Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Malakai Black (is he still a Superstar?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PEN15v2 View Post
    It's always going to be tough to tell, because there's no released or known metrics to show if people literally change the channel when he's on, or leave their seats when they are doing live shows. But he's consistently booed.

I think online fans complain because he's not the most exciting performer. If he delivered more 3*+ matches or had better promos, they wouldn't complain so much. Yet, despite these limitations he's over as a heel. Why? Because he's so naturally unlikeable. He doesn't have to have creative promos, he's just detestable. So he's very average in a lot of ways, and that's not good enough.

Maybe if he did more dives...
    If Corbin was putting on 3*+ matches every week, hardcore fans would love him and he wouldn't have any heat anymore.
    https://youtu.be/wue-ZFnEta8
    My latest (and hopefully last) Covid-Era show

Comment

^ That's a clearer statement of what I was trying to get across with this.....

Originally posted by Prime Time View Post

I'm not sure the divide between 'fun to not like them' heat, and 'go away heat' really exists any more, the more I read.

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

Comment

Originally posted by Powder View Post
        With the 5 announced people in the the MITB match, is it anymore obvious that Black will win?
        Got advantage of hindsight now but gonna say no....

Comment

I am truly shocked that Otis won. He prior to the match said he wanted a tag team match, but now he is backtracking and may end up challenging for the Uni Title. I just cannot see Otis, in his current gimmick being a top champion. Maybe when he becomes less 'rednecky'. Like when Kane took of the mask and spoke, and when O(not as good of an example but you get my point) Luke Gallows lost the Festus thing.

Comment

So, was just reading that Aleister Black is essentially 'stuck in catering' and being forced to sit out his contract while WWE don't use him. He's not even been backstage since Zelina was fired, reportedly, so it's more of a sitting at home thing I guess, but still - considering the potential the guy had, and the way they gave him an aura really early on both on NXT and the main roster, it seems a shame that he's now not going to get a shot 'unless Vince decides he likes him' (quote from the report I read).

Comment

I cannot find when his contract expires. Some say 2021 while others say 2022. Either way, he is bored and pissed. But whenever his contract is up, I'm sure both he and his wife will land (most likely) in AEW.

Comment

Is this Vince being petty about Zelina? Or is Black refusing to work because of Zelina?

Comment

I'm not sure it's either. His push petered out in the middle of last year and he hasn't had much to do since. Paul E was his biggest supporter, and he's not running Raw anymore.

I could easily see Vince not "getting" him.

Comment

I can see that too - although you'd like to think that the guy who was there for the whole of Undertaker's career would kind of see where Black fit in.

He supposedly requested being put back on NXT, and I can't help but imagine what he vs Finn, O'Reilly, Dunne would be like.

Comment

I disagree that his push petered out. He was a freshly turned heel, got new music and a new entrance. There seemed to be a plan for him, and it was just dropped.

It feels like a stretch to imagine Tommy End being the star AEW could use to become their face of the company, but I feel he's the best option out of the people likely to be leaving WWE. I think WWE will eventually kick themselves for how this was all handled.

Comment

Originally posted by PEN15v2 View Post
                        I disagree that his push petered out. He was a freshly turned heel, got new music and a new entrance. There seemed to be a plan for him, and it was just dropped.
                        They changed his entrance and music? Those were the two best parts about him! I think he's a good wrestler with a great presence, but in my mind it's always been the cool music and Dracula entrance.

Comment

As a heel, they changed what was cool. It was still a unique and dark entrance, but it wasn't the board that lifted through the candles.

https://youtu.be/eteqC5lMtyM
                          Last edited by PEN15v2; 03-12-2021, 11:34 AM.

Comment

Oh man. The new music isn't bad, even though I like the old one enough that it's one of like three WWE themes I actually listen to, but taking away that entrance is death. He looks like a generic, skinny fat pirate job guy.

I have no idea why, but the Dracula entrance made him menacing and a super star, where this one just makes him another guy on the roster. Poor dude.

Comment

Yeah, he does look super generic - I don't think I'd seen that entrance specifically. He doesn't even do anything, just a straight up march to the ring thing.

The 'eye injury' that was presumably storyline hurts the whole thing as well. Just his complete aura shredded in one move.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Farrell View Post
                                I'm not sure it's either. His push petered out in the middle of last year and he hasn't had much to do since. Paul E was his biggest supporter, and he's not running Raw anymore.

I could easily see Vince not "getting" him.
                                Thought he was drafted to Smackdown along with Zelina.

Comment

Working...
                                X