No announcement yet.

MJF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With the exception of using a few colorful language he is really not that much different in his AEW promos than his promos on Seth during their feud. Taz, Cody, and MJF all do not feel stifled. Mox does. Or maybe its just that I do not see that much of a difference in the characters of Moxley and Ambrose, but with Moxley a little more free.

Comment

I think you're right about his character, Moxley is pretty similar to Ambrose but with the intensity turned up and a lot of the goofy 'lunatic' stuff eliminated.

I love his promos and think he is consistently one of the best promos in wrestling but would agree he has been coasting, without a crowd they certainly seem to lose some of their punch.

I guess I'm hoping that having to go up against someone tearing strips off him so effectively will bring the best out of Mox.

Comment

I heard something I found a bit hard to believe the other day. Apparently MJF has only had about 15 matches on TV and PPV since AEW started?!

Anyway, apparently going up against Jericho again at the next PPV....

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

Comment

He's had 6-7 so far this year so I'd say he's had more than 15 but not much more. Doubt he'd even have wrestled double. That is an issue I have with AEW that guys like MJF, FTR, Santana & Ortiz and countless others just don't wrestle enough. They definitely shouldn't be each and every week but for one of the top acts to only have wrestled 6 times in 8 months isn't enough for me, especially as he's young and still learning his trade and so could benefit from getting "more reps in".

Although the addition of Rampage should help with that.
          The Cook
          I can't cook
          Last edited by The Cook; 08-27-2021, 08:05 PM.

Comment

It's only true if you are only counting singles matches. For whatever reason he has had almost as many tag matches as singles

Comment

Ah, that makes sense. I guess it must have been one on one.

Either way - it seems an odd way of doing it.

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

Comment

I have been worried about MJF a lot through the feud with Jericho and the humor they've tried to run with but it feels like he's right back on track with Pullman Jr now.

Comment

Worried how? I thought the feud came off quite well for the most part. The Pillman stuff has been a bit over the top for me, I like MJF but I got "Eddie's in hell" vibes from his last promo, not what I think you wanna aim for.

The '92 Rumble! The Brain's Finest Hour!

Comment

The problem maybe that since the WWE is 'too scripted' so AEW allows for more unscripted and Attitude Era type of promos to counter WWE's PG style. It seems like AEW wants to push that envelope that the WWE left.

Comment

Originally posted by mizfan View Post
                      Worried how? I thought the feud came off quite well for the most part. The Pillman stuff has been a bit over the top for me, I like MJF but I got "Eddie's in hell" vibes from his last promo, not what I think you wanna aim for.
                      YMMV of course but I thought that feud started ok but got progressively worse until he came out of it in a worse place than he went in.

The Pillman feud is giving him some of his aura back and for me you need to get people a bit pissed off for that to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Powder View Post
                        The problem maybe that since the WWE is 'too scripted' so AEW allows for more unscripted and Attitude Era type of promos to counter WWE's PG style. It seems like AEW wants to push that envelope that the WWE left.
                        Even for you, Powder, this is a boring talking point. MJF could cut most of his recent promo work in WWE without any problem of being within PG.

Comment

Working...
                        X