No announcement yet.

Who am I? Challenge Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The only person I know of that won best gimmick without cheating was The Hurricane. My guess is he won more than four singles titles and that'd rule him out. But he was part of a stable in WCW, if I remember right, so only just misses.

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

Comment

• You are correct in that The Hurricane was part of a stable as Sugar Shane Helms, in Three Count, but it is NOT him.

And I checked for you - he won 6 titles, WCW and WWF Hardcore, WCW and WWE(2) Cruiserweight, WWF European

Comment

• I'll take a punt on Disco Inferno? Of the three clues I only know he qualifies for best gimmick.

Comment

• Nope not him either. And I am quite certain he was never a founding member of a stable.

Comment

• Yeah I thought it might have been the Marmalukes, but it's debatable whether he founded it.

Comment

• Disco was also never in the Mamalukes. That was Johnny the Bull, Big Vito, and Tony Marinara.

Comment

• Fraid not. He certainly was in the Mamalukes. He was the reason they debuted, to recoup a "debt". He then became their enforcer, albeit grudgingly.

Comment

• When you say they held four singles titles, are you limiting that to certain promotions? Because other names for best gimmick winners are coming back to me but I can't think of anyone who has only won four titles. Most people who've won that award have picked up lots of smaller belts around the US, and usually have a decent number of WWE/WCW level belts too.

Comment

• I believe you are correct with Disco as the Enforcer, but he was not a founding member, and besides, the clues are not about him anyway.

But based on his stats, he is close. best Gimmick, 4 singles titles, but he is known for being Disco Inferno. The wrestler in question is NOT known for the stable or the singles titles.

Originally posted by Prime Time View Post
                    When you say they held four singles titles, are you limiting that to certain promotions? Because other names for best gimmick winners are coming back to me but I can't think of anyone who has only won four titles. Most people who've won that award have picked up lots of smaller belts around the US, and usually have a decent number of WWE/WCW level belts too.
                    Let's say without giving anything away, that the 4 singles titles are from one of the Big 4 promotions WCW, WWF/E, ECW and TNA. But I will concede that the titles were all part of one promotion.

AND if you want, the wrestler won only 4 smaller/indy singles titles in his/her career as well, but still, none of those title runs are what this wrestler is known for.

Another clue????
                    Last edited by Powder; 11-07-2018, 01:28 PM.

Comment

• He's been part of enough teams that I think it might be him, not sure if any team was a stable.... Santino Marella

Comment

• Not Santino either.

Original clues so you do not have to look back:

1. During my early career I was a founding member of a stable, but it is NOT what I am known for.
                        2. I have one of the best nicknames in wrestling ever - and as such was voted by the Wrestling Observer Newsletter for having best gimmick.
                        3. I have won 4 singles titles in my career, but that is NOT what I am known for.

Again...do we want another clue????
                        Last edited by Powder; 11-07-2018, 03:15 PM.

Comment

• I mean, I think I know who it is; but I looked up the 'best gimmick' list so I figure I'm probably out at this point.....

Comment

• OK....

Clue 4. During a televised match, I inadvertently almost ended the career of my opponent, who later made a complete recovery and continued wrestling.

Comment

• Yeah, I think that basically confirms it. But again, I kinda cheated so I'll refrain from answering.

Comment

• Clue 5: I should be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame, but family issues are what are keeping me out. (I'm not Owen Hart).

Comment

Working...
                                X