Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cult will be very pleased that I got somebody to watch this match for the first time! I'm out here doing the lucha god's work, Iken!

The '92 Rumble! The Brain's Finest Hour!

Comment

• Now this is forum content I can get behind! I'll be doing a write up on Laredo Kid for the site either today or tomorrow as well. He has a terrific story on how he got to Fyter Fest this weekend and I intend to tell it.

Comment

• What's this cropping up in my twitter feed about Konnan and Cody on a AAA show?

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

Comment

• Konnan cut a 100% worked promo on Cody this past Thursday at a show in Aguascalientes that I guess some people have thought was a shoot? I'm not sure how that all came about but having watched the promo (which was great) live it was very clearly a continuation of the issues Cody and Konnan had back in March, where Konnan told Cody anything he does in AAA has to go through him and Cody responded by calling Konnan a powerless employee.

Comment

• Only a few days till Triplemania! I expect all of you to be here for the show, or I will send the Steinerbot on your ass.

Comment

• Well, I will be watching the show, it looks like some solid matches on the card. I really don't know much about AAA, but I've enjoyed the shows/matches I've seen so far!

Comment

• You can call off the Steinerbot, Cult!

That pre-show match was excellent, the Copa Triplemania was fun for once, THE PARK FAMILY, the lasses TLC match with motherfucking AYAKO HAMADA, Cain Valasquez delivering a better MMA to wrestling transition than Ronda Rousey, THE PARK FAMILY, Omega vs Pentagon getting confirmed (after a tepid six man affair, it must be said), Demon vs Wagner (!!!!!), Tirantes being the worst referee in the business as ever, and of course THE GOD DAMN PARK FAMILY.

Probably the best major event I've watched from a company this year.

Comment

• You know what the funny thing is; not only was this show par the course for AAA this year, but I'm not sure it was even the best AAA show of the year! There are two shows, a February 10th show in Tepic and a June 9th show in Monterrey (which features the now mythical Laredo Kid-Hijo del Vikingo match) that I thought were just a bit better. None of which takes away from the fact that Triplemania was a resounding success and definitely featured the best performance from English commentary ever. I can only hope it gets more people to watch AAA for the rest of the year so people can see that AAA has been as great as I've been hyping them to be all year.

Comment

• Guess who's going to AAA in the Hulu Theater this weekend? THIS GUY!

Comment

• Dude that's awesome!! Can't wait to hear about the show!

Comment

• You can watch it on FITE apparently, though it's costly. But no one will watch it. TOO MANY FLIPS! NOT ENOUGH 1980's STORYTELLING!

Comment

• I mean 1980s storytelling is awesome, but flips can be too!

Comment

• Hey Cult, how was the MSG show?

I'm sorry that it wasn't the best show of the weekend. If only Bloodsport had been next week...
                            https://youtu.be/wue-ZFnEta8
                            My latest (and hopefully last) Covid-Era show

Comment

• It was great. The best part was when Pentagon did his Cero Miedo routine and then said stuff about Western Canadian wrestling legend Sydney Steele that I will not repeat here for our more sensitive posters! We'll see if its leading to a match!

In all seriousness, best show I've ever attended. I expected it would be a good show but it was somehow even better than that. Wagner vs. Demon was unfortunately pretty weak, especially compared to the Triplemania match (my theory is, because the New York Athletic Commission is very strict on how violent matches can be, AAA decided to do a tame match in order to avoid issues) and Taya-Tessa didn't grab the crowd, but everything else was exceptional. The opener with Mascarita Dorada (El Torito!) was a lot of fun, the Impact-AAA match was strong despite Impact inexplicably winning, the four way was great, Cain Velasquez exceeded expectations yet again (in another great match) and the Lucha Brothers/LAX match was the best match I've ever seen in person. Crowd was unreal as well aside from Taya-Tessa (and they were still good there, just not great); completely old school to in that there were no modern chants, just pops, chants for the wrestlers and such (AAA never gave them a chance to turn on the show either by not having anything bad on the show and by keeping the show at a brisk 2 hours and 30 minutes). A complete success.

Comment

• Really glad the show went so well, that's awesome for AAA and for all of wrestling. I admit I was a little worried when it sounded like they were having some issues setting it up but sounds like it came off quite well in the end.

Comment

Working...
                                X