Parker Boudreaux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parker Boudreaux

I saw some talk somewhere else that Jim Ross wants AEW to sign UCF football player Parker Boudreaux and that people are comparing him to Brock Lesnar.

Never heard of the guy, but if he shows up I'll give him a chance!

The '92 Rumble! The Brain's Finest Hour!

Comment

More tolerant than a lot of responses that I have seen. Anti Lesnar and Anti Ross narratives are already out there on this guy and he hasn't even started yet.

Comment

I don't like those kneejerk reactions. It'd be nuts to say that nobody can cross over into wrestling from another sport. If he comes in and he sucks or fans don't like him, give him the boot, but why do it before we've even seen him? I know mileage varies but Matt Riddle and Shayna Baszler are two of my favorite discoveries of the past 5 years.

And now I'm realizing you said UCF and not UFC, but my larger point still stands!

The '92 Rumble! The Brain's Finest Hour!

Comment

Gotta admit I had no idea what UCF was until now, you have too many colleges in America to keep track of!

Comment

Moving this in here because some time ago he chose WWE over AEW and has been training with them for quite a while now.

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

Comment

I'm quite surprised we haven't seen him on NXT, at least, yet. I wonder if he might show up on the big 'relaunch' show next week.

Comment

He signed with the WWE in February. So let's say that he started training March 1. That is on 6 months of wrestling training.

I would comfortably say that 6 months is way too soon to pick up enough to make any sort of debut, outside of the PC.

I would think that for his sake, he will not make an NXT debut until at least Summer 2022.

Comment

Why?

He could easily be someone's associate, ala Ridge Holland or Omos. Ridge had a couple of years on the indy circuit before joining WWE, my understanding is that Omos did not and debuted as Shane's heavy on Raw Underground about six months after signing.

I'm not thinking about him going out there and putting on twenty minute clinics in the main event of shows. More him going out there and wrecking people, the way a 6'4", 280lb guy should, in 2/3 minutes once every couple of weeks.

Comment

Gable Stevenson vs. Parker Boudreaux for the WWE Championship at WM 40?

Comment

Working...
                    X