Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really happy for Star Jr, I haven't seen him much but he clearly seemed more talented that many other stuck in the CMLL death slot. Glad they can figure out how to push someone every now and then!

The '92 Rumble! The Brain's Finest Hour!

Comment

Y'know, coming back in here has cleared something up for me because I don't know lucha all that well, but I remember it seemed as if almost on a dime things turned around and you went from hearing only good things about CMLL to only bad things. Part of me put that down to the audience, because the English-speaking fans of lucha are not always known for being reasoned in the position that they take, bouncing back and forth between extremes instead. But seeing that story about a change in management explains a lot.

Do people still watch CMLL outside of Mexico, or has all of the attention been swallowed up by the other promotions? Feels like nowadays if anything about lucha breaks through to me at all, and that's a very, very occasional thing, then it's usually a reference to AAA. As I say, a wholesale volte face on a couple of years ago.

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

Comment

The main criticism I see of CMLL these days is they're very stale in their booking and tend to book for the tourists rather than think of anything long term. I'm not sure I've seen enough to say that's true but AAA is certainly more likely to try something experimental that will break through and capture attention.

The '92 Rumble! The Brain's Finest Hour!

Comment

Working...
        X