'Dealbreakers'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mystic View Post
    Most of them have "transformed" wrestling with their "bravery" and open minded narrow mindedness.
    This is an amazing quote, and I'll likely use a version of this in political discussions in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Prime Time View Post
      The Saudi thing is a lot closer, Pen. I don't know if I'd call it a full dealbreaker in this case because you're still watching the rest of the show. But if you won't watch those shows... I guess that's partly along the way. I know of people who've cancelled the Network over the Saudi deal, so it's clearly a dealbreaker for some.
      I'm in that group of folks who cancelled their Network as a result of the Saudi shows. I was on my way to this decision, but it was a final straw for me and I'm not sure when/how I would have come to that decision otherwise. I was/am so invested in the tape archives that it took an event/decision to force my hand - not liking the current product clearly wasn't enough as I had gone a few years since watching the product contemporaneously. I don't see how I will ever forgive them for the Saudi shows

Comment

Gooner and Mizzie both mentioning ADR, he's a name I thought might come up. Though sounds like Gooner has less truck with him of the two of you.
        I'm someone that can usually separate real-life events from art, so while there are times where I find the person abhorrent, when it comes to them portraying a character or watching a movie, I can move past it and just disconnect. Outside of wrestling, there's many more examples of this such as Kevin Spacey, R Kelly, etc. So I can watch films/TV with Spacey in it for example and not really think about what he has allegedly done in real-life.

I think I came to that conclusion based off the fact that a lot of famous people have done something bad in their lives and if I boycotted them, I'd be left with very little to do. Also, where do you draw the line as to what is unacceptable to the point of boycotting them? The recency of the act also plays a factor.

Comment

I'm usually pretty good at that too. That's why the only people on my shitlist are really those in wrestling where the problem that I have with them also relates specifically to wrestling, if you follow me.

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

Comment

Interesting example of not sharing a locker room, Coach. You say you can't think of one person who would stop you watching a promotion and I'm guessing that these people you refer to are just not on that kind of level - but hypothetically, is someone you wouldn't share a locker room with enough to stop you from watching a show, or is that a different level? It's one thing to watch a show, quite another to be seen on that same show?
            Depends. Once I watched a live stream, featuring several of these people, on my phone while waiting for the previews to start at a movie out of morbid curiosity. Most times I just have no interest in wasting my time.
            https://youtu.be/wue-ZFnEta8
            My latest (and hopefully last) Covid-Era show

Comment

Originally posted by PEN15v2 View Post

This is an amazing quote, and I'll likely use a version of this in political discussions in the future.
              Thanks, Pen. Glad to have been of help. That came from about my 3rd mental edit. Goal was to say my truth succinctly without getting too deep into the weeds.

sigpic

Comment

So.... anyone revisiting this after the last couple of days?

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

Comment

Not really, but that's because I think the "sport" will eat out those who would be deal breakers. Keep in mind that Chris Benoit is still completely revered with hardcore fans, and in my opinion his acts are much worse (though it's arguable as it was a single one time HORRIBLE act, over a series of awful acts.)

Comment

I stopped watching WWE completely since the Saudi shows became a regular thing.

Comment

Working...
                    X