X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was a beach bum who lost to a beach bum

Comment

• John Laurenitis (spelling?)

Johnny Ace no connection to his Talent Relations/RAW commissioner role and you could argue that People Power was influenced my offense and gimmick.

Comment

• No, not him either

Comment

• Is it Louie Spicolli?

Comment

• Nope. But you're in extreme vicinity.
            PEN15v2
            Last edited by PEN15v2; 02-22-2020, 09:58 PM.

Comment

• My best guess is Sandman, and if that's not right, I don't have a clue what it could be.

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

Comment

• The 'Singapore Cane' may be hitting on the right international news, but if the Singapore cane is correct then it would have to be Tommy Dreamer b/c his gimmick name was supposed to be pretty boy, but he was a Hardcore legend.

Comment

• I don't see how that works, because his gimmick name is the best known one. But then I don't see how Sandman works with that off the top of my head, either. But I have it in my head that Sandman may have worked a kind of surfer gimmick before they dialled up the hardcore shit.

Comment

• I think you are correct. Sandman did debut as a surfer...but again I am with you n how the names relate or do not relate for that matter.

And double checking, Sandman was inducted into the 'Hardcore HOF' in 2007, and there are only 18 others...so it all fits.
                    Powder
                    Last edited by Powder; 02-23-2020, 11:12 AM.

Comment

• Prime with the win

Comment

• If anyone has a good one ready to go feel free, otherwise I'll post something later.

Comment

• I'll jump in:

1. I am well known and highly regarded for my promo work, but arguably the most famous thing I have ever said comes from outside of wrestling.
                          2. Shockingly, I have only had a total of 3 title reigns in the WWF and WCW, and each reign was for a different title, but I have held one of the titles on multiple occasions.
                          3. I hosted a weekly segment where the title of the segment was used through the segment, which was later 'taken and adapted' into one of the catchphrases of the biggest stars of all time.
                          Powder
                          Last edited by Powder; 02-24-2020, 08:40 AM.

Comment

• Sounds like Piper.

Comment

• it is....

'I am here to chew bubble gum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubble gum', is probably his most famous line he has ever said, and it comes from They Live.

IC Title, WWF Tag Title, and WCW US Title (which he won 3 times, once in WCW, and twice as part of the NWA)

He had a weekly segment called 'The Bottom Line' where he expressed his views on the current situations in the WWF in 1994, then that title and line was adapted into a SCSA catchphrase, not sure if it was intentional or not.

Comment

• It has been 2 days...so to give this thread another bump...

1. I come from a family of professional wrestlers, and I am probably the 3rd most well known out of the five family members in the business.
                                2. One of my nicknames (probably my most well known) and how I entered the ring, would have made Isaac Yankem furious.
                                3. I worked for the WWE, briefly on camera, as an announcer, but I was a producer for the WWE for years.
                                Powder
                                Last edited by Powder; 02-26-2020, 11:10 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X