Who am I? Challenge Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nope

4 - There is a physician and former world champion in my family.

Comment

• Lawler?

Held office in Memphis
      His son, Brian, had legal troubles and committed suicide while in jail
      Was married to the Kat, which make another family, if you will
      He was a world champion - playing off of Pen's cheeky-ness
      Last edited by Powder; 04-25-2022, 11:11 AM.

Comment

• is it Eddie Graham?

Principle Board Member of the NWA
        Family tragedies - Eddie Graham, Mike Graham, and Eddie's grandson all committed suicide
        The Graham wrestling family is much larger with members including: Crazy Luke Graham; Dr. Jerry Graham and Superstar Billy Graham (your doctor and HW champion respectively)

Comment

• Well done BK

Comment

• Sweet! Let’s give this one a try

1) I have three things in common with Kurt Vonnegut
            2) I am mild mannered and some might say I have been a company man, but I’ve never been above grabbing attention through my actions in and out of the ring.
            3) I have borrowed from Jim Cornette

Comment

• I’ll throw another clue in to see if anyone will bite

1) I have three things in common with Kurt Vonnegut
              2) I am mild mannered and some might say I have been a company man, but I’ve never been above grabbing attention through my actions in and out of the ring.
              4) I have achieved very noteworthy accolades outside of wrestling.
              4) I have lost very personal possessions

Comment

• Jericho?

Comment

• Not Jericho

Comment

• It can't possibly be Kurt...Angle can it?

Comment

• Not Kurt Angle. Going to tweak a clue to be a bit more accurate

1) I have two personal things in common with Kurt Vonnegut and a little known association with one of his titles.
                      5) I have lost very personal possessions
                      Last edited by BK-097; 04-29-2022, 09:52 PM.

Comment

• Don’t know if it’s time to a lack of interest or traffic where but I’ll give this one more shot with additional clues

1) I have two personal things in common with Kurt Vonnegut and a little known association with one of his titles.
                        5) I have lost very personal possessions
                        6) In an extremely ironic circumstance my first real shot in WCW came when Ric Flair took notice of me for the very same in ring approach that he would later deride

Comment

• Foley?

Comment

• yes. I figured that last one would potentially give it away.

1) Foley has the following in common with Vonnegut: both are authors and both were born in Indiana. Additionally Foley was in a faction called Slaughterhouse (an awesome faction in WCW in 1989 with Sullivan, Foley, and Buzz Sawyer). The association I had in mind was to Vonnegut's Slaughterhouse Five
                            2) Foley is for the most part pretty low key: he doesn't drink or do drugs; never had wild exploits on the road BUT he went out of his way to grab attention in the ring in the late 80s and early 90s with his user of the Nestea Plunge and Elbows to the ring floor. He is also a pretty outspoken dude when it comes to politics
                            3) As Mankind, Foley borrowed George the Rat from Cornette for promos
                            4) Foley is well known outside the ring, most notably as a NYT Best Selling Author.
                            5) Foley lost most of an ear and permanent teeth (the former in the ring and the latter in a car accident)
                            6) Flair first took notice of Foley for his wild antics as a worker in and out of the ring and years later blasted him for being a stuntman

Comment

• Cool. Some tough ones there. I'm decently well read, but Vonnegut just never grabbed my attention, so that clue did me no good.

1 - In a couple of ways, his biggest run was associated with post office deliveries
                              2 - His first WWF finisher was a "cutter" (and it might have been the first in WWF history), though it didn't last long until he changed it into the finishing move we saw him use for the rest of his career - but both finishers had the same name.
                              3 - He helped introduce 1 Hall of famer into the F, and likely introduced a future HOFer as well.

Comment

• Marc Mero? He used the TKO in the WWF, and introduced Sable.

Comment

Working...
                                X