No announcement yet.

Samoa Joe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I edited the post, b/c I forgot when I typed it that Strowman came out and challenged Joe swetting up a feud, and also the Orton RKO on Ali followed by KO stunning Rusev. I just posted in KOs thread that I think that will lead into an "anything you can do I can do better feud" between KO and Orton.

Comment

From what I've heard it sounds like they are doing the 'Mysterio family' angle again, just with Joe this time. Kinda surprised that they are carrying on with this given how decisive the 'Mania match was. I'd have thought they'd have wanted to use that as more of a springboard.

Or maybe that would make too much sense, I dunno.

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

Comment

^ Just to follow on from that, seems it was the complete opposite of a springboard given Rey returned the favour (even if the dodgy pin offers a way out).

But the curse of 50/50 booking strikes again?

Comment

Does it count as 50/50 if one wrestler has a way out?

Comment

Hmm. Interesting thought.

Anyway, Joe confirmed @ Extreme Rules against Kofi Kingston for the WWE title.

Comment

That could be a lot of fun. Joe doesn't have the pace he once did, but I really enjoyed him refreshing his old X Division sort of vibe against Ricochet. His match against Kofi might follow a similar pattern.

Comment

He doesn't have the pace, but like many older stars, he's modified his style. His work is still very impressive, even at a slower pace (which matches most WWE main event style matches anyways).

Comment

Just saw this on Twitter, feel like it says a lot about Joe's current positioning.

Samoa Joe Fun Fact: he has been in eight world championship matches, making him the WWE superstar to compete in the most of those without one day becoming champion. This makes him the second biggest loser in the past thirty years (British Bulldog tops the list at 10).

Comment

Apparently Joe got injured last night in the Tag match last night. Looking like it was a concussion. Sigh.

The guy can't seem to stay out of his own way in the WWE. Every time they begin to push him, he gets hurt.

Comment

Saw some rumour yesterday that Joe's been popped for a wellness violation - not sure of the source, just saw a few Tweets floating around.

Comment

Main page is also reporting that as well.

Comment

Why is it that Joe and Baszler use the same move, but Joe's is the Coquina Clutch and Baszler's is the Kirifuda Clutch?

Comment

Because branding is a thing.

Comment

But...

a suplex is a suplex
                              a moonsault is a moonsault
                              a headlock is a headlock
                              a stunner is a stunner

They have the same finisher with different 'legit' names....that does not make sense. If the holds were slightly different, then sure, give them different names, but they are identical.
                              Last edited by Powder; 02-11-2020, 07:28 AM.

Comment

But many of those moves had unique qualifiers or adjectives depending on who used them. Kevin Owens is doing A Stone Cold Stunner, but it's never called that.

Also, that's a likely a variation between their clutches. The basis for the move is the rear naked choke, but in MMA there are variations with different names. I haven't compared the two you've mentioned, but either there's a variation we are missing, or it could be wrestlers choice bad on how they learned it.

Comment

Working...
                                X