Who am I? Challenge Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheeky again....

1. I Worked for 2 of the Big Three promotions in the 90's, and somewhat surprisingly I only won 1 title in these promotions, but I won it twice.
    2. I have had numerous nicknames, but many of these nicknames are all very similar gimmicks
    3. I was part of 4 different named stables in 6 years.

Comment

• Not cheeky enough, as you got it pretty quick.

Comment

• EDIT:

1. I Worked for 2 of the Big Three promotions in the 90's, and somewhat surprisingly I only won 1 type of title in these promotions, but I won it twice in one promotion and once in the other.
        2. I have had numerous nicknames, but many of these nicknames are all very similar gimmicks
        3. I was part of 4 different named stables in 6 years.

Comment

• Kevin Sullivan?

Comment

• YES!!

Worked for ECW and WCW and won the ECW Tag Titles twice with Taz, and WCW Tag Title with Cactus Jack
            Taskmaster, Gamesmaster, The Wizard, Masked Lucifer, and Himself...all kind of the mystical cult leader type of guy
            Was in: Alliance to End Hulkamania, Dungeon of Doom, Three Faces of Fear, and Varsity Club (revival) all from 95-2000.

Comment

1. My 2 most known nicknames were shared with other wrestlers in other promotions at various times, and who were better known by them than I.
              2. One of my WrestleMania opponents and I share an unfortunate distinction that is 2 years apart, though I am the original
              3. My biggest championship success came in a tag team
              Last edited by PEN15v2; 02-06-2021, 12:32 AM.

Comment

• Is it Butch Reed?

The nicknames are the Natural and Hacksaw (I would say Dustin Rhodes and Jim Duggan have claims of greater recognition to these nicknames)

The second clue has to deal with Koko Ware but I don’t know offhand what the tie in is

Most championship success (at the national level) in Doom with Ron Simmons

Comment

• Both Reed (88) and Koko (90) were the first person eliminated in the Royal Rumble. But Reed was the first person eliminated in the very first televised Rumble.

Comment

• Good factoid Pen! I would not have gotten there.

ok let’s see...

1). I have predominantly worked in tags and as part of stables for most of my career.
                    2). I’m talented enough that I’ve never been accused of not deserving of my accolades, despite the fact that I teamed with a promoter’s son and married a booker’s daughter.
                    3). I’ve been managed by two of the very best.

Comment

• Jim Neidhart?

Married Stu's daughter, tagged with both Bret (and Owen), part of the Hart Foundation, both tag teams and stable

Managed by Jimmy Hart and Mr. Fuji
                      Last edited by Powder; 02-06-2021, 03:59 PM.

Comment

• Really good guess Powder. Because you identified what is probably a flaw in my clues by identifying Stu Hart as both the promoter and booker and too much subjectivity in my clue about managers, I’ll make an edit.

1). I have predominantly worked in tags and as part of stables for most of my career.
                        2). I’m talented enough that I’ve never been accused of not deserving of my accolades, despite the fact that I teamed with one promoter’s son and married one booker’s daughter (the booker and promoter are not the same person).
                        3). I’ve been managed by two of the very best and when I say two of the best I believe most fans would include them both in top five managers all time.

Comment

• Fun fact about Jim Neidhart... when I was younger and found out he had married into the Hart family, I thought his name was originally Jim Neid, and he had it hyphenated with Hart when he got married and that’s how he got the last name of Neidhart. Just something silly that I remembered, and I have no guess, so carry on fellas.

Comment

• Gillberg? (just trying to bump the thread)

Comment

• Sorry, missed this bump!

2). I’m talented enough that I’ve never been accused of not deserving of my accolades, despite the fact that I teamed with one promoter’s son and married one booker’s daughter (the booker and promoter are not the same person).
                              3). I’ve been managed by two of the very best and when I say two of the best I believe most fans would include them both in top five managers all time.
                              4). I never worked for the WWWF/WWF/WWE

Comment

• Beautiful Bobby Eaton?

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

Comment

Working...
                                X