state and federal fines, this led to the company having to declare bankrupt. However, a wealthy individual from Japan only known as Mishima from the Zaibatsu Group brought the remnants of the WWF and with his business partners reorganised it to a Yearly Tournament centred around the RCI this tournament was called THE King of Earth Fist Tournament.

The first year invited people from all around the world to compete, however each person had to sign their lives away. No longer was it sports entertainment now it was a battle to the death for the right to be the best on the Planet. A Billion people watched the first year and it became an instant success.

The winners became stars and heroes and the country they where from gained bragging rights. It was then decided this event would happen once every 4 years, however a qualifying tournament would be held two years before it. Unlike the main tournament these matches where considered traditional as they ended in KO, Submission or I Quit.

After the first 5 tournaments the governments of the world started getting more involved and begun to select fighters and train them to gain glory for their home. Wars stopped and world peace was achieved with countries now putting their resources into winning and gaining the best fighter in the world.

In the year 2122 the governments of the world decided that the superpower of the world would be based on the winner from the Robocop Invitational tournament – It grew with multiple matches and championships outside of the main RCI tournament, Now the tournament became a new beast.
    Diplomatic issues and trade disputes were decided in battle, Countries could gain independence or be conquered by the fights at this tournament, it became the most important global event.

In the year 2300 The United Earth Alliance is declared, and they decide the member nation that will head it and lead it for 4 years will be decided by the winner of the RCI.

In the Year 2800 the technology to create artificial humans and cloning technology was discovered and the applications to the tournament were seen very quickly with people now being able to bring back warriors from history and use them in the tournament to fight.

The Year 2990 the first fully historical tournament was held with warriors from the past called forward to fight for the countries, however it was widely thought of as bad as the struggle of the current age wasn’t on display and those who had lived their lives to become heroes was not needed.

The tournament head, a man called Kazama announced the introduction of Summoners and a 10-year hiatus from the tournament to allow for training and strategy with the pre-tournament to be held in 8 years.

The rules

The Zaibatsu Group announced the following rules for the Year 3000 are as followed
    In the year 2995 a summoner must register to partake in the event. They are allowed only one Wrestler which means if you are fighting as a tag team then you need to get a second summoner.

You must register you’re summon – The warriors available are selected from the world from 2022 and any year previous.
    Each tournament will have a different year selection available and won’t normally be given such a wide selection. The warriors available to be selected will be taken at random from a selected year they were active.

You can only use an active and approved warriors only.

A manager can be assigned to a warrior who can assist them by providing special buffs however they had to serve as a manager or partner for that wrestler and they are not allowed to physically interfere with the match unless attacked first. Only two have been approved for this tournament.

As a summoner you will have to train and bring the summon with you, your then responsible for calling out it’s moves in battle. You will be linked to your summon, meaning you will feel the pain it feels and if it dies you die.

As the tournament hasn’t run the RCI will be larger then ever and more battles will be available to sort out any diplomatic issues.

This tournament will be made larger with more matches as it hasn't be held in 10 years.

Nice touch in wetting the appetite by building the world before the event takes place. This felt like a prequel of sorts with your deep dive into how exactly things got to this point.

I really like the creativity on display here. I'm a fan of science fiction so I can appreciate what you're going for here. I liked the story to you, mixing a bunch of pop culture in there. I think this was a Tekken themed event, no? King ofghe Iron Fist tournament? If Jin doesn't show up at the event I'll be disappointed haha.

Theres a shit ton of pressure on the representatives in the tournament to win for their country. This should be insane. I'm curious as to how this turns out.

Good job, mate.

Comment

This looks to be quite insane, and I am here for it.

The '92 Rumble! The Brain's Finest Hour!

Comment

Originally posted by Don Franc View Post
        Nice touch in wetting the appetite by building the world before the event takes place. This felt like a prequel of sorts with your deep dive into how exactly things got to this point.

I really like the creativity on display here. I'm a fan of science fiction so I can appreciate what you're going for here. I liked the story to you, mixing a bunch of pop culture in there. I think this was a Tekken themed event, no? King ofghe Iron Fist tournament? If Jin doesn't show up at the event I'll be disappointed haha.

Theres a shit ton of pressure on the representatives in the tournament to win for their country. This should be insane. I'm curious as to how this turns out.

Good job, mate.
        Yep 100% Tekken inspired. I love Tekken Lore - Don't worry Jin will be there one way of the other

Comment

Working...
        X