#SpeakingOut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PEN15v2 View Post
    EVERYONE takes a pill that isn't prescribed to them. I've been offered t3s by my parents, friends, wife..etc.
    Not me. I'm on six meds as it is. I don't trust interactions not happening with unprescribed medications.

Comment

Just snort the coke, goddamnit!
      https://youtu.be/wue-ZFnEta8
      My latest (and hopefully last) Covid-Era show

Comment

Does Joey Ryan have a case? He filed a huge lawsuit against his accusers, which, if he wins, it could be HUGE in the SpeakingOut Movement.

Comment

I'm not a lawyer by any means, but it's interesting to see.

He's never going to get the money he's asking for, that's a given. I can't imagine they've got that kind of money to give. But, vindictively, he might be able to bankrupt them.

At least in this jurisdiction, you have to be able to prove your statements were both true AND in the public interest. So, for instance, I couldn't walk down the street saying "Powder spends his evenings wearing a leash in bondage gear with a woman who isn't his wife." Even if I could prove it was true, I'd have to prove that exposing it was in the public interest. It's kind of a safety to prevent the average private citizen from having their personal dirty laundry aired in public for no reason.

Now, in Joey's case, it probably is in the public interest if he's a sex predator. But, if these women can't prove anything (and I'm not sure how strong the burden of proof would be) then they might be in trouble.

At the end of the day, I think Joey's doing this to get their statements removed or retracted, and to have them stop talking about it. I'm not sure if it'll work, I'm not sure if he'll ever make a return to wrestling at the level that he was at, but he's going to try. I don't think his lawyer would go forward with it if they didn't think he had the possibility of winning.

Comment

Gotcha...

But can you please not speak of my nighttime habits again....

Comment

He is only suing 3 or 4 of the 15 Women who accused him and he has all ready admitted to a bunch of the shit he was accused of in a YouTube video he has now deleted. I think this shit will get thrown out rather fast to be honest.
              sigpic

Comment

I find it interesting that he sued just a fraction of the women who spoke out against his alleged behavior. Why not more of them?

It sounds like he has something on the ones he did go after in the lawsuit, so maybe there's something behind this sudden action.

Comment

Apparently he has filed a second suit against 10 more accusers and allegedly plans on doing the same with TNA for breach of contract. He could name the 10 accusers if he chooses but hasnt yet.

Least he isnt outing anyone yet.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hisoka View Post
                    He is only suing 3 or 4 of the 15 Women who accused him and he has all ready admitted to a bunch of the shit he was accused of in a YouTube video he has now deleted. I think this shit will get thrown out rather fast to be honest.
                    I think it'll all come down to proof and whether or not he can establish that he was under the impression that anything he admitted to was consensual.

The guy's a fucking creep. I've been given a few personal stories from people that I wouldn't share because they haven't and while none of them go as far as sexual harassment or outright assault, the general creepiness is enough for me. Thinking back personally, I recall one time working a show where he was doing a mixed tag, and spent most of the night in the locker room that everyone had kind of just agreed was the "girls" locker room.

Unfortunately though, in these "he said/she said" bullshit cases, especially where he appears to have proof of seemingly amiable conversations and interactions with his accusers taking place after the events that he is accused of, he just might fair well. Again, I'm not a lawyer, think he's a creep and believe every word that he'd been accused of, but I'm not sure a courtroom will agree.

EDIT: For the record, the first time I met the guy I thought he was really creepy. In subsequent interactions, I observed that he was really socially awkward, and chalked up my initial opinion to that. (When he says he's uncomfortable putting his arm around girls for photos at the merch table, that's 100% a shoot.) Turns out, I should have gone with my gut.
                    Last edited by Team Farrell; 09-30-2020, 01:53 AM.

Comment

Not sure if the old rules still apply but some new nes regarding Riddle and his accuser.
                      sigpic

Comment

Yes, the rule about linking to other wrestling sites still applies.

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

Comment

Working...
                        X