Heels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heels

If you have not been watching Heels on Starz, you should. Yes it is a TV drama, but it is about the wrestling business. The show is very good.

The finish to the first episode was magnificently done. Big fan of Stephen Amell and it's obvious he's a fan with immense respect for the business.

Comment

There has to be some sort of wrestling producer, for the matches, and the wrestling 'insider information' and scripting.

OK so Luke Hawx/Altar Boy Luke is the wrestling consutant. He has been in the indie seen for 20 years
      Last edited by Powder; 09-01-2021, 07:26 PM.

Comment

Am I the only one still watching?

Comment

Nope. I watch it every Monday morning. If the ratings for Starz are any indication, this might be the most underrated show on tv right now. I'm scared to death it won't get picked up for a second season.

How many episodes is this season supposed to have?

Comment

I think 8.

But the 'problem' I see is that, it is too much professional wrestling, aimed at the wrestling fan. I love it, and I think it is a really good show. But I can see why the general person is not interested. Yes there is drama, but it is set against wrestling.

If Starz does not renew it, I think WWE (NBC) should pick it up and put it on Peacock and tie it into RAW. Have the show air after RAW to get promotion.

Comment

Holy Mick Foley sighting, Batman!

Comment

I know, and playing a dick!

Looks like the next episode, will be some wrestling.

Also, did you know that Mike O'Malley (Charlie Gully) is also one of the producers of the show, and it was partially his brainchild for the show? he is a huge wrestling fan and wanted a show like this to get made.

Comment

Interesting. I just assumed it was a direct byproduct of Stephen Amell's love for professional wrestling.

Comment

That played a part, but Mike O'Malley is one of the major driving forces.

Hopefully in two weeks we get a good show.

Comment

Originally posted by Powder View Post
                      I think 8.

But the 'problem' I see is that, it is too much professional wrestling, aimed at the wrestling fan. I love it, and I think it is a really good show. But I can see why the general person is not interested. Yes there is drama, but it is set against wrestling.

If Starz does not renew it, I think WWE (NBC) should pick it up and put it on Peacock and tie it into RAW. Have the show air after RAW to get promotion.
                      I don't see WWE touching it seeing as Amell recently appeared in AEW and is bbfs with Cody and all those guys. Great freaking show, by the way. Took me until halfway through episode 2 to realize that Ace is Bjorn Ironsides from Vikings.

Comment

Then maybe Turner picks it up and airs it after Dynamite on Wednesdays?

Besides being from Vikings, Ace is also Cato from the Hunger Games. The lead asshole.

Comment

I watched an episode a few weeks ago, maybe the first one? It was a little to melodramatic "CW Drama" for me. It's like something written by a soap opera writer with a rough understanding of dirt sheets and a glossary of inside terms. That might be what it is for all I know.

But that first episode where he's like, sitting at his computer writing scripts for matches with dramatic verbiage and then goes on to talk about "subverting the audience's expectations" was a little much for me, to be honest. Maybe because I book and run a wrestling promotion and have never done anything similar or had even close to the same conversation about a finish?

I appreciate that it doesn't make fun of the business though, and it plays it mostly straight.
                          https://youtu.be/wue-ZFnEta8
                          My latest (and hopefully last) Covid-Era show

Comment

The show HAS to be melodramatic. It's a TV show. But all in all, it is good. It is clear that O'Malley and Amell are wrestling fans and they are trying to do wrestling justice. They are not mocking the sport, and they take everything that they are doing serious.

Coach, I would give it a few more episodes. Yes it's a TV drama, and yes, they over do some of the aspects, but it is fun.

Comment

Working...
                            X