FKA Bray Wyatt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FKA Bray Wyatt

I looked, and I'm not really surprised that Bray Wyatt did not have his own thread since the rest, but....

Where is Bray Wyatt? He made an appearance at Starcade, and now he is lost once again. I think that he could be repackaged into something else. The Wyatt Gimmick is just about done because the WWE messed it up so badly.

I would still like Wyatt to revert back to his given name, tag with his brother under his given name, bring in their father Mike Rotundo and play up their lineage. You could even bring in Barry Wyndham.

I wouldn't be in favor of a full repackage, but I do think they could do something similar to the Biker Taker change-up. Keep the Bray Wyatt name, but instead of all the "Eater of Worlds" garbage, maybe tone down the creepy cult leader thing and let us see what he can do with a looser, more natural gimmick.

I think if you go too far - changing his name, teaming him up with his brother - you're risking that he gets even less over. To me or you, Mike Rotunda and Barry Windham might be cool legends, but its been 30 years since Windham could be considered a main event-level guy and Rotunda, for all his years of service, is mostly remembered for his tag run in Money Inc. We're also not talking about Rocky Miavia or Charlotte or Natalya, who were all presented as third/second-generation stars from the get-go. If you do this with Wyatt, I think the reaction is going to be, "Oh, so the Bray Wyatt gimmick failed and now we're supposed to care because his dad was that 'IRS guy' 25 years ago? Yawn."

The Bray Wyatt character might not be of much value, but the name Windham Rotunda is worth even less.

Comment

Yeah, I don't think that idea has gotten much support no matter how many times it has been mentioned.

Anyway, just stopping by because Bray went on some cryptic twitter thing and once people had got over the idea he might be leaving, the rumour is now that it's a hint towards some sort of big thing coming up for Bray. Not exactly a hard reboot by the sounds of it, but more a kind of partial reset.

So yeah, I expect he might be brought back into a more prominent role shortly if what people are saying is true.

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

Comment

I sort of like the character still, just hope it is not like beating a dead horse to try and push him again

Comment

I have to agree with the above.

Having Bray play a straight character may work but there isn't much to build off in terms of legacy. I don't think his family has been mentioned outside of die hard circles for a long time.

I think he just needs a tweaked version of his current character and be able to back up what he says in the ring. ONe of the newer guys did a good column on it in the columns forums.

Comment

I hate the idea of stripping Bray of his character, at this stage. His character is incredible. Making him a bland 'legacy' wrestler just won't work, like Axel and many others before him.

Comment

Wait, who is this again? Where has Bray been?

Comment

Latest Bray rumor: Vince had Bray change up his look (a partially shaved head, and shorter beard, and kind of looks like Braun lite) and Bray is rumored to be Kofi’s first feud after Mania.

Comment

I don't care about anything else, I have never been jealous of a man more than I am of Bray Wyatt right now.
                  Last edited by LWO4Life; 03-29-2019, 02:56 PM.

Comment

Do you suppose this will be for the title, or will Bray cost Kofi the title at Mania? Would be interesting if this was a way for Bray Wyatt to be in a stable with Rowan and Bryan.

Comment

No he will not cost Kofi, I think the plan if for Bray to attach Kofi after Mania, or win MITB and challenge Kofi.

Comment

I think they have to get Kofi the title. I wouldn't be surprised though if to get the title back, Bryan gets Wyatt, and Wyatt and Rowan work with Bryan in a program with some good 3 on 3 matches and Wyatt against Kofi. If rumor is Kofi and Brock at Summer Slam, I expect to see Kofi with the title through the summer.

Comment

So this is Bray Wyatt's new gimmick...Not sure how to feel about this....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHkiVa-FYvo

Comment

The last 30 seconds made it intriguing. He’s eyes really lighting up and the maniacal laugh; he even brought out his more southern accent when he said “I’m just getting started here”. (Little touches like changing the accent are great... Booker T during his King Booker days would go from the faux British accent to his normal ghetto accent when he got really pissed off.) Makes me think perhaps a split personality or something.

Comment

It's weird enough that it actually interested me. Can't say I have faith it'll go anywhere worthwhile, looking at Wyatt's history, but it's a chance for something fresh with him at least.

The '92 Rumble! The Brain's Finest Hour!

Comment

Working...
                              X