'Dealbreakers'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Dealbreakers'

Does anyone out there have wrestlers that are absolute dealbreakers for you? People who are, for whatever reason, so far beyond the pale that you won't watch a show that they are on, or a company that employs them, that kinda thing?

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

ADR was one for me, and now Brit Baker is another. I will watch the show and company, but not her segments.

Comment

I literally said in the first post someone that if they are on the show, you won't watch it, and then you turn around and say someone on a show you watch.

Comment

I do not think anyone will not watch a show, or a promotion for a single performer, that may have anywhere between 1-30 minutes (depending on the segment/match) of screen/show time. That is a little much. Not watching a performer(s) is one thing, but an entire show or promotion is another. Do you have any one like that?

Comment

I have lots of people like that nowadays. A couple of years ago I had none, now it's a mile long.

Comment

I'll bite, who and what promotion(s)?

Comment

Oh, it's too many to bother listing individuals. It's basically anyone in that 'won't take wrestling seriously' philosophy who has crossed over into actually saying insulting things about traditional wrestling and it's fans.

And any company who works with them, by extension.

But yeah, I was wondering if this was just a 'me' thing, or if anyone else had guys that reached that level. I have heard one or two individuals slated at a real deep level, people really going in hard on people for being scumbags, but I didn't know if anyone was sticking their money where their mouth was on that score.

Comment

So how do you feel about guys like Orange Cassidy and Joey Ryan. Both of their gimmicks in a way mock pro-wrestling.

Comment

Yeah, they're both on the list.

Comment

I think Dealbreakers are going to be tough to list off because it's so easy to skip over a segment or match to get to the rest of the show. I haven't watched any AEW since Matt Hardy's first promo, which aired 2 months ago. But I know I'll tune in again, I'm just on hiatus until I get the nerve to try to put up with AEW. Their PPVs have been solid, so I can't classify myself as being done with AEW.

THAT SAID, I don't know if this counts, but I haven't watched any WWE shows from Saudi Arabia since the Greatest Rumble. And I doubt I'll tune into any in the future either.

Comment

I can't really think of one person or thing that would stop me from watching an entire promotion. There are a few people I wouldn't share a lockerroom with, but they're not names any person would recognize. I've told promoters "if you continue to book X, I'm not interested".

I guess if Benoit came back from the dead and someone booked him, I'd be out. If Daniel Bryan had been told WWE wouldn't clear him, and other promotions would have, I was prepared to sit out on them, and that's probably hypocritical.
                      https://youtu.be/wue-ZFnEta8
                      My latest (and hopefully last) Covid-Era show

Comment

No, no one performer or talent would make me not watch a promotion or a show. I'd just skip their segment. That being said, there's barely anyone on that list, but Alberto Del Rio is probably on that list.

Comment

Agree with those who say nobody is a full on dealbreaker, though ADR was a big part of running me out of Impact in 2017. But he was just the biggest piece of a larger puzzle, I survived his Lucha Underground run without too much trouble.

The '92 Rumble! The Brain's Finest Hour!

Comment

My list begins with Joey Ryan and runs a mile long. Most of them have "transformed" wrestling with their "bravery" and open minded narrow mindedness.
                            sigpic

Comment

The Saudi thing is a lot closer, Pen. I don't know if I'd call it a full dealbreaker in this case because you're still watching the rest of the show. But if you won't watch those shows... I guess that's partly along the way. I know of people who've cancelled the Network over the Saudi deal, so it's clearly a dealbreaker for some.

Interesting example of not sharing a locker room, Coach. You say you can't think of one person who would stop you watching a promotion and I'm guessing that these people you refer to are just not on that kind of level - but hypothetically, is someone you wouldn't share a locker room with enough to stop you from watching a show, or is that a different level? It's one thing to watch a show, quite another to be seen on that same show?

Gooner and Mizzie both mentioning ADR, he's a name I thought might come up. Though sounds like Gooner has less truck with him of the two of you.

Shane, sounds kinda like we're on a similar page here.

Comment

Working...
                              X