Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Malakai Black (is he still a Superstar?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Malakai Black (is he still a Superstar?)

I've been impressed with the former Tommy End his entire NXT career, but his run on Raw is showing how much WWE sees in him as well. The match VS Akira was amazing, even at only 4 minutes or so.

Black VS Keith Lee is going to main event someday soon

Yes, totally with you here Pen! I watched a reasonable amount of him before he came into WWE, as he was a regular in PROGRESS, but I think he's probably improved whilst in WWE.

Got high hopes for him vs Buddy this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by PEN15v2 View Post
      Black VS Keith Lee is going to main event someday soon
      I would love to see this, but that also assumes that Keith Lee wants to go to the 'main roster'. Ciampa has stated that he does not want to be moved off NXT. Would/could Lee do the same?

Pen and I both agree that Keith Lee is on the verge of being the next big thing, but why would NXT want to lose their first possible major crossover superstar.

Comment

Because Tomasso is in the minority. Nobody will main event Wrestlemania while on NXT. Most people will want the chance and challenge to compete against the main roster. Even if it's not a promotion for Ciampa, whose injuries are a big reason for not wanting to leave NXT right now, most wrestlers will likely jump at the chance to work with Bryan, Rollins, Reigns, Wyatt....

But Black is so well booked. He's so protected in small and genius ways that most fans won't see it.

Comment

Is there any scenario ever where the WWE will put Zelina Vega and Alestair Black together as a married couple?

And Charlotte and Andrade, for that matter....?

Comment

I don't like his tattoos. Only twats have tattoos.

Comment

Irony at it's finest.

Comment

Originally posted by Powder View Post
                Is there any scenario ever where the WWE will put Zelina Vega and Alestair Black together as a married couple?

And Charlotte and Andrade, for that matter....?
                I don't see the purpose. Zelina and Andrade are great together.

Comment

With the 5 announced people in the the MITB match, is it anymore obvious that Black will win?

Comment

With the 5 announced people in the the MITB match, is it anymore obvious that Black will win?
                    I think King Corbin could be the winner. They can build off of Corbin's last fumble with the MITB briefcase combined with his King gimmick.

Comment

I just can't see it. He has already had every opportunity and so many pushes...
                      MITB
                      ARMBAR
                      KOTR
                      Retired Angle
                      RAW Commissioner
                      Major Main event level feud with Reigns

And none of it got him accepted by the crowd/universe. All I see on social media are jokes and memes calling Corbin a dumpster fire. They want him to go away. The way I see Corbin now, from the 'Surprisingly not awful" to having go away heat. He is unlikable and not in a good way, like Rollins, Miz, Bayley are.

I do not see people wanting Corbin to 'get his comeuppance', I see people just wanting Corbin to get off their TV.
                      Last edited by Powder; 05-06-2020, 05:14 PM.

Comment

Because you're only asking the vocal minority.

And his pushes did get him over. He's the #2 heel on Smackdown right now, behind Bray.

Comment

He is only the #2 heel because if the lack of depth.

And Bray is a heel? Seriously. Isn't he more of just there doing what he wants? I would think if a classification, Bray and the fiend are tweeners, but not a heel.

Comment

Isn't he more of just there doing what he wants?.
                            If you do this, and the consequences are for the babyfaces, then you're a heel.

I'm not sure the divide between 'fun to not like them' heat, and 'go away heat' really exists any more, the more I read.

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

Comment

It's always going to be tough to tell, because there's no released or known metrics to show if people literally change the channel when he's on, or leave their seats when they are doing live shows. But he's consistently booed.

I think online fans complain because he's not the most exciting performer. If he delivered more 3*+ matches or had better promos, they wouldn't complain so much. Yet, despite these limitations he's over as a heel. Why? Because he's so naturally unlikeable. He doesn't have to have creative promos, he's just detestable. So he's very average in a lot of ways, and that's not good enough.

Maybe if he did more dives...
                              Last edited by PEN15v2; 05-07-2020, 03:15 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X