Falcon & Winter Soldier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Falcon & Winter Soldier

We are a couple weeks out from the debut of the next Marvel series. Weekly discussions can be held here.

It looks like FAWS will only be 6 episodes. Short.

Comment

But closer to an hour long each instead of WandaVision’s 30-35ish minute episodes.

When this was first announced, I was super hyped for it because of Sebastian Stan reprising his Winter Soldier role. Like, out of everything announced, this was the one I was most looking forward to. And then WandaVision dropped its first trailer, and this show got pushed to #2 in the blink of an eye. I’m still excited for it, though. There is a photo circulating around that I hope has a different context then what’s being portrayed, though. It’s a shot of Sam (apparently taken from the first episode, I believe) standing in a black suit staring down at the shield. We’ve only seen Sam in a suit once before, and if he’s wearing another suit for the same reason, this show might start on a real bummer.

Comment

Solid opener for the series, but a little underwhelming. The opening sky battle was insanely good but with only 6 episodes, the next 5 are going to have to kick into high gear

Comment

I mistakenly put this in the Marvel Thread:

Falcon and Winter Soldier was good. The series only has 6 episodes, and I feel that episode 1 was a little too much 'set up'. Don't get me wrong, it was good and has the potential to be great, but you do not need so much exposition so to speak.

Comment

Did anyone else catch the Beverly Hills Cop 2 reference?

Comment

So Episode 2 was better but I'm still pretty much "meh" on this so far. There's basically one action scene per episode and a lot of exposition. This is obviously just fodder for getting Sam into the suit and shield, but I hope there's more to it than that. At 6 episodes, that's going to be tough. US Agent does have a very punchable face though, and I hope it gets punched a lot.

Comment

Did you know the new Cap is Kurt Russell and Goldie Hawn's son?

Also, I did a bit of looking things up because I did not know:
                John Walker: New C.A. is as you said US Agent, but may become Super-patriot
                Lemar Hoskins is Battlestar
                Isaiah Bradley is Black Captain America
                Karl Morgenthau is the Flag Smasher but in F&WS, the character is changed to Karli
                Power Broker is referenced
                Sharon Carter is coming back

I never read Marvel, so I do not know all of these references, characters, and plot points. BUUUT so far so good. My main problem is like the Flash TV show. Too many low level people/villains that the general public does not know.

DC, comparatively, had big baddies that are well known and 'household names'. Marvel used those all up in it's 23 movies.

However, I thought Ep 2 was better than Ep 1, and I think our problem is that we may be a bit Marvel'd out. After IW and EG, and Wandavision, that is a lot of stuff.

Comment

Yeah I agree. They may be going a little overboard, especially considering we roll right into Loki after this. I know right now they're doing it because of the COVID theater situation, but I hope over time they start to space things out a little more to give us a rest so to speak. As for all the characters, I knew pretty much all of it. I had to look up Isaiah though. He had slipped my mind. I almost thought they were referencing Luke Cage for a minute but he's different. It does open the Luke Cage door though.

Comment

SPOILERS:

The new episode dropped today and while it was good, I think that they are making this 6 episode story arc way too convoluted with too many moving parts and characters.

Let's see who is in the show so far:
                    Sam Wilson
                    James 'Bucky" Buchanan
                    John Walker - New Cap America/US Agent
                    Lemar Hoskins - Battlestar
                    Now:
                    Isiah Bradely
                    Baron Zemo
                    Sharon Carter - and her assistant ???
                    Karli Morgenthau - Flag Smasher
                    Power Broker
                    And now a Soldier from Wakanda

That is way too many people involved.

Comment

Marvel has never had much trouble managing a huge cast. Look at everyone involved in Endgame and it was a 2.5 hour story.

Comment

WandaVision had introduced just as many characters in roughly the same timespan, and it was just fine. Granted, that show was more episodes at a shorter episode length, but when you look at the inverse... Falcon & Bucky have less episodes at a longer run-time per episode, it’ll be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzard Guts View Post
                          Marvel has never had much trouble managing a huge cast. Look at everyone involved in Endgame and it was a 2.5 hour story.
                          Yes, but in IW and Endgame, the MCU literally spent 22 movies setting everyone and everything up, which is why when we got to Endgame, we did not have to ask who and why.

For instance, when we saw the Ancient One or Hank Pym, we were not asking who they are, or why are they there.

Comment

The last 5 minutes of today's ep was great. the rest was ok.

Comment

You must’ve missed the opening scene then.

Comment

Working...
                              X