Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's just The Joker, to me.

Comment

• Did they ever explain how they got these magic powers? Alexa went from cute girl or bitch heel to being able to shoot fire out of her hands and make goo squirt from her head. And Bray apparently has regenerative powers, and the ability to teleport and go to another dimension where he has full control and an alter ego that's impervious to pain.

Bray was a swamp cult leader. He was creepy, and maybe able to do some weird unnatural stuff, but didn't do magic. Then he went away, and came back as what seemed at the time to be a cult leader of a different kind, maybe trying to influence kids. And took a sudden left turn to magic alternate dimension devil creature.

I don't understand where the turn happened, nor where he went from the original creepy Bray Wyatt obviously trying to fool people into thinking he'd changed into a good person, to in control of an entire alternate dimension with invincible demons and puppets that are apparently real creatures.
      https://youtu.be/wue-ZFnEta8
      My latest (and hopefully last) Covid-Era show

Comment

• Powder
        Powder commented
        Editing a comment
        You just gave the best explanation we ever got.

• Team Farrell
        Team Farrell commented
        Editing a comment
        Here's the thing: if we'd even gotten an explanation that went as far as cult leader Bray getting really in to the occult and tapped into something more and coming back as this Bray, then cool I'll accept that and we move on.

There have always been stories about like Charles Manson or other occult cult leaders that could do freaky, unnatural things. So that is what it is. Who knows how much of those stories are true, or second and third hand things that have been twisted over time and drug use.

I'm willing to accept that. Take that, "pro wrestling" it and amp it up a notch or two and we're off the the races. All I need is a plausible explanation.

Kevin Sullivan was a Satanist, and did vignettes where he'd make snakes appear or whatever and during the Satanic Panic, people accepted it. I'm willing to accept a lot -- maybe not as much as we get with Bray at this point, but a lot -- if you give me a plausible explanation and it fits what we've already established.

But we went from an established creepy backwoods cult leader with an ability to influence people, to a children's show host apparently trying to shift his influence kids for reasons that still haven't been explained, to an interdimensional demon with the power to impart supernatural abilities to Alexa Bliss and give life to puppets. We're missing a step in between.

• Copied these posts over from the Alexa Bliss thread, because they apply at least as much to Bray and I think they could well be at the centre of any conversation we might want to have about Bray/Fiend going forward.

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

Comment

• I guess I project a lot, but I always thought there was some kind of demon thing that took over Bray (I think he even referenced it in his cult leader gimmick) and that was The Fiend. Now, the flip of Bray Wyatt becoming Pat Sharp in his little fun house is a weird thing and, to be honest, I think I'd rather not have had the whole 'Bray Wyatt is a nice guy, The Fiend is a terribly baddy' thing and would have rather it just be 'here's The Fiend, he's big and bad and is actually a satanic demon living in Bray's body' which then results in the whole supernatural power thing, his invulnerability and all the other stuff he can do.

Like I said, I'm probably projecting a bit and might well be seen as trying to make it all make sense. The way I see it now is that the demon itself then took over Alexa Bliss. Now, if they do that, and Wyatt is 'looking for a fresh start' which I think he said on Raw this week, it could be that the demon itself completely left Bray during the Mania match, which is why one RKO was enough to end the match, and now lives in Alexa, while Bray goes back to being Bray, or something else entirely, but drops the whole Fiend thing. It's all a bit Buffy the Vampire Slayer soft horror, but I can cope with it going that route, in storyline, if they lay it out fully and explain it.

Comment

• Be interesting to see how much of this stuff survives WWE, now that he's left the WWE.

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

Comment

• Wouldn't be surprised one bit if he got the Samoa Joe treatment and got brought back before he has a chance to go somewhere else.

Comment

• Hmmm... Reports say "budget cuts" but I have to believe there's something more going on. With the amount they've invested in him over the last few years, and the fact that there were apparently plans in place for him next month, I have a hard time believing it's budget cuts.

He's been on a mental health related break. It makes me wonder if he said he still wasn't ready and their patience ran out. Or if they decided that the gimmick has run its course and they'd rebooted him already once in recent years so he just needed to "go away and learn a new hold".

It wouldn't surprise me if he pops up in AEW. I do wonder what his gimmick would be though, and if we might wind up with something like with Jericho where we learn that sometimes having that Vince McMahon filter isn't the worst thing.
              https://youtu.be/wue-ZFnEta8
              My latest (and hopefully last) Covid-Era show

Comment

• Any look on WWE shop shows you they had a lot invested in him, and his merch was selling really well. There's bound to be more to this. If there isn't, then it feels like WWE dropping the ball again. But it seems to obvious to me that this isn't the case here. As thick headed as WWE can be, they generally don't do anything this oblivious.

If there is a genuine mental health issue for Bray, then his future should be more Matt Hardy focused, and end up having creative input somehow.

That said, the obvious answer is AEW's Dark Order. I don't know if it's best, but there's a reason that's what's being mentioned the most.

Comment

Working...
                X