The Dark Order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Dark Order

Dark Order - or Dork Order as I often see them called - has been one of the most criticised elements of the AEW show that I've seen in the last couple of months. Any chance of turning that around, or is this doomed to fail?

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

Rumor has it that AEW is bringing someone in to be the "True Leader" of the Dark order. The guy (or girl) who has been running things from behind the scenes, akin to Vince back in the Higher Power angle. Matt hardy has been rumored, as well as others....

But other than that, I understand their point, but it just does nothing for me.

Comment

Did anyone else catch the obvious reference to Matt hardy in the Dark Order's promo last night?

Evil Uno said that the Dark Order will prove that Chris Daniels will be Obsolete.

Comment

They've also made some references to Lance Archer's catchphrase recently too, I think.

Comment

I wouldn't know that one, but I believe that the commentators mentioned Lance Archer by name during the broadcast, so it would not make good kayfabe sense to say his name and then reveal him to be the Exalted One.

Comment

If they did mention Archer I think it's a red herring. The Matt Hardy thing might be too but they definitely are teasing it. I'm open to the idea, could see it going well or flopping.

The '92 Rumble! The Brain's Finest Hour!

Comment

Matt Hardy said that he is now done with WWE. So are we seeing him on Wednesday in AEW?

Comment

I'm surprised at the way they've pushed on with this despite almost all of the feedback I've heard.

Comment

They've shifted their approach considerably based on the feedback they've got. Brodie Lee being revealed as the leader and dropping some aspects that weren't working has helped. Then again Uno & Grayson themselves haven't been on in a while, so I guess we'll see what it looks like when they're back.

Comment

Recently reported that's a result of Grayson and Uno being based on Canada and not being able to get across the border more than anything.

I hadn't heard anything about any big switch-up, to be honest.

Comment

Well they're not doing blackout "appear in the ring" entrances and they aren't doing recruiting segments that bump right up against another heel group also doing recruiting segments, anyway.

Comment

The second of those sounds like an improvement regardless of anything else, and I'd stick money on that without even seeing anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Farrell View Post
                          It really stands out to me when Brodie Lee does it. For a guy who's gimmick is that he's a cult leader/business man to talk about how he's not being held back anymore just makes him seem really insecure and doesn't jive with the gimmick.
                          Speaking of the Dark Order. Upon their debut, Evil Uno was the spokesman for tag team, and then the eventual stable until the Exhalted One story and the debut of Brodie Lee. Coach, you are in the business, so how does this, make Uno (or any other wrestler for that matter) look/feel in the business? Uno was the leader of the group, and he and Greyson have tagged together for a while prior to AEW, and then the company says that we are bringing in Lee to be your leader. That can't sit well.

Wrestling is not like other businesses, where you can bring in outside talent to replace a boss, or supervisor. This is bringing someone in to literally take over your spot and reduce you to a role player in a self centered business.

Comment

It's no different than when anyone is hired or pushed above you.

Comment

Grayson not being renewed, so I hear?

Comment

Working...
                              X