X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harley Race

Comment

• YES!

Race was the first US Champion, but in the WWE, Kanyon was handed the US Title, but Eddie Guerrero was the first to win it when it was re-issued.

Andre the Giant was only scared of 3 people. Race, Haku, and Bad News Brown

Race was the third guy to body slam Andre the Giant (of about 10 body slams), but according to the WWF/E Hogan was the first to do it in 1987.

King Harley Race.

Comment

• ^ there was an actual WWWF US title at one point.

I think I see the logic in the first clue now that I re-read. I don't necessarily agree that the lineage of the belt is maintained when it is re-issued, but between Race until it was retired in the WWE it does have a singular lineage. Kanyon wasn't the first US champion in the WWF, but he was the first with that belt's lineage I suppose.
        BK-097
        Last edited by BK-097; 01-23-2020, 02:42 PM.

Comment

• That was the point of the clue.

When WCW folded and the invasion happened, Booker T gave Kanyon the US Title and as such became the first WWF US Champion. Then the belt was retired/combined with the IC Title when Edge was the US Champ and Test was the IC Champ, and then the WWF became the WWE and the US Title was deactivated.

Two years later when the title was re-issued/reactivated Eddie won a tourney to become the third 'first' WWE US Champion. And according to the WWE, the 'New US Title" from 2003 - present, holds original belt's lineage.

The WWWF US Title was from 1963 to 1976 when it was deactivated.
          Powder
          Last edited by Powder; 01-23-2020, 03:42 PM.

Comment

• I guess I'll jump back in:

1. Surprisingly, I have only won 4 world titles of my 14 title reigns in the WWF/E.
            2. According to the WON, I have had the Match of the Year on 4 different occasions, and I also had the Worst Match of the Year.
            3. I am also the the first to accomplish a very specific victory, and this Sunday is a clue within a clue.

Comment

• I'm sure I've said this before, but be more patient. That's twice in the last week you've jumped back in and restarted before leaving it very long. Give people a chance to actually see that they've won, first of all. If it goes a few days then that's a different story but overnight isn't really enough.

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

Comment

• Sorry, I thought it was a day....

And it was only once. The first time, it was over a week.
                Powder
                Last edited by Powder; 01-24-2020, 10:50 AM.

Comment

• 1) a day isn't long enough is my point.
                  2) the last two times (after King Kong Sundae and Pen) it has been a day, not a week.

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

Comment

• I give full permission for Powder to take this one. Powder, if it happens again, feel free to PM me. I would have told you to go ahead.

Comment

• No problem.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Powder View Post
                        I guess I'll jump back in:

1. Surprisingly, I have only won 4 world titles of my 14 title reigns in the WWF/E.
                        2. According to the WON, I have had the Match of the Year on 4 different occasions, and I also had the Worst Match of the Year.
                        3. I am also the the first to accomplish a very specific victory, and this past Sunday is a clue within a clue.
                        4. I have 6 Tag Title reigns, with 4 different partners.

Comment

• HBK. Clue #3 is him being the first to win the Rumble for #1. If I had to guess, the worst match is either Hogan at SummerSlam or the God match whenever that was.

Comment

• YES, but no.

The Worst match of the year was the Saudi Show from 2018 tagging with HHH vs Taker and Kane.

The 4 Matches of the Year are:
                            vs Razor WM10
                            vs Jericho No Mercy 2008
                            vs Taker WM25
                            vs Taker WM26

Tag Champs Partners: HHH, Cena, Diesel, SCSA

Comment

• The tag match was that bad?

Comment

• I personally did not watch it, but according to those who did, apparently so, and according to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, yes.

Comment

Working...
                                X