Ruby Soho

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ruby Soho

Why is Ruby Riott never treated well? she can talk, she can wrestle and she has about 10 years of experience, and she in only 29. Is it because of her punk/goth look? The hair, the makeup and especially the tattoos. Is Vince that fickle in that he will not push her because of her looks? I for one think she has a lot of sex appeal, and I like her look.

But what else could be the reason for her not getting a push. I will not accept her injury being the reason, as so many performers were being pushed prior to and upon the return of an injury, but Riott came back and nothing. More fodder.

With Becky out for [at least] over a year, but probably years, and Charlotte gone for [reportedly] until December, and Baszler is in limbo, the WWE's Women's division is really thin. So they can push new people into the title pictures. The WWE has Belair, Baszler, and Riott all on the main roster that can give the division a boost of fresh faces, and then you eventually have Io Shirai, Ripley, and Mia Yim, and eventually Raquel in NXT that can come up. But in the meantime, push Riott.

I don't think it has to do with her look, she's just not high on the totem pole. She's in a similar position to Nattie, where she's good enough to make the other girls look better than they are, so they use her in that role.

She's been below Charlotte, Becky, Bayley, Sasha, Shayna, Asuka, etc. in a pretty stacked roster that, as you pointed out, has lost some depth. But I'm not sure they need to be that concerned yet. They've got some established girls like Mandy and Sonya who have had more TV exposure in the past month, and they seem to have gotten at least a little behind Peyton for some reason. I mean Alexa Bliss is always just a few wins away from the top of the division, Carmella has been a star in the past and Liv kind of fits their mold better.

Even if they get Zelena Vega in the division, she's been a featured performer for the entire year and can go. Shayna could come back next week.

It's nothing against Ruby, I like her quite a bit, but I think there's a line of girls that WWE sees as ahead of her. Maybe her look has something to do with it, or the fact that she was off TV for such a long time, but ultimately I think they just don't have plans for her to be a top star.
    Team Farrell
    Super Moderator
    Last edited by Team Farrell; 07-03-2020, 12:13 PM.
    https://youtu.be/wue-ZFnEta8
    My latest (and hopefully last) Covid-Era show

Comment

She's in a midcard role, so I don't consider that not being treated well. Online fans tend to think anyone with any potential should be a world champion (I'm not picking on you in particular; this is a common online complaint). But a midcard role is still a good position to be in.

Also, we need to keep in mind there are no house shows right now. There's no audience. There's less ways to gauge the interest of the fans. If social media doesn't react to Ruby Riott segments, then it becomes up to those backstage to figure out who to push without any input. It can't be easy. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if WWE is trying to find ways to reduce costs and how many are brought into to the PC. If I was running any business, and I had a COVID outbreak but didn't shut down, my first thought is to just stick to essential employees and maximize their time to avoid extra outside exposure.

I agree she's talented and has sex appeal. But I can say that about 90% of the women in WWE.

The real issue with everyone who online fans think deserve a push is how WWE books their shows. I'm not wanting a return to crash TV, but I find that WWE has a lot of wasted TV time, and it doesn't allow for more talents to get their share. I don't mean that WWE has bad TV. That's a different discussion altogether and it's based on opinion. But WWE spends a lot of time with commercials, recaps, matches that go longer than needed, promos that go too long... Raw and SD needed an editor to cut down on some of the excess, which would leave more time for talents like Ruby to have a chance to connect.

Comment

Originally posted by PEN15v2 View Post
        Also, we need to keep in mind there are no house shows right now. There's no audience. There's less ways to gauge the interest of the fans.
        In the absence of that kind of immediate data, it could become nothing more than a simple financial equation. We have people we pay more to, and we need to get our money's worth out of that investment. It wasn't that long ago that things came out about her being amongst the lowest earners in the division - so why push her above people you have much more invested in, when you have no audience there to tell you it's the right call?

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

Comment

Thread moved, name updated.....

Good pick up for the AEW women I'd have thought.

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

Comment

I think so - although hotshotting her straight into the AEW title picture is perhaps a little bit of a questionable decision. Not because she's not good enough - she flat out is - but just because I'd have liked a little bit of a journey/story to the title before getting there. I guess that's what they're doing now.

Comment

Honestly, of all the surprises at All Out, this one probably had me most excited on a personal level. Just look at her face when she heard that crowd. I'd say she's one of the best women's wrestlers in the world and she spent years doing very little in a place where no one seemed to know or appreciate her. I think there's very little chance she beats Britt on the first opportunity, but with the division looking a bit anemic on challengers I think slotting her in on top makes sense. I also fully think she'll be women's champion down the line, just a matter of the right time.

The '92 Rumble! The Brain's Finest Hour!

Comment

Once Rhea starting tattooing herself, my guess is that Vince said that they 'do not need two of them' and Rhea is bigger.

Comment

In terms of how far it will affect the ioverall quality of the show the pickups of Ruby, Rosa and Serena Deeb might be the biggest ones they've made so far even if it does not get the same plaudits as some of the men.

Comment

They've built up a world class division in terms of talent. Hope they're ready to book accordingly, outside of Britt that's been their biggest weakness with the women for quite a while.

Comment

Britt and Ruby has something all they've done to this point with the women has been missing. It might be the first truly memorable angle for the division.

Maybr that's just because everything is hotter now, but either way, still on another level.

Comment

Certainly Britt and Thunder Rosa was memorable, but it is damn good to see Britt have another dance partner who can match her for charisma and give her a genuinely heated program to work. It does my heart damn good to see her in this role, she's been killing it.

Comment

Working...
                        X