Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think the only people that'll tell you this is some kind of gotcha is the people who love AEW and hate WWE, COACH. It's a small administrative error in the contract of a wrestler that WWE clearly wasn't too bothered about keeping around.

Maybe it depends on how much of an asset you think he will be to AEW.

Comment

• Unless he somehow turns out to be the next Stone Cold Steve Austin, it hardly matters really.

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

Comment

• Originally posted by Oliver View Post
        I think the only people that'll tell you this is some kind of gotcha is the people who love AEW and hate WWE, COACH. It's a small administrative error in the contract of a wrestler that WWE clearly wasn't too bothered about keeping around.

Maybe it depends on how much of an asset you think he will be to AEW.
        Oh I certainly think he's an asset. If the gimmick is going to be vaguely supernatural, I'm kind of over those in pro wrestling and I think it'll have a ceiling with the general public. But Tommy End is an asset. ...He's just an asset 60 days earlier. They've just got 60 extra days to do what they've done with most major potential stars: make them one of the boys.
        https://youtu.be/wue-ZFnEta8
        My latest (and hopefully last) Covid-Era show

Comment

• Man. I really think Page vs. Omega [The Entire angle since the company started] is probably my favorite long term story line ever outside of Raven vs. Dreamer. Hard to imagine they been running this for over 2 years and still haven't really pulled the trigger on it.
          sigpic

Comment

• Looking like Daniel Bryan Danielson has signed with AEW.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buzzard Guts View Post
              Looking like Daniel Bryan Danielson has signed with AEW.
              More excitingly, his contract will allow him to work in Japan so we can get a Bryan Danielson run in the BOSJ later this year. Or possibly the G1, but I think BOSJ will suit him incredibly well.

That assumes the story is true, of course.

Comment

• Unless he's lost weight, he's too bit for Jr. for a shoot. He's like 210 or 215.

I hope that this doesn't complicate his home life. I sure that it won't, and I'm sure that the amount he'll be wrestling will be less than the best he could get from Vince and thus allow him ample time with his family. However, I know that there have been rumblings of a Bella return for a match or two and I would think that puts a halt to the big return.
                Team Farrell
                Super Moderator
                Last edited by Team Farrell; 07-22-2021, 12:57 PM.

Comment

• Good episode this past week. Enjoyed way more than I could have done without.

Comment

• Originally posted by Team Farrell View Post
                    Unless he's lost weight, he's too bit for Jr. for a shoot. He's like 210 or 215.

I hope that this doesn't complicate his home life. I sure that it won't, and I'm sure that the amount he'll be wrestling will be less than the best he could get from Vince and thus allow him ample time with his family. However, I know that there have been rumblings of a Bella return for a match or two and I would think that puts a halt to the big return.
                    Isn't the Jr. weight cut off 220 lbs? Or have I imagined that in my brain?

I think his home life will be fine. He strikes me as the kind of guy that would rightly put that before anything else, and I don't think he'd have signed up if he thought he wouldn't balance that well. The Japanese tours, such as the BOSJ, might be something he's not willing to do with that in mind, though.

Comment

• I just watched Bryan vs Omega, and while it was a good old school match. it was NOT a typical AEW spot fest, it had a lot of psychology and mat wrestling and counter etc. it was NOT the CLASSIC that the internet was raving about.

From my perspective, there was too many Knife Edge Chops from both guys, way too many V-Triggers from Omega, and too many Yes Kicks from Bryan. Both guys who are master of their crafts relied on the same moves over and over.

Comment

• Because they didn't need to do anything too complex. They had that crowd from start to finish.

Moving on - I see headlines that say Bray Wyatt might debut for AEW. Is there any chance they don't do the obvious thing and have him lead the Dark Order in Brodie Lee's place?

Comment

• I saw the same, and the rumor, and take that as you will that his debut will be in Rochester (Brodie's hometown). Sooooooo.....maybe?

Comment

• Originally posted by Oliver View Post

Isn't the Jr. weight cut off 220 lbs? Or have I imagined that in my brain?

I think his home life will be fine. He strikes me as the kind of guy that would rightly put that before anything else, and I don't think he'd have signed up if he thought he wouldn't balance that well. The Japanese tours, such as the BOSJ, might be something he's not willing to do with that in mind, though.
                            I'm not positive, to be honest. I thought it was 205 like WWE's Cruiserweight division.

Literally the only thing I'm going on though is when Okada sarcastically signed "2-0-5" to Scurll at All In as a way of telling him he was a Junior and not on his level.

Comment

• 220 apparently. Though I wouldn't be surprised if you told me the last person at his weight to win it was way back on the Liger days, which might have a practical impact.

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

Comment

• I watched a full episode of Dynamite last night for the first time in a long time. I thought it was really good, right up until that main event. The Elite are cancer to my enjoyment of pro wrestling. Combine them with Dark Order and I was done.

Why does the World Heavyweight Championship program have to be so comedy focused?

Comment

Working...
                                X