The Freak Lars Sullivan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Freak Lars Sullivan

Why is the WWE debuting Lars Sullivan now? Or within a few weeks? That would mean that he will have to be a part of Mania (most likely in the ARMBAR), but why not wait until the RAW or Smackdown after Mania?

Do you think that the WWE has immediate plans for him?

I could see him being pushed pretty quickly. I'd send him to Smackdown and have him feud with Jeff Hardy or Rey Mysterio.

Comment

It is an odd time for a debut, for sure, but I think WWE sees an opportunity to create a new monster. And bringing him in to be dominant in the Rumble, initially, works in that regard. And yeah, then adding in the Andre Royal to his early accomplishments, again, builds on that.

I like Lars.

Comment

As we saw on Raw this week, there seems to be a few more debuts happening sooner rather than later. I'm all for it, because holding off debuts / returns until after Wrestlemania hasn't been producing a lot of game-changers for a while now - as seen with The Revival, Authors of Pain, Ember Moon, No Way Jose, Bobby Lashley, and so on.

I think Lars has a good look that they can use to build a monster. Personally, I haven't dug him much during his NXT run, but can certainly appreciate what he can bring to the table. We'll see what the future holds for him.

Comment

I just hope they don't make him into a modern day Snitsky.

Comment

Now be fair - that wasn't his fault...

I think I'm with you, Deg. I'm all for there being tropes and structures in place where it comes to storyline things. But where it doesn't make sense in kayfabe I don't think those tropes should be obvious. The whole idea of us all knowing that people come in at a certain time of year but there being no real reason for it is anathema to me.

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

Comment

Originally posted by Prime Time View Post
              Now be fair - that wasn't his fault...

I think I'm with you, Deg. I'm all for there being tropes and structures in place where it comes to storyline things. But where it doesn't make sense in kayfabe I don't think those tropes should be obvious. The whole idea of us all knowing that people come in at a certain time of year but there being no real reason for it is anathema to me.
              Of course it isn't his fault, but can we really trust creative to not misuse him? Nakamara, Braun Strowman, Rusev, and more I could list. Granted, we are supposedly in a new era of wrestling according to the McMahons, but I'd take it with a grain of salt.

Comment

The trouble with doing a huge block of NXT call-ups in one instant is that it doesn't allow for any logic behind their call-ups, and it also means they're asking the audience to become familiar with a host of new characters all at once.

You know when they reboot TV programs with a new cast, and then they inevitably fall on their face within a season? That's how the NXT call-ups are working right now. It's like Scrubs season 9.

Comment

I agree. The call ups seem to be trying to put a band aid on a broken leg. Call up some rookies, with fresh faces, and make some new match ups, but if they do not change the product, it is destined to fail.

However, with that said, here is how I would handle where the call ups should go.

Lars Sullivan, Nikki Cross, and Heavy Machinery to Smackdown. Smackdown needs a Monster type, and another talented person in the Woman's division b/c how many times can we watch Charlotte vs Becky? Also based on last night's Smackdown, it looks like the tag division may be getting a well needed shot in the arm, if you add in Heavy Machinery we could finally have a true tag division. The GB, Usos, New Day, Sanity, Bar and Heavy Machinery. Lots of new and fresh match ups.

Lacey Evans and EC3 to RAW. Vince loves both of their looks and EC3 is a well seasoned performer and could go directly into a main event position. Lacey would be a welcomed addition to a lacking Women's division.

Comment

Originally posted by LifeLostInRewind View Post
                    Of course it isn't his fault, but can we really trust creative to not misuse him?
                    Missed the joke. Never mind, it wasn't very funny anyway.

But yeah, totally with you Oli. The no rhyme or reason thing is honestly setting people up to fail. Kinda like the Scrubs example, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Prime Time View Post
                      Missed the joke. Never mind, it wasn't very funny anyway.
                      yes it was...

Last edited by Powder; 12-19-2018, 08:02 AM.

Comment

OOF. I was referring to the 2008 snitsky so I ignored the joke haha.

Comment

I wanted to like Lars, but unlike AJ Styles or Randy Orton, whose political views I may not agree with but can - 100% admittedly hypocritically - look past and enjoy the work of (not so much Orton most of the time, but definitely AJ), I think Lars is a racist dumbass and hope he flops.

I will readily admit my bias is not consistent, but that's kind of how things go. If John Lennon put out his first single tomorrow and it is widely known how abusive he is/was to his wive(s), I'd be like, "Fuck that abusive asshole and his music!" ...But I didn't know about that stuff when I was introduced to A Hard Day's Night and Rubber Soul when I was 7. I didn't know the dark side of John Lennon when I fell in love with his music. So, of course, when you get older and connect the dots in your late teens and realize the guy who wrote "All You Need Is Love" was kind of a drug-abusing monster, it makes you rethink your love of his work- but then you hear "Happiness Is A Warm Gun" or "Norwegian Wood" again and you're just like, "Fuck it, dude was a friggin' Beatle and The Beatles fucking rule."

AJ Styles might be a homophobic, anti-choice pseudo-Bible Thumper, but dude's a friggin' wrestling Beatle. That magic he does in the ring? Those stories he tells? He is The Walrus. Koo-koo-ka-choo.

Lars Sullivan doesn't have a "Strawberry Fields Forever" in his resume, let alone a "Dig A Pony." And, so, fuck Lars Sullivan. If he wants to win me over, he's gonna have to produce some Sgt. Pepper's-level shit fast because I don't dig meathead xenophobes.

Comment

I read somewhere that the guy has been suffering anxiety issues ahead of his debut. My heart goes out to him, that stuff is no fun, he must feel like he is getting crushed by a potentially huge Mania program and the fact he knows he isn't holding up.

Comment

You feel for him indeed, but I imagine it's better for everyone that you find that out now rather than on live TV once it's all started.

Comment

Working...
                              X